Puch euro kit exhaust flange size??

Dave Kaminski /

Hey everyone, I bought a puch project bike, I don’t know a ton about them other than what I’ve been able to research. Basically what I have been told I have is an E50 with a brand new eurokit installed. Everything seems to be together cerrectly but the exhaust pipe I have won’t attach because the holes for the two bolts on he flange do not quite align with the holes on the engine. I have included a photo of the gasket so you could more easily see how they are slightly off. Does the euro kit require a different exhaust?

5EAD1797-3625-4597-AC42-79410977D6DD.jpeg

Re: Puch euro kit exhaust flange size??

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Sometimes you need to file the holes in the flange a bit to get them to line up. Sometimes you need to do the same with the exhaust gasket.

Ya I hit them with the dremil

basically welecome to mopeds, nothing fits perfect, id highly recommend finding a local friendly moped person that will show u the ropes in a few hours, whereas it would take months if not years off your life to learn by yourself.

Like just about anything not OEM , you have make them fit .

That's half the fun of old machines . ;)

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I usually make my own flanges. 1/4" min thickness, 5/16" even better. Must fit absolutely perfect, mounting holes included (no rocking), and be dead flat, which is the easiest part. The barrel flange needs to be dead flat, too.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account