Headlight no longer works

Not sure why my headlight is not working. It stopped all of the sudden. I just got a new bulb, same exact one(H3 12V35W). Put it back in the lamp as it was put together before and started the ped. Not getting anything.

I dont have tail lights or signals right mow either so can't really test that either...

What can i do to troubleshoot here? I can send pics, but idk what is helpful...

Re: Headlight no longer works

You could try this solution or possibly this one

Did you jiggle the cord?

If you are using an h3 bulb then you likely do not have a moped, or do not have a stock headlight.

Pushrod Fifty /

First thing I would look for is continuity across the bulb terminals with a multimeter set on Buzz mode. If good, start the bike and check for voltage across the headlight connector. Make sure all of the bulbs are good before running high rpm as the working bulbs could get excess voltage if one is out. And also look for chafed wiring or bad connnections.

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did you jiggle the cord?

Definitely a moped, definitely not stock.

Yea check the connections from the stator to the regulator, I don't remember where the regulator is mounted at on that bike. If you wanted to bring it up to seattle we can sort it out pretty quick I bet. Jordan was planning on making a trip with his motobecane sometime soon.

Have you unplugged the headlight with the motor running and the light switched on, and tested the feed with a volt meter? If you dont have a meter, you could ground yourself to the frame and check the wire with your tongue.

punkrock randy /

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote

If you dont have a

> meter, you could ground yourself to the frame and check the wire with

> your tongue.

LOL! I second Tri-ped Dave suggestion if you don’t have a multimeter. They are invaluable and one of the best troubleshooting tools you could have for your moped. Or anything electrical...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account