Tomos jammer clutch or kevlar relined shoes ???

Just wondering what way to go any feed back !

IMG_20171026_124310.jpg

Re: Tomos jammer clutch or kevlar relined shoes ???

What are you asking here?

Treatland has got me so angry right now about the puch treats clutch. They fucking are trying to make you buy an entirely new clutch! I only need the pads and why the fuck do they cost half the price of the entire clutch.

Don’t but aftermarket clutch’s unless you have a source for cheap and endless spare parts. I’m using my stock clutch and it works just as good if not better then the treats. My treats clutch I paid over $120 dollars is just sitting because I can’t find replacement shoes! There must be more guys in the same situation

I dont think they're in the market of helping you fix your mistakes, they sell moped parts and they would have to disassemble a complete clutch to get you your shoes. Leaving them with a pile of parts that aren't super hot indivudualy. Just buy the new improved version and stop crying. If you're so set on keeping your old one why not clean em up real good and try your hand at jb welding some new material on there. Or send them to a place that lines brake shoes, just some food for thought.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I dont think they're in the market of helping you fix your mistakes,

> they sell moped parts and they would have to disassemble a complete

> clutch to get you your shoes. Leaving them with a pile of parts that

> aren't super hot indivudualy. Just buy the new improved version and stop

> crying. If you're so set on keeping your old one why not clean em up

> real good and try your hand at jb welding some new material on there. Or

> send them to a place that lines brake shoes, just some food for thought.

I just thinks its going to push people away from buying something they get locked into. I didn’t know destroying shoes was a mistake. They should have extra shoes instock not just a one time thing and they should be a reasonable price. The new improved model doesn’t use different shoes.

Unfortunately it looks like that would be the direction I’m going but to be true after all that work i’Ll just buy a ktm clutch.

I’m crying because my moped doesn’t move forward and treatsland won’t sell me individual pads....the world is over no (edited)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

How did you destroy the shoes? In my experience, the jammer clutches ive used are super robust. Iv'e put over 2,000 miles on my tomos jammer on a pretty strong/slippy setup, and the shoes look brand new still.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

http://www.jwpartsplus.com/jw-clutch-worx.html

These guys actually have the treat/trick metric clutch listed on their page for relining. $58 is probably less than the shoes from treats and it is probably an excellent job.

I tried relining mine for garelli and they just failed a lot. I was probably doing it wrong idk. I bought the new shoes from the 6.3 clutches and they also got pretty chewed up.

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> We had these made and have had excellent results.

WOAH! that is huge.

ive had really good luck with stock clutches using the friction material

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> We had these made and have had excellent results.

Those DOS Tomos ones are the shit. Super nice. Jammmer clutch is rad too. We have an earlier Jammer on an A55 and it is still going strong.

If your need shoes re-lined get them re-lined. Treats does everything in their power to help with customer service. If they can’t do it, they can’t do it. With out the very few moped parts providers we have stateside you would be struggling to get anything. Clutches are a ware item. It is like complaining your 60,000 mi brake pads wore out in 30,000mi caus you were riding your brakes.......2,000mi, 200mi, or 20mi it all depends on the bike and running conditions.

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> Treatland has got me so angry right now about the puch treats clutch.

> They fucking are trying to make you buy an entirely new clutch! I only

> need the pads and why the fuck do they cost half the price of the entire

> clutch.

>

> Don’t but aftermarket clutch’s unless you have a source for cheap and

> endless spare parts. I’m using my stock clutch and it works just as good

> if not better then the treats. My treats clutch I paid over $120 dollars

> is just sitting because I can’t find replacement shoes! There must be

> more guys in the same situation

Check your PM.

You guys with friction material on u r clutches how well does the clutch bell hold up

Treats does sell individual tomos 1st and 2nd gear clutch shoes for $11.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A35-A55-1st-gear-clutch-segment-p/tomos-clutch-segment-1st.htm don't get a jammer clutch if your running a stock pipe, there's no point

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You get a hub from an a35 and slot it to use a3 pads flip the center pin on the shoes opposite so they open toward rotation Reline with vibram rubber run up to 140w gear oil for hilly or blaster for flatlanders. Blaster=1/4 castrol synth atf to 3/4 marvel mystery oil. Use jb weld marine and scuff up the old shoe leaving glue residue on it to the metal use a stone. Layer it thick so the jb is like an under layer. Use an old clutch bell with Pam sprayed in it or use paper. This is so when they need replacement they will start working way too well.

14 years of tinkering...

I had a pile of a3 shoes that were like new.

Whatever Walt used on those very first e50 Trickmetric Hammer clutches needs to be on every moped clutch. I think it's some kevlar material? It's really fibrous and never glazed over. The one on my polini maxi was bought in 2013 and still looks BRAND NEW!!!!! This is like the 4 engine i've used it in. Any other stock 2 or 3 shoe or even these new Jammers would definitely be showing some wear by now. Clutch stall is high too, malossi red springs so it's not like i'm babying it. I just change out atf with royal purple every 500 miles or so . (edited)

Interesting.....

Jonathan Feldman /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> Treatland has got me so angry right now about the puch treats clutch.

> They fucking are trying to make you buy an entirely new clutch! I only

> need the pads and why the fuck do they cost half the price of the entire

> clutch.

>

> Don’t but aftermarket clutch’s unless you have a source for cheap and

> endless spare parts. I’m using my stock clutch and it works just as good

> if not better then the treats. My treats clutch I paid over $120 dollars

> is just sitting because I can’t find replacement shoes! There must be

> more guys in the same situation

Stop whining. Without treats.. we wouldn't be doing half the shit that's going on nowadays. You're a grown man. Start acting like it.

Thanx for the link to re-line my treatmetric jammer!!!! I just took one out that destroyed a bell via metal to metal engagement.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account