Uber eats delivery on a moped.

stupid idea or a brilliant way to get paid to ride around all day?

Re: Uber eats delivery on a moped.

Great idea. You can make $200 in a day if you go hard. I'm thinking about getting a scooter as backup for spring.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Defintiely worth buying a scooter for this. Besides for the fact that you can haul alot more on a scooter, it sucks to beat up a vintage bike using it as a delivery vehicle.

I did postmates delivery on a raddy ol’ Tomos I had in philly and it was pretty great. Til’ someone ordered a fountain drink once, that wasn’t fun.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Emmett MOPITT Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I did postmates delivery on a raddy ol’ Tomos I had in philly and it was

> pretty great. Til’ someone ordered a fountain drink once, that wasn’t

> fun.

Lol......time to get some gyroscopically stabilized cupholders for your moped

Pop about 4 cup holders on you handle bars!

If you carry the drinks sort of low spillage isn't a problem unless you drop the bike or something. On a moped I guess that'd mean low panniers or maybe something on the stepthrough. I've carried fountain drinks in a scooter bucket many times with no problem.

Ideal modern would be a TGB Delivery 50. Zippy two stroke with a giant heated box on the back.

Probably would’ve worked better if I was running more the just a front brake too lol

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Defintiely worth buying a scooter for this. Besides for the fact that

> you can haul alot more on a scooter, it sucks to beat up a vintage bike

> using it as a delivery vehicle.

I was thinking a shitty hobbit with a cheap pipe and a milk crate basket. That would be fun.

Put a bit bigger box on the back and run pizza delivery .

Way back I ran pizzas for Domino's and made some nice change .

there was a dude who'd deliver drugs and burritos on a maxi

and for a while this burger spot had a ruined Chinese scooter with no exhaust and you could hear that dude come and go for miles.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> there was a dude who'd deliver drugs and burritos on a maxi

>

> and for a while this burger spot had a ruined Chinese scooter with no

> exhaust and you could hear that dude come and go for miles.

Man, I bet all the local stoners went all Pavlov’s dogs whenever someone fired up a lawn mower.

I did postmates on a Murray with no front fender for a few months. Melted a hole in my hot/cold bag with the cylinder fins. Carried sodas in paper cups in my backpack.

My advice: get a scoot with a nice pet carrier/under seat storage

Express SR is great for this tho

I'm not sure, but I think postmates is the only one that will let you deliver with a vehicle that isn't a car

> Sodom Hussanal Wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think postmates is the only one that will let you

> deliver with a vehicle that isn't a car

I was “riding a bicycle” whether I was riding a moped or driving my corolla

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

When i was between office jobs, I ran deliveries with Caviar for a while on a DS-50. Had one of the bicycle delivery giant cube backpack things. It was pretty nice. you could fit smaller pizzas in that thing.

IMG_3190_1024x10242x.jpg

If you really stick to it in a busy area, you can make a good bit of money. They have recently changed their pay structure so idk now. But back then, Base pay was almost always ~10 dollars a run and if you were nice and fast (which you are because moped), you get a tip. Caviar was nice because it was fancier food, and since it was fancier food, people are inherently prone to tipping.

I usually just got cold, and went back to the shop to drink beer like the sack of shit i am.

I remember fucking around at Motobravo a buncha times when they were setting up the delivery scooters. Looked like these:

I think it was "fresh direct"? some salads or something.

but nobody'd want to do it in the winter or rainy days and it's cheaper to let people drive their own cars (and incur their own maintenance fees, pay their own insurance, and fill their own tanks) so I dunno if that's still a thing

Always wanted one. it's like a whole car trunk. you could fit a person in there

The company with those salad delivery scooters was called "dressed" but I always got it mixed up and called them "tossed"

It certainly would make a lot of sense in an urban area where you only had a 2 or 3 mile range. I'd have the boss sell them 2 liters rather than cups of soda, too much work.

I'd be concerned about driving around after midnight when the drunks come out. And I certainly wouldn't do it on my own 40 year old 'ped, unless I had 8 others just like it, ahem.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I remember fucking around at Motobravo a buncha times when they were

> setting up the delivery scooters. Looked like these:

>

> https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/pizza-delivery-scooters-11486635.jpg

>

> I think it was "fresh direct"? some salads or something.

>

> but nobody'd want to do it in the winter or rainy days and it's cheaper

> to let people drive their own cars (and incur their own maintenance

> fees, pay their own insurance, and fill their own tanks) so I dunno if

> that's still a thing

>

> Always wanted one. it's like a whole car trunk. you could fit a person

> in there

Those are the TGB Deliveries in the picture. I had one that the box was gone from. They have a 14” front and 12” back wheel and a stretched frame compared to other models. That little button on the center of the headset cowl under the gauges is for the heater arrangement, kind of neat. They’ve also got locking sidestands on both sides as the center stand doesn’t really work with the excess weight in the back.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Who is Uber and what delivery did he eat on what moped?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account