Bye Bike in USA

Hi!

I've gotten a lot of emails in the past 72 hours inquiring about the Rieju Bye Bike coming to USA. The answer is yes, it is in the works.

Dos Cycles has been developing, with the help of Rieju, a version of the bike that can pass EPA standards for the past 2 years. There have been changes to every part of the engine to produce a bike capable of passing.

There are no other companies in the USA that are working with Rieju to bring this bike to market. Any claims to the contrary are false.

More news soon.

20190121_155809.jpg

Re: Bye Bike in USA

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

following for cigarette lighter potential

Chöschi21 C.K. /

These are shit looking Bikes, but they are quite fun, and we have a little racing team/family that put these cylinders on their 50ccc class Puchs i believe.

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> following for cigarette lighter potential

They have the plug for it. It will also handily charge a phone for GPS use. Works great!

Although i haven't ridden one yet i believe these are good like most Rieju bikes and they are basically Derbi clones. (Is the engine the same?)

It's always good when new mopeds get imported to the states, it helps European manufacturers produce more and better mopeds.

sent u a sponsor me video but never heard back(edited)

That a scooter? I see no pedals...

Bye Bikes are made available with and with out pedals. The models we have been testing for EPA conformity are with pedals. Though the pedals can't be used to start the bike as there is no starter clutch. You can use the electric start or forward kickstart for that.

The overall design is very similar to the late model Revolutions. Engine wise, they are only similar in concept. No part from a Derbi Variant engine will fit these engines. Aftermarket parts are starting to appear though.

> Max LGN Wrote:

> sent u a sponsor me video but never heard back

Come visit sometime. The rear rack is a modular design. I'll weld up a peg set and you can go nuts.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Good People selling Good Bikes.

Bye Bikes are the moped of the present, here's hoping they make it through speedily.

Can’t wait to blow past the new tomos on one of these .

so rad! congrats and good luck!

Fucking sweet.

Is it too early to ask what the price range will be like? Good work thanks for creating more options for the community

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

>

>

> Dos Cycles has been developing, with the help of Rieju, a version of the

> bike that can pass EPA standards for the past 2 years. There have been

> changes to every part of the engine to produce a bike capable of

> passing.

>

What changes to the motor are you doing exactly to pass EPA requirements? What are those requirements, anyway?

Looks like they are made in the technigas factory i wonder if they will make aftermarket exhaust for them, bye bikes that are available in spain have a 12mm phva im sure a slight upgrade and a pipe will make these bikes run very well

> jonny 5ive Wrote:

> Is it too early to ask what the price range will be like? Good work

> thanks for creating more options for the community

There are still some factors to be determined. Also, final pricing will be determined by the dealers but they will be competitive in pricing with comparable options. Low to mid 2k is our target.

> Dmitry K. Wrote:

> > Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Dos Cycles has been developing, with the help of Rieju, a version of

> the

>

> > bike that can pass EPA standards for the past 2 years. There have been

>

> > changes to every part of the engine to produce a bike capable of

>

> > passing.

>

> >

>

> What changes to the motor are you doing exactly to pass EPA

> requirements? What are those requirements, anyway?

Unfortunately I can't be specific on this. I can say that port shape and timing has been altered. Exhaust has been redesigned a dozen times. The carburetor itself is different. Basically, anything that can alter the total emission output has been modified to better conform.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> These are shit looking Bikes, but they are quite fun, and we have a

> little racing team/family that put these cylinders on their 50ccc class

> Puchs i believe.

There are also new models with a round headlight which looks much nicer. (Bybike Hobby)

IMG_0576.jpg

take my money...give me pedals or give me war....

Jerrod Mindykowski /

Siiiiiiick. Definitely will be buying one of these. I’ll be saving now. Is there a timeline on when you’re hoping to get these bikes in the states?

this will 100% happen in the near future

> > Max LGN Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > sent u a sponsor me video but never heard back

>

> Come visit sometime. The rear rack is a modular design. I'll weld up a

> peg set and you can go nuts.

Looks exactly like a revo.

Sweet!

So no variant parts will fit a bye bike, what do you mean? Like will we have to file nubs to put an airsal on it or what are talking about here? The bye bike hobby is so cool.

Front forks look light duty to me. Hope I'm wrong. Nice to see mopeds available new.

The photo above maybe isn't the best representation. They're 27mm diameter hydraulic forks so pretty stout.

I installed a Derbi kit on one. It required cutting the skirt, swapping pistons, cutting the piston skirt. The stud pattern is the same at least. But you don't have to do any of that because there is a 47mm kit already on the market and it rips.

The intake is a Tomos/Polini style pattern and will accept a 19mm PHBG which also mates up to the factory air box.

Holy shit! I cant wait!

Financing through PayPal I would assume?

Im buying one Regardless!

Performance parts will come, or might already be available to an extent, or if they are a tad neutered here, I bet we could track down stock cylinders for the European counterparts, from watching videos on their website it looks like the bikes have a PHVA carb and a stock expansion chamber? But they dont have to pass our EPA...

How about Variators? that plus a pipe is all a bike like this would need I'd assume?

The come factory with a Top variator but Malossi also offers one.

Excited to see them IRL. Dual variated chain driven mopeds for the masses!

> The come factory with a Top variator but Malossi also offers one.

Very cool!