1977 Garelli Gran Sport Value?

Hello, I am new to the forum and mopeds in general. My Father-in-Law just gave me his 1977 Gran Sport with only 329 miles on it. He had it stored in a climate controlled area for the last 15 years... The picture below shows it as I found it... dust and all... It fires up and runs just fine....

Would anyone know how to vaule this?? Exteremly low miles

I am not planning in selling it, but just wanting to know more about what I have??

THX!!!

Moped 1.jpg

Re: 1977 Garelli Gran Sport Value?

If you're not selling it, it really doesn't matter about the value. If you want to know more about the moped than the value, have a look through the Wiki and check out Treatland.tv or Dos Cycles for parts and go fast goodies.

Like anyone that owns anything ... a concept of its value is always a curiosity.. Kind of like owning a house.. I'm not wanting to sell it, but I don't want to be left in the dark if I do sell it someday...

Thanks for the links...!!

Does anyone else have any suggestions on its value/rarity? Just trying to learn here..

Thx!!

The saddle bags are cool. But the bike isn't particularly rare, and it's a moped, so it's not particularly valuable. Never will be.

An average valuation would be in the $300-$700 range. But it's a nice bike; enjoy it!

........a running titled motorcycle can be had for $500....the bags are worth more than the bike....

The rarity is not the bike, but the low miles, good condition, and the bags. Clean it up and you could easily get 700$-850$ out of it. Guys in their 50s-60s re-living their youth/collectors have proven many times will pony up when buying vintage mopeds. I've done it for years. Sunday Morning Motors has also proven this also, selling re-conditioned bikes for 1500$-2000$ & higher! Wanting to get better money, go to Craigslist or ebay. On MA you might get 400$ tops..

Value is also location based as moped laws vary widely state to state as does supply and demand. It is a $350 moped in the woods or desert, a $1000 moped in San Francisco or Brooklyn

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account