Re: Suzuki F50 Cutlass

Tony Fernandez /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My Cutlass looks identical to this one except mirrors and turn lights. It ran great about 10 years ago when it was put into long term storage (I didn't drain the tank but did fog the cylinder). I just pulled it out of the barn to get it running again and the fuel tank was almost dry but it looks like the Mikuni petcock suffered damage probably from ethanol left in the remaining fuel. The filter and copper pick-up tube all but rotted with the plastic crumbling and the copper tube collapsing into green crumbles. The inside of the petcock also as bad with some stuff clogging most ports (normal, reserve, prime). I looked on-line for a rebuild kit but couldn't find anything. There are a couple of people selling the entire petcock but want more than I want to invest into this project. Anyone know where to get a rebuilt kit that would have all the gaskets and seals plus the filter and copper rise tube? Thanks

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account