New to forum after buying garelli

Scott Hargreaves /
21F2BAE0-8FBE-4DBA-9FCF-DC350387F567.jpeg

Hi,

I am new here as I have just purchased a 1972 Garelli Gran Turismo Junior.I am hoping to restore the bike to its former glory.It was a non runner when I collected it but had it running within half an hour then lights operating shortly after.Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Re: New to forum after buying garelli

That'll be a nice bike when you get it running, but it is not a moped.

Mike

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's a REALLY cool bike, and is a moped in many European countries.

You'll be hard-pressed to find much info on the US side as we never got these brought over.

I was just looking at these online when I was checking out some Fizzys, good buy since it was easily made a runner. You could find a Euro forum dedicated to these or similar shifty bikes for more advice, besides that I'd run it till it breaks. It looks good all original as is, maybe find a seat or recover it at most

Scott Hargreaves /

Thanks guys,

I will look at the European forums.

I was planning a full restoration but I will run over the summer and take it from there.

Scott

also the general troubleshooting is all totally valid, and to be fair most advice is applicable too. It's a 50cc 2 stroke, all tuning and advice to be given can apply. if you got questions, as k em away! wrst is someone says "uhh I dunno" but I'd be surprised if there's a better forum at least for general topics.

https://mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred%27s_Guide

Fred's guide is fantastic troubleshooting guide.

kevin Smellaflange /

Rebel mob...in Canada would be your best bet...

he has a You-Tube channel

secret underground moped lair

kevin Smellaflange /

i would clean out that tank with some white vinegar...

and coat the inside...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account