Show me your Safari.

20190111_143924.jpg

Bought this about 2 years ago. It was junk. It's still junk but it runs.

Re: Show me your Safari.

Fuggg... Frank, looks good to this newbie...

Here's skip swoops safari, it's maybe my favorite safari. So simple. rode it at the swoops rally last year, at least for the first part. It's got a rad supertrapp exhaust that came off a different toptank V1ks safari he used to have. and the rigid loop tail. so simple and elegant

skipsafari2.JPG
skipsafari1.JPG

This is mine. it's been my daily for the past year, only goes like 25 max, all stock except I cut off the swingarm and made it pivot. like a raven. for the laffs. it looks a lil different from this pic now but not really. bigger tires, black wheels, panther decals on the tank instead of "dumber".

dumber.JPG

Wild, nice clean hard tail. I like the simplicity as well. Light and bike like.

Interesting pivot action. I'll bet you could perk that up and hit 30 something like mine. Mine even has the 20MPH cylinder. I might port a bit more and try for 35. Then again, maybe not...

1977 300MT that I picked up September 2018 from an interesting 30 something woman in Buffalo who also fixed up a black 66 Ford T-Bird and was working on a 62 Rambler wagon.

I paid $350 for the bike and it runs fine. I need a mirror and the correct headlight. Had to swap out the bent handlebar as it felt like I was driving side saddle.

Smart ass that I am, had to include the Beach Boys' "Surfin' Safari" album in the shot. (edited)

20190112_191343.jpg

Frank I mentioned a while back will’s Subframe mod on that bike I’m hoping we get to see it in person some day cuz that’s a pretty cool alteration.

Frank’s safari was butt when he bought it and he’s totally made gold out of nothing as per usual. Excited to see other ppl’s posts. Nudging a Mr. Scouten to post about his big ol safari MT that he got round the Burgh and central PA dating back to The Works Fiasco (blowin kisses to harrison as Sarah MOPITT and I babysit his bowling ball for him)

Safari.jpg

i kinda regret selling this fella.

4 speed with pedals

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Yung Spil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> i kinda regret selling this fella.

>

> 4 speed with pedals

WOW!!! Looks very similar to my cimatti 86, very similar frame, same wheels, 4 speed minarelli, but no pedals

Thanks for the atta boy Alex. Lets open this up to not just the Safari but all peds with this similar frame. Especially the step through. This step through varient speaks to me for some reason. Ok, but those top tanks are definitely cool too. More fuel for thirsty high power engines, hmmm. (edited)

Apparently, it's NOT the year of the Safari...

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

> Yung Spil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> i kinda regret selling this fella.

>

> 4 speed with pedals

I kinda regret not buying that fella. Beautiful dreamlike ped....

Always like the look of these Safari's, too bad you can't get them here.

Starter clutches are garbo, c2, two tanks, mofast pipe

20181004_195457.jpg

Love that Mofast pipe

I Wanna see some pics on here of Nate Wizard’s safari he had for a bit with a ton of dealer add-ons, looks like 5ives is pretty freakin clean too.

The pipe sounds really good, performs well with the c2 up into the 40s quickly. I was told a dealer in Hagerstown MD added the pipe and the wide plush seat, selling them along side trail bikes and other small motos and mopeds. Runs great and is complete and clean but the starter shoes are janky and the og belt is loose. Aftermarket Vespa starter segments fit and are almost exact besides needing to drill out the pin holes and being 85 grams lighter. Tried to liven up the stock segments by deglazing the pads, replacing the missing grommet and bending the tab for it back in place. Hopefully one of those sets and a nos Pirelli belt from DOS will help otherwise I'll need a new plan to start it reliably

I had this one a while back. Bought it in NJ. It must have lived a hard life.

safari.JPG

Bummer, probably won't see mine, I plan on selling it in the spring. just to thin the herd and get focused back on my old sachs.

If anyone wants it, pick it up in Cleveland it's yours for $350. runs great, like really dead reliable but all stock motor. slow. tho as mentioned, super easy to derestrict. Really, I think just the timing adjusted would help a lot, it's got the pietcard and fires really late, like only 10-15° BTDC. but that makes it easy to start and it works so I never mess with it. made a deal with myself that i'd ony dick with it performancewise once everything else worked (of course then I went and cut the whole bottom off cuz I couldn't not do SOMEHING to it...)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

i'm digging the look of that top tank......that rear fender really sets it apart. And i usually dont even like that style.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Rear wheel is rippin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account