1984 Garelli Super Sport xl

Looking to purchase an 84 Garelli Super Sport xl from the 80 year old original owner. Hasn't run in 10 years and only has 260 miles on it. He stated it ran we he quit riding it and he is a friend of the family so I trust him. He said it wouldn't start for him and we suspect the carb needs cleaned. It is super clean with no rust anywhere, just a little dusty. Well he wants me to make him an offer and I have absolutely no idea what to offer him. Can't find any prices online. Can anyone help me please?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Re: 1984 Garelli Super Sport xl

kevin Smellaflange /

offer $625...

Yeah, ask him if 500 bucks would buy it,if you can afford it. Great bike! No miles!

id say 200 between family friends is plenty

Just picked up a 82 Honda Urban Express with 375 miles for $200 with title from same guy, that was his price for me and I didn't ask him to come down. Same condition, ran when parked but not now. What would the Garelli be worth in running condition?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I'd offer $300 and see if he bites. You can always go up in price if necessary. Don't go shooting your whole load up front. Why offer him top dollar when he might be thinking much lower. (edited)

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'd offer $300 and see if he bites. You can always go up in price if

> necessary. Don't shoot your load up front. Why offer him top dollar when

> he might be thinking much lower.

Because he's a friend...………..do to them as you would like them to do to you.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Friends, shmends. Business is business.

kevin Smellaflange /

$625 is fair....

Don't steal it from the original owner. Anything under 300 is stealing it.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> Friends, shmends. Business is business.

LOL! Now,MopedLar……..c'mon.

If you paid $200 for the other one and you think he is looking for more on this one, go $300. If you wanna be nice, ask him to help you clean the carb and get it running, give him $350. He'd probably like to help you get it running again.

Thanks for all the help. So what is this thing worth IF I was going to get rid of it and is there anywhere you can go on the web to find prices on these Garelli machines?

The prices that are fair to buy it for, are also fair enough prices to sell it for. You may get a small friend discount, but remember, it's just a moped. You're not gonna make anything substantial on it.

> Wayne Ray Wrote:

> Thanks for all the help. So what is this thing worth IF I was going to

> get rid of it and is there anywhere you can go on the web to find prices

> on these Garelli machines?

NOW you're sounding a little mercenary. I retract my 500 dollar suggestion.

> Wayne Ray Wrote:

> Thanks for all the help. So what is this thing worth IF I was going to

> get rid of it and is there anywhere you can go on the web to find prices

> on these Garelli machines?

Im in ohio mopeds are cheap. I have over 30 in my collection, and have never paid more than $325 for any one of them. Most were free or in the $100 range. A guy I know tried to give this garelli to me. I made him take $100. Your bike looks pretty minty, you might get $300 for it. Price it high, and take best offer. Again you are in oHIo land of many, and cheap mopeds. My 2 cents.

IMG_0239.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account