Re: Colfax Killer – Denver, CO – 4/20/2019 - #colfaxkiller420

How about a welded za50 to run a korado cyl? There is a big transfer za in Europe that has a super maxi (korado) cyl, but pretty rare.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

What. Is. The. Call. On. Replacement. Za50. Pucks.

OK.

SO.

FUCK YOUR PINBALL

FUCK YOUR MOPEDGP

FUCK YOUR TAT

THIS IS THE THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM ANY MOPED DBAGS IN YEARS.

HATS OFF BLK BLK. THIS IS RAD AS FUCK(edited)

So porting doesnt count as the one non-stock part? Basically its just one part that's not original, but any mods to original parts arent a demerit? Ported hobbit, notched vario would kill it on the cheaps! Damn, I do wanna do dis. Denver is far.

Such a sick idea

Baron Von Hamilton /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So porting doesnt count as the one non-stock part? Basically its just

> one part that's not original, but any mods to original parts arent a

> demerit? Ported hobbit, notched vario would kill it on the cheaps! Damn,

> I do wanna do dis. Denver is far.

>

> Such a sick idea

Best idea in a long time! Love it!

It’s not really winner take all if you win and you don’t get to keep your bike is it

Excited for everyone to come.

Don’t over think the rules, stock bike with 1 performance part allowed. Keep it simple stupid.

Again, if you think you are cheating you probably are, and if you win your bike will be scrutinized if anyone contests you. If you get caught cheating you get nothing and loose your bike. Show up with “stock” cylinder that no one has ever seen or heard of in the US and you can bet your getting called out.

No case welding, stock cases.

Ok, winner looses one and takes all the others.

Josh Gill donated this... Imma build it and race it, you win it...

IMG_20190112_134838.jpg

Ana L. of the Aurora Roras /

WhAt aBout a 47mph stoCk nopeD FZ50 wIth 35mph FA50 First Gear. Stock pipe, carb, porting. Sounds like a beast man! Whoa is this legaL?!?

Eds Moped Shop - Dead Possums /

Graham,

I'm not aware of anyone using Revo scooty parts in the stock class racing. I won stock class in West and Midwest GPs last year. Derbi, stock cylinder(ported), stock variator, stock clutch w/springs. No one I know is using the Revo stuff in the stock class.

Travis King /

This sounds like a blast to me.

I think the fact that you give up the bike you are building is an ingenious aspect as it motivates people to do things on the cheap, where time is the best thing invested. Knowledge learned over money spent.

That being said, I love the debate of parts and whats allowed in regards to bikes, when the biggest advantage will be familiarity with the route. Knowing the traffic patterns, habit of drivers, how long a light stays red, which cross streets are one way, do the walk signals relate to how soon the light turns red and does that vary from one intersections to another. And those are all just things you can take advantage of while abiding by the rules of the road.

Sure top speed and take off is great, but if you know the above items you can maintain a higher average speed.

Honestly, best advantage goes to the locals, but I am interested none the less.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Eds Moped Shop - Dead Possums Wrote:

> Graham,

>

> I'm not aware of anyone using Revo scooty parts in the stock class

> racing. I won stock class in West and Midwest GPs last year. Derbi,

> stock cylinder(ported), stock variator, stock clutch w/springs. No one I

> know is using the Revo stuff in the stock class.

I can't see why Revo's would be disqualified. But the reality is that no matter what you do you don't get to take home the bike you rode for the race, so why choose something you can't easilt replace.

Dave mazora has that Peugeot spx running a revo top end

> Eds Moped Shop - Dead Possums Wrote:

> Graham,

>

> I'm not aware of anyone using Revo scooty parts in the stock class

> racing. I won stock class in West and Midwest GPs last year. Derbi,

> stock cylinder(ported), stock variator, stock clutch w/springs. No one I

> know is using the Revo stuff in the stock class.

I was only talking about MopedGP racing, where the Revo is not a moped.

And yes, I couldn't imagine anyone bringing something of that caliber to this event.

Sorry Ed, someone told me 'a bunch of those guys were running revo vario and contra last year' ... i dunno if they were talking about you or not, my bad, didn't mean to throw shade.

Travis King /

Daniel, is that a Revo top end or a flatreed top end on Dave's? I thought it was a flatreed. Also if port timings are the same stock on flatreed and revo cylinders, then its not biggy over all.

I just wanna give Dave shit if he got super deep into the grey area on the rules there. I do it to him regularly and he does it back.

As far as scooter varios and contras, they are being used in the variated classes, but not to my knowledge in the stock class.

I think the key rule for the Colfax run is that it has to be parts that were stock to that particular engine/bike. That gives a whole different limitation than the rules in Moped GP. It drives innovations with what came on a specific bike vs innovation in the realm of using stock available parts from any bike. Two different beasts both of which should push some creativity.

In light of the rule for this that it come from that platform bike, would I be allowed to graft a puch points ignition onto a peugeot and rock a simonini circuits. My understanding of the rules is no, as that would be using parts from a different platform and a performance part. Just seeking confirmation.

As Derek already stated: don't over think it... You think you're cheating, you probably are...

Stock is stock... Mix and match whatever you want as long as you're not building chambered stock pipes or tryna graft two motors together, etc...

The idea behind this is to race stock bikes on an equal playing field... Yuns are already tryna to figure out how to pimp the system, bend the rules and find an advantage...

I'm building a bike that will likely lose, because A- we wanna provide something semi rare/unique for someone to win, B- I don't give a shit about owning 30 stock bikes, C- its a community building exercise, just for fun, raise hell and party with all the homies on 4/20 and etc...

I think that everyone talking about bringing revos and whatever else should save it, bring two jawa frames welded together into a tall bike and rip that... Any Trac product is sick, batavus, sachs, etc...

Being able to use one non stock part, i'd say pipe or carb. Whats the preference of you guys?

> Travis King Wrote:

> This sounds like a blast to me.

>

> I think the fact that you give up the bike you are building is an

> ingenious aspect as it motivates people to do things on the cheap, where

> time is the best thing invested. Knowledge learned over money spent.

>

> That being said, I love the debate of parts and whats allowed in regards

> to bikes, when the biggest advantage will be familiarity with the route.

> Knowing the traffic patterns, habit of drivers, how long a light stays

> red, which cross streets are one way, do the walk signals relate to how

> soon the light turns red and does that vary from one intersections to

> another. And those are all just things you can take advantage of while

> abiding by the rules of the road.

>

> Sure top speed and take off is great, but if you know the above items

> you can maintain a higher average speed.

>

> Honestly, best advantage goes to the locals, but I am interested none

> the less.

That's not going to matter what lights? It's going to come down to who gets caught by the cops and who doesnt

Travis King /

Shawn,

I was actually just trying to point out how simple the rule is and posed an example to show how simple the logic is. I love it as I believe I understand it.

Having set up races that range from MopedGP to stupid scavenger races and hide n seek races locally, I've learned that no matter what the goal is, when you attach the possibility of winning to an event, some people will automatically seek exploiting the rules. That's just what you have to deal with when doing an event like this and personally, I always find it entertaining and love seeing what people come up with in terms of examples.

I have every intent on coming out and no intent on winning and like you I want to build something unique for others to see. But if for some reason I did win either the run or the dice, I don't want disqualified because what I thought was a simple and common item was deemed unfair after the fact.

So sorry if its a nuisance to ask for clarifications, that was not at all the goal.

Travis King /

Jason,

I chose my wording carefully, to help you guys avoid any and all potential liability.

Thats why I stated, those are just advantages while abiding by rules of the road.

Edit: I literally wanted to state what you said, Jason, but tried to cover you guys.(edited)

::face palm::

WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF YOU THAT COME.

All choices are your own.(edited)

Not a problem. There are guys running the Revo engine in the variated class. Just not in the stock class.

They started with taking a flatreed engine, machining it to fit the Revo output shaft, and crank, and so on. It was proven that it could be done, so when they rebuilt the engine they just started with the Revo engine. Concept was proven, so no one cares they are starting with the Revo engine now. Annnd they are still being beat by fast 50cc Mobys!

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> WE ARE LIABLE NOT FOR ANY OF YOU THAT COME.

>

> All choices are your own.

Travis King /

Regardless of everything, stoked to see this going down and I intend to be there.

Thanks Shawn and Derek and BLKBLK for putting this on.

This would be a dope way to spend my 420 bday. I wanna come out with or without a bike, may be picking up a cheap Malaguti with an m02 soon. Great idea from one of the best clubs to do it involving an infamous avenue with enough historical value alone to go out and visit.

If you have more then $300 in your moped + performance part you are going about this all wrong.

One of the points of the dice run stops is to force people to stay on Colfax to limit any “local advantage”. It might actually be advantageous to stay on Colfax the entire way, but I heard that might just be hearsay, or not, who know’s, guess we’ll find out.

Will you be posting a route map with the stops marked? That way even non locals can get familiar with the route and where to stop.