E50 no power

I put a E50 together using a 70cc kit for a A35 I had lying around. It idles fine but does not accelerate at all just bogs. Has a mikuni vm20 first jet was a 120 dropped down to a 90 no change dropped to a 60 no change. I moved timing around and still no change. Any help would be appreciated.

DADF43A9-AD05-4981-A5F1-FB8BB3A0D944.jpeg

Re: E50 no power

does it rev on the stand? do reeds look ok?

Targa seat/tank on that korado frame is dope btw

Dirty30 Dillon /

I am going to guess that you have an airleak, combined with poor compression

Chöschi21 C.K. /

This remindes me of something stupid i did, changed the Jetting around a ton and didn't notice any change at all, put the Piston in the wrong way so that it spit out gas into the Exhaust.

if 120 main to 60 main theres no diff. it might just maybe be a clogged atomizer, clean and run some filters.

It revs awesome on the stand. I noticed it smokes quite a bit could a bad oil seal on the clutch side cause that?

Thanks. I didn’t like the way it looked stock and had all the parts in the shed.

Your Vm20 should have a ~145-175 jet in it. 90 is waaaayyy to small. If its acting unusually rich and leaving heavy/thick white smoke it needs an oil seal.

Second upjet. Sounds like lean bog. My vm20 e50 has 170 for the cold season

Checking timing then leave it!

Is the piston correctly installed?

Try a new spark plug

Flue delivery

Kill switch wire short

Carb dirty

Huge fucking air leak

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

if it doesnt have any power have you tried plugging it in

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account