First long moped trip? maybe, it's all on moped time.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Ok, to start from the beginning:

Josiah Radebaugh and I are 14 years old. We have mopeds, we are planning to, over the summer (probably in the beginning or the end) to ride from Athens, Ohio to second stroke moped in queens, New York. Through the exemplary awesomeness and care of my mom we will be followed (with extra stuff, tools gas, etc.) on our approximately 3 day excursion towards new York. Now, here's the exciting bit. Google maps, for their bike route, assumes that you are a road biker, therefore it takes you on low speed roads or roads with bike lanes in stead of bike paths; this enables us to find a suitable route, as it assumes a constant speed of 25 mph. As the maps calculates, it will take us 2 days with no stops to get to queens, I am assuming 3 to account for rest and gas stops.

Now, here's why I'm telling you, we are looking for sponsors, nothing super serious as nothing is entirely certain at the time. These things take time to plan. For any small businesses that should like to sponsor us, please email anagy50@athenscsd.com or senoralejo23@gmail.com ; please use both as sometimes gmail hates to function correctly. What's in it for you? you have asked the right person because, my family and I are quite good friends with the people of zones custom shirts and decals. We will be posting updates and such and YOUR LOGO will be presented as we bear it on our clothing and possibly our bikes. Cool? Cool.

For regular moped people who would like to sponsor/ help us, we thank you very much and we'll accept darn near anything to help, either email me at the aforementioned email addresses or PM me. We will be riding, most likely, a vespa grande (30 mph model) and tomos targa LX with the A3 engine. (possibly a peugeot 104 and 103sp.)

Thank you for reading and thank you for any help that you may or may not give us.

*all sponsorship is optional, if you do not want to help us that is completely fine, it'll still be a cool thing.

~Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy and Josiah Radebaugh.

Thank you. (edited)

Re: First long moped trip? maybe, it's all on moped time.

Josiah Radebaugh /

You might wanna bring your sprint. You could sit at half or less throttle at like 30. And my soon to be Targa I'd say is geared properly... Might bring My Peugeot SP. No pug 104 (edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Oops, I meant peugeot 103

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I'm assuming your mom will be driving a van or truck of some sort? If so, I would highly recommend that she carry an extra moped in case one of your's cannot be quickly repaired on the side of the road. (edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Yes., she will. We will also be bring my mom's scooter to replace one of the bikes if there were to be a not quick solution

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Good man!

I would double check the laws of each state you go through to make sure a non license holder is allowed to use the public roadways. It would suck to get pulled over in PA and have some townie cops take your bikes.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

We are both licensed with valid plates. Also we both wear D.O.T approved helmets. (edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

assuming it all fits.... Vespa grande, Tomos TargaLX, Tomos sprint, Peugeot 103SP and a scooter. Maybe my Peugeot 103 and Alex's Batavus. Maybe before then we will acquire more bikes that will be used specifically for this.

Yeah you guys will be fine in other states as long as you're legal in your home state. Gotta love that 14 year age limit in ohio!

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

You have a driver's license at 14 years old? There are a few states that allow that, but neither Ohio or NY are one of them....a quick google search indicates both Ohio and NY require you to be at least 16 years old.

Cool mom though (edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Moped licence at 14. We still can't drive.

Where’s your route taking you through? You goin through the burgh?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Moped licence at 14. We still can't drive.

Interesting, and pretty cool.

Overpriced Parts /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> You have a driver's license at 14 years old? Both Ohio and NY require

> you to be at least 16 years old.

>

> Cool mom

Nope not 16 years old

Ohio moped license you can get at 14 years old

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

What's "The burgh" ?

Josiah Radebaugh /

Also noted: We are going to have some additional lighting. Probably some strap on LED stuff for visibility for motorist and us. (edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

obviously, we have a huge amount of reflective tape and led lights.

he means pittsburgh and he's just tryin to hollar at your mom.

hahaha siiike, Alex and all of MOPITT is super hospitable and chill. If you are passing through his area and he offers to hang, take him up on it!!!

I appreciate that you guys are 14 and choosing to do this with your time. A long distance ride on a moped is way cooler than juuling in your room. (edited)

> Max LGN Wrote:

> he means pittsburgh and he's just tryin to hollar at your mom.

>

> hahaha siiike, Alex and all of MOPITT is super hospitable and chill. If

> you are passing through his area and he offers to hang, take him up on

> it!!!

>

Squirrel don’t make me blush! Can’t wait to give you all the hugs in July dawg. Also, you gonna be here for work any time before that?

Josiah/Nagy, Max is correct I was referring to Pittsburgh. During your travels if you need to stop in western PA for anything feel free to contact me or hit up the MOPITT page on FB we have a shop space that you can do some wrenching at and we have plenty of space for yinz to crash, promise we won’t put the charm on scootmom this time around. Super proud of you guys this is gonna be a dope journey

Josiah Radebaugh /
Screenshot2019-02-13at11.53.03AM.png

The rout we have isn't definite but we might redirect so we can stop by.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Brooklyn Moped Supply (Myself and Co.) would sponsor you with some expendables and spares if you are interested. We are also located in Brooklyn if you would like to come check out our humble shop and have a milkshake.

Either way you should pm me so I can get you a copy of the NYC laws, which will be neccessary to pull out in the event you get pulled over. NYC cops will not be willing to negotiate a no-license situation without evidential proof you are in the right.

Either way, I hope you guys plan on staying in NYC and seeing the city for a bit. Let us know the dates and we'll do a ride. Also note Upjet is holding their rally in June

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

That post actually brings up a good point. We would like to know if anyone would be able to host us or at leas let us use their garage *maybe parts 9 (we should have everything)* It'd be pretty neat.

Attached to this [post is an unrefined route, designed to avoid highways. My phone wouldn't let me select bike route, the car route seems to be more effective and our style. Therefore we will be taking this non-highway car route.

Screenshot2019-02-13at11.59.10AM.png

(edited)

"Bring lawyers, guns and money" :) Have fun with this! My only concern is the legality of it at your age..but it sounds like you have done your research, have a safe trip!

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

a no- license situation will not occur, we are licensed as I have already stated. (edited)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Looks like you'd be coming close to my house near hackettstown, nj. I've got a full moped/scooter workshop. I only have one guest room (for your mom), but you guys are free to pitch tents in my yard. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> a no- license situation will not occur, we are licensed as I have

> already stated.

I'm not saying you don't, but most NYC police officers are going to give you a hard time because they won't believe/understand that you have been issued a moped license, which doesn't exist here.

Hence why I was saying for you to pm me and I could provide you with the statute language to back your statement up.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

That would be great!

Don't assume NY reciprocates Ohio moped law. They have proven they love making money any way they can. Better find out for sure if they allow 14 yr. old licensees on mopeds. `Course you have the van to ride in.

Didn't see Dillon's post above while writing this. (edited)

we got a shop in Lancaster, PA if you need a place to stop

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account