Re: Bye Bike in USA

^truth^

Also saw this guy in Spain on one, he seems to be liking it!

77E8880F-1EA7-4F48-9DD6-E2E89B09166B.jpeg

Wonder whats up with the one for sale in chicago? Saw it on FB marketplace the other day. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/497283420994618/

Looks like Darren from this thread got tired of it and is selling it. That looks like the exact same bike.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Stop Pobresa

Hi Barcelona!

Re: Bye Bike in USA with Shinko Sr21 dual sport tires

Darren Jackson /

Darren Jackson /

That's my bike....nothing is wrong I decided to keep it.

classic carl jepsen /

Most people aren't looking for quality,, the cheaper the better. Use it and abuse it,, get a few uses from it and buy a new one.

I don't see why mopeds would improve much, because most people don't want to pay for much more than the junk they get today.

bumppppp. Are there any updates on this?

Serious mang. What’s the up yo?

19PHBG / Technigas pipe / 47 kit - ripper for sure. I am going through heat cycles and breaking it in so no top speed yet. Definitely fun to ride a new bike. I will report back after I put some more miles on it. Plan is to run it for Baker's as well. Good test.

IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg

no groms no blasters /

it's almost, like, too shiny and curvy

Beautiful bike

Terbo Speghetti /

I love the "tech for fun" badge lol.

So when can I buy one?

davide valli /

hi, were can I buy it ?

> Gator San Juan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 19PHBG / Technigas pipe / 47 kit - ripper for sure. I am going through

> heat cycles and breaking it in so no top speed yet. Definitely fun to

> ride a new bike. I will report back after I put some more miles on it.

> Plan is to run it for Baker's as well. Good test.

Sounds like it's doing real well at Baker's!

Still hoping these bikes hit the US market soon; I'd LOVE to buy one. Has anyone heard from the fine folks at DOS regarding this?

Terbo Speghetti /

I'm curious too, but my guess is that it has to do with shipping costs right now. It's super pricey to move anything across an ocean rn, the big boys are prob snapping up all the space in containers.

Prob would eat into what I'm guessing is an already narrow margin for them.

yea the bye bike looks like its crushing, their late time in bakers is mostly from trying to help their other derbi back up on day 1

What Will said…Plus Dingus and a dog.

05747AF6-AB7B-4C8B-9762-3FB4FD33CA5D.png

Glad to hear it.

I wanna buy one!

In Germany byebikes are for sale now.

It's a newer "retro" model with round headlight.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/rieju-byebike-bye-bike-one-hobby-derbi-variant/1744975688-305-8236

The ad says that it's the last delivery they're ever going to get. It's pretty hard to imagine a two-stroke fossil fuel moped having much of a future in a continent that is basically banning internal combustion engines. No reason for anyone to get upset about it. it's going to happen. I think we can all keep as many mopeds as we want as long as they dont produce any carbon dioxide. Haha. But I looked over all 16 pictures in the ad and Ive got to say that's a pretty nice looking moped. I do hope that at some point a simple electric motor that will be a bolt on replacement for a variety of two stroke moped motors can be produced for any of a variety of CVT tranny mopeds of yesteryear. It's going to be amazing to be able to ditch the two-stroke engine mount the E engine and tank battery replicas of gasoline tanks. In all seriousness that is the way. Don't hate me over this I love my mopeds I love the smell of two stroke fuel in the morning burning. But unfortunately when it hits 117° in Western Canadian provinces I sort of I'm hearing the fire alarm go off Earth we have a problem. Now for some of you non-believers hopefully the orange buffoon will return and bring a pound a new period of American exceptionalism where we can reduce our fuel standards and burn as much of anything that we want and get rid of all government and all standards and don't worry about anything else because God will take care of us but in the event that doesn't happen I think we need to figure out how to do what I just pointed out at the beginning of this little diatribe.

no groms no blasters /

The world is fucking ending anyway

We committed to death decades ago. There's no way out. They'll be selling us oil by the tanker load as the tides claim the last Emirati wells.

I just want to get a fucking Bye Bike before I starve to death in a heat famine.

I feel like a battery pack that fits into existing engine mounts and a powered rear hub is more likely

i just converted a sebring, its a bolt in engine and battery in tank, needs a lot of refining but that lets you keep the stock wheels which is preferable

I just got schwabby 29 * 1.6 smooth tread gravel tires that are going on a wheel set I'm building for my commencal meta power to occasionally use it for a road ride. I actually was at a bike dealer today and tried out one of their level three e-bikes that have a top speed of 28 mph. Super super harsh ride I mean it was misery I wouldn't want to ride that bike very far I think they told me 80 psi was in the tires and he thinks that he can get 50 miles on a charge. That kind of range on a moped is only reasonable if it's one of my mopeds where I'm concerned about getting on these overcrowded roads for more than 50 miles. I would think that the optimum moped would have at least a 100 mile range and this is a big and you can recharge it at like a Tesla spot or anywhere that you can recharge things because otherwise you have to carry the recharger for the moped batteries on the moped which is just another pile of stuff to carry around so the key would be to have some sort of ability to charge these things where people recharge their cars. I think any classic moped is going to ride way better than a lot of these e-bikes that are around. Especially a Magnum with their hydro shocks or a variety of other rides like my grande I think those are really ideal for conversion.

I messaged the manufacturer awhile back (US branch) and they said it would be at least a year when they could regularly import them themselves. Hopefully DOS can get some over sooner than that

Every time this thread is bumped I am filled with excitement. They'll be available some day, I hope!

Blake MD No PM Plz /

The distributor you likely talked to is the hard enduro line. That's about it.

Bye Bike is 50 state EPA approved and DOT compliant. Which is great!

Production is complicated though for 2 reasons. 1- COVID shuttered all manufacturing across the EU for quite some time. 2- Euro 5 standards mean these bikes are no longer legal in their largest market so Dos has to eat the entirety of production cost. As you can imagine, that sucks.

We're working on it I promise.

Blake MD No PM Plz /

That said, we are still having a lot of fun with our friends in Spain.

IMG-20210715-WA0000.jpg

Yeah, that was them. Figured it was worth asking. They definitely said it was low priority haha

Thanks for the hard work on making it happen!

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The distributor you likely talked to is the hard enduro line. That's

> about it.

>

> Bye Bike is 50 state EPA approved and DOT compliant. Which is great!

>

> Production is complicated though for 2 reasons. 1- COVID shuttered all

> manufacturing across the EU for quite some time. 2- Euro 5 standards

> mean these bikes are no longer legal in their largest market so Dos has

> to eat the entirety of production cost. As you can imagine, that sucks.

>

> We're working on it I promise.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account