Improvising to get through a rally!

Chöschi21 C.K. /

1 2/3 Years ago i rode in a rally starting around were i lived with my Maxi.

Because i wasn't officially in the rally i started when everybody already started(Before anybody asks why i did that, i didn't want to pay for an overpriced ticket just for a sausage, a drink and a starting number).

I had a little bit of bad luck and after about 5km my Carb clogged up, no big deal, took it apart and wanted to clean the Jets, i lost the main Jet and because i was behind everybody obviously no one could save me with some jets.

I had to improvise.

Because i was still running a bored out Bing 18/10/… Carb (wich instead of restricting the Air entering it ads Fuel when you use the Choke) i just stuck some Tape into the Jet nozzle and ran 3-4 Hours, constantly adjusting the Mixture with my hand-choke and even keeping up with the Pack after i could catch up.

Re: Improvising to get through a rally!

Yeah,that hand choke can be a good friend,on a moped or a carbureted car. I got thru a horrible rainstorm where other cars were drowning out, on a trip to my GrandPa's funeral, by working the choke so the water wasn't pulled into the air cleaner.

The beloved/despised Gurtner is the same, chokes adds fuel, not cut off air.

Yeah, I like the actual CHOKE operation,not the ENRICHENER.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Paying for the cheap sausage, beer, a d starting number also pays for all the pre and post rally hard work and helps insure there's more rallies.

Off topic, but having organized, hosted, and attended rallies, I couldn't really stand by anyone who's not willing to support the community while enjoying the perks.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Paying for the cheap sausage, beer, a d starting number also pays for

> all the pre and post rally hard work and helps insure there's more

> rallies.

>

> Off topic, but having organized, hosted, and attended rallies, I

> couldn't really stand by anyone who's not willing to support the

> community while enjoying the perks.

Truth.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Paying for the cheap sausage, beer, a d starting number also pays for

> all the pre and post rally hard work and helps insure there's more

> rallies.

>

> Off topic, but having organized, hosted, and attended rallies, I

> couldn't really stand by anyone who's not willing to support the

> community while enjoying the perks.

This

Yeah, a rider should pay. Freeloading is only for the POOR rider.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Okay, to clarify: i am not willing to pay for a badly organized Rally. 9 Years ago it seems that it was a great idea, now it's just a comercial gig, the rally was organized badly, there weren't enough places to camp/stay for the ~1000 People who bought Tickets for this event, there were 4 dates where you could buy tickets, 250 at each date, at the first date the year before you weren't even able to buy those tickets.

You aren't alowed to take your own Pictures or Videos, camping fees are over the moon and sanitary facilitys are no where to be found. I am not even going to start with the Police Checkpoints they had last Year...

All in all i am Happy to pay for a nicely organized Rally, but not for a comercial shit show like that. There are are better Rallys where you get a lot more for your Money: Cooking Fellows, Töfflitour Chur-Ascona, 2 Takt Challenge, Rock the Frog, Appenzeller Schnäpper Tour and so may more.

Andrew Squiggman /

Don Ohio says you are a bad person.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I saw robk fix a Reedblock on the side of the road@mopedlar's ride with a Swiss army knife and a discount card.

Replaced a broken sark plug boot by clamping a gnawed off loose end of the wire under the little screw on nipple on the end of the plug.

Coil fell off, had to ride one foot on the coil holding it to the frame

popped a tire Friday night, after waking up literally in a dumpster, snagged a Walmart 20"BMX tube the next morning to make the Saturday ride

definitely many rides w/ somebody pulling on a loose wire when the throttle cable broke

And many more with a dead bike riding under the power of some friend's foot planted on my back

I've rarely finished a ride with everyone. but getting lost with a small minipack is tons of fun too

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I saw robk fix a Reedblock on the side of the road@mopedlar's ride with

> a Swiss army knife and a discount card.

Rob is great at fixing peds on the fly, but it was Chris of MWH who actually diagnosed and fixed that broken reed in the Hot Dog Johnnys parking lot. It was truly a Mcgyver moment. (edited)

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> > ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I saw robk fix a Reedblock on the side of the road@mopedlar's ride

> with

>

> > a Swiss army knife and a discount card.

>

> Rob is great at fixing peds on the fly, but it was Chris of MWH who

> actually diagnosed and fixed that broken reed in the Hot Dog Johnnys

> parking lot. It was truly a Mcgyver moment.

Chris always knew a lot about mopeds. Got some kits and pipes and he did some machine work for me. I'm no machinist. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account