Need ideas/parts

Alex Hedrick /

Trying to get the pedal chain to line up on my jawa supreme 3 and e50 bolted to it.. the drive chain is straight and good.. but I went to put the sprockets on for pedals and I get this..

It's about an inch off..

Now I'm thinking of wider hubs to get the rear pedal sprocket where I need it, but keeping my drive side straight..

Or just making some kind of spacer to put between the rear drive sprocket and hub to kick it over at least a half inch and I can take about a half inch off the swingarm.. it should line up then.. maybe??

20190206_164553.jpg
20190206_164610.jpg
20190206_165338.jpg

Re: Need ideas/parts

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Where's your freewheel?

Alex Hedrick /

I have its I just didnt thread it on..

I bet you could get a multi speed bike freewheel, take off all the cogs except for the one you want and add a bunch of spacers or just weld the cog to the body.

Alex Hedrick /

That's not a terrible idea!! Only thing.. is it possible to get a multi speed freewheel with the right thread?

I honestly really like this one.. it's a cheap solution to this problem.

I was thinking about just pulling the trigger on treats 5 star mags with removable hubs party pack.. the rear hub looks like its wider then what I have now (90.5mm) and it just might put the freewheel where i need it (still need to shave some off of the swingarm) but that's ok!

Anyone know the width of that hub?!

Screenshot_20190209-134137_Chrome.jpg

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Those won't help you, they aren't all that much wider than the Stock Spoke wheels, it just looks like it because the Hubs are thinner.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

dished sprocket

Louis Brunskill /

Even if those rims don't help with the sprocket much, They are still real nice and prolly better then spokes, and look great! so heck, If ya got the $ and the bike is all tricked out,, as it is,, DO IT!!

^Nothing like spending money on moped stuff, you'll like them better.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account