Bing on a honda nu50

Anonymous User /
rorybee

Any one ever ran a bing on a honda nu50. Had to get creative but I rigged one up. Been upjetting and upjetting. Seems like She wants more air. I'm at a 74 jet idling alright for a minute or 2 with mixture screw all the way in no air filter. Finding spark on this thing suckedddd

15486543017465231377754673826927.jpg

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Yeah. Running a 15 on mine . Forever lean at idle but i found other issues. Oil injection pump for instance. Seal falls off the shaft creating a case leak. Ditch it and plug the hole. Might run better. Head leak atm will report back.

Setup:

Mlm pipe

Kstar 60 kit

Boysen dual stage reeds

New crankshaft seals

15bing clone w/2.22 atomizer and 85 main needle in the middle

Home made bing flange adapter (bar stock bored with a 9/16 socket pressed in and tigged)

FB_IMG_1548688772482.jpg

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Captain Janeway /

> Mike Mills Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah. Running a 15 on mine . Forever lean at idle but i found other

> issues. Oil injection pump for instance. Seal falls off the shaft

> creating a case leak. Ditch it and plug the hole. Might run better. Head

> leak atm will report back.

>

> Setup:

>

> Mlm pipe

>

> Kstar 60 kit

>

> Boysen dual stage reeds

>

> New crankshaft seals

>

> 15bing clone w/2.22 atomizer and 85 main needle in the middle

>

> Home made bing flange adapter (bar stock bored with a 9/16 socket

> pressed in and tigged)

Like the intake. what did you use as an air box on this one?

Had an intake put together for an SHA that faced back like this one. It was so tight all that could fit was the SHA airbox which is so loud it leaves you with ringing ears.

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Just a screen atm (toyota tacoma oil pump pickup tube). I know what you mean. The stock airbox would be ideal. Id like to make it work.

c5638d31c092f3545ff42059fb854c3e9d31396f.jpg

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Also im assuming you capped the manifold vacuum port on the intake?

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I like the socket intake but im confused why you didnt use a deep sock, then chopped off the section with the engraving. Seems to me the engraving on the clamp area would allow for air leaks.

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I like the socket intake but im confused why you didnt use a deep sock,

> then chopped off the section with the engraving. Seems to me the

> engraving on the clamp area would allow for air leaks.

Maybe the engraving affords a better hold ?

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

The carburetor is not meant to seal via the clamp surface, rather at the face inside the carb abutting the end of the socket. The end is very flat and seats against an o-ring.

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Anonymous User /
rorybee

think im having that problem you mentioned above with the oil injector pump. this bike is smoking a shitload and stinks bad. oil injector is still running thru my throttle cable, mind fillin me in on how you plugged it up

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

I used a gurtner (motobecane) carburetor float. Coated in moto seal and gently pressed it in. Its not ideal. Treats sells an alluminum plug for it.

20190126_180712.jpg
20190126_173209.jpg

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Anonymous User /
rorybee

lol damn u went inn i got some gurtners layin around too :-0

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

At some point ill cut a piece of alluminum to fit it but in the mean time.... that silly float fits real nice and it makes people uncomfortable......

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

> Mike Mills Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> At some point ill cut a piece of alluminum to fit it but in the mean

> time.... that silly float fits real nice and it makes people

> uncomfortable......

It's a perfect fit . No need to waste time making something else . ;)

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Though it does fit well i have a couple concerns as far as longevity. The float is plastic and not designed to take a lot of heat. Also being plastic, it may have a different rate of expansion which may cause it to come loose. Lastly the needle though airtight at the moment could free up and leak followed by worst case scenario (however unlikely) of needle falling into the bottom end. Ideally the plug should be the same material as the case to prevent heat expansion issues.

It is a temporary measure

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

7/8 inch expansion plug from auto parts store works, but needs to be tightened every so often. treats sells the mlm aluminum one but the one review said it pops out, they should make a bracket to hold it in place that uses the oil pump bolt hole. another option is cut the pump shaft off where the gear rides the crank, but i like having the whole thing gone for easier carb removal.

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

A peice of spring steel or even just scrap sheet metal with a couple holes drilled in it could easily bolt to the factory bracket and hold that plug down. Maybe I ought to whip up a stack of em and mail em to treats.

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

Expansion plug is the whip.

Also the intake in the first post is wayyyyy too long

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Expansion plug is the whip.

>

> Also the intake in the first post is wayyyyy too long

^^

Totes agree with Tetro on the first intake. BUT that adapter plate with the socket is pretty sweet nice creativity!

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Expansion plug is the whip.

>

> >

>

> > Also the intake in the first post is wayyyyy too long

>

> ^^

>

> Totes agree with Tetro on the first intake. BUT that adapter plate with

> the socket is pretty sweet nice creativity!

Doubling down on the socket praise. Never thought of that, but I guess I always have handle bar to hack up

Re: Bing on a honda nu50

> > > alex . Wrote:

>

>

> I always have handle bar to hack up

using handlebars for steering is for wimps anyway. I read that.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account