Hi, new here!

vince Coventon /

Hi, I'm new here.

Here's my 'ped, a 1978 Honda NC50 in Parakeet Yellow. I live on a narrowboat and bought it to pootle to the shops now and again. Although it's 40 years old, it's done only 5,000 miles. I'm looking forward to learning from the forum.

https://i.imgur.com/ISAk6t9.jpg

Re: Hi, new here!

Any near misses with it ending up in the drink?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Living on a narrow boat sounds rad

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

You're the second person with a moped on a boat, that I have seen,

Puchsailboat.jpg

woah more on this narrow boat thing! this is like a boat in a european river/canal? how does that work? sounds rad.

how do you get the bike back and forth onto shore? what is the ramp situation?

Narrow boats were used to carry goods on canal supply routes. They were traditionally pulled by horse; the horse being on land, attached to canal boat by rope. The horse would walk along the 'tow path' pulling the boat. Nowadays canal boats are motor driven and used mainly for holidays or to live on.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Narrow boats were used to carry goods on canal supply routes. They were

> traditionally pulled by horse; the horse being on land, attached to

> canal boat by rope. The horse would walk along the 'tow path' pulling

> the boat. Nowadays canal boats are motor driven and used mainly for

> holidays or to live on.

ThAt sounds like the crazy thing ever. Who's idea was that? As I first started reading I thought you would be saying something like the horse would swim with the boat lol

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

its a tax dodge. clever little twit.

In having no official residence they are not liable for council tax. The official word is that they should pay if their boat is their main residence, but in practice only boaters with a permanent mooring – and a permanent address – are expected to pay up. Currently they are within Band A, the lowest band.

video]

[/video]

yeah thats pretty rad, remind me to Air BNB one of them if i ever go to England.

most of our canals in the US got filled in/dried up when trains came along.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yea, I can totally get behind boat living.

It's the moped of housing.

The old tow paths around the canals here in northeast Ohio (some even bits of the old erie) have been converted to bike paths, actually pretty great. Dont think you can boat in em tho or I'd tryn toss my kayak in.

I did trade a moped for my kayak. Only barely RELATED. Anyway autocorrect just capitalized that. Not me. Weird as hell. Welcome to the mopedland

Gotta ask; Have you ever tried to tow your narrow boat with your bike because, you know, for the hell of it?

kevin Smellaflange /

my moby hauls my boat...the side car is a micro

dingy...lol

Welcome Vince! Great setup! I've seen the boats on British T.V. and movies. Yours looks well restored. Mind if I ask how old it is? Cool.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account