License plate for moped?

Hi everyone, I recently got my moped running well and I want to ride it around town. I was wondering what you all do for registration. Does anyone cruise around without a plate?

Re: License plate for moped?

Undoubtably some do, but don't...great way to lose your bike..what state are you in?

Overpriced Parts /

If your in PA you need, license title, plate and insurance to be street legal

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Moped_Laws:_Northeast#Pennsylvania

LIKE HERE IN CALI, I ASSUME IN ANY STATE,through the dmv website YOU CAN CHECK RECORDS ON THE VIN NUMBER OF THE BIKE frame/tag,AND ALSO THE ENGINE , they should match * previous to paying for the reg* so then you'll know.

maybe I dunno jack crap, and maybe I just need to STFU !

shit like a seagull soup2.jpg

Bruce Zapper /

Do you know the history of the moped?

todd amundson /

This is bullshit. I’ve lived in California since 1976 and when the internet came out I tried this. And every year since.

Please walk me through this with the DMV website. I’ve never found anything proving ownership of a moped through the dmv website when providing a vin, a plate number, or engine numbers. I have 15 plated mopeds that can’t be registered without the previous owners address and signature on the change of ownership section of a 230 form. Well I’m guessing 4 of these Mopeds I have are most likely stolen and the rest have changed hands 5 times in 10 years.

If I could find out who are the registered owners of these plated peds via the web, I’d be happier than a queer in a dick tree.

Hey crazy , just across the state line in Ohio. We need plates. Check your DMV website. You'll find the right answer. P.S. moped looks great! (edited)

SEE THE DMV SITE AGAIN, LOOK FOR THE VIN RECORDS CHEcK THING, IF UR NOT SURE ABOUT THE BIKE, OR BIKES, PASt OWNERS , SIGNATURE, YOU CAN SIGN IT URSELF,, JUST AS LONG AS NOBODY HAS REpORTED, ANY OF THE BIKES AS STOLEN, AND THERE ARE NO EXSISTING LEiNS/penalties (fees due) etc. AGAINST SUCH said vehicle, ONCE U REGISTER THE BIKE AS A MOTORISED BYCYCLE, THE REG PAPER/PLATE,, IS PROOF OF YOU BEING NEW LEAGAL OWNER(PINKSLIP/title )

50cc and pedals in cali to be a moped(motorized pedal bike)

move to CT or TN.

punkrock randy /

In Missouri you can get a title for a moped due to abandonment for 2 yrs or more. Just have to get a form from DMV to take to highway patrol hq to verify it isn’t stolen. With that you go through a small process to obtain a title. But in MO we don’t need to do much of anything for <50cc. No ins, no title/registration, not much of shit:) I rock a retro Wyoming plate cause it looks cool. Learn your states laws, abide by them, and carry a printed copy if you really wanna keep it legit

Bruce Zapper /

punkrock randy, count your blessings!

kevin Smellaflange /

it good to check your laws every year....they change like the wind...texas needs titles for girl scout cookies....here in my state, we just need a paper filed out by the last owner, color, date, mileage, republican, smoker/ non smoker...doesn't matter.

but vin does& year& make & date of sale& from whom to who does. and you need to be able to drive something legally, cycle,car,truck or your mom crazy.

Jefferson Bagley /

Busaru has a post on YouTube about getting a Vermont license plate without having a title. It worked for me in Florida.

I have 2/3 of my bikes registered. When I lived in Maryland, the state had a way to get all bikes registered, but they put a deadline on that date? As my DMV read it as, all bikes must be registered before 2010. But I bought my bikes in Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania makes individuals register but the 2/3 registered bikes were used on private property. So I used the Vermont method, but since moving I removed the plates and put them on my wall as decoration till I tour out of the state. My final bike im pretty sure is stolen.... I found the steering lock was empty of the locking slide pin... I am honestly choosing to be ignorant of its past since my current state doesn't require registration.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account