Warm weather = warm garage

Jerrod Mindykowski /

E-50 gets here today. I’ve got a new carb, crank, and seals coming next week. Time take off the ZA while the weather is warm enough to work!

569A2ADA-29F5-4D1D-87E2-4D9633B41100.jpeg

Re: Warm weather = warm garage

Why are ya switching to a e-50 instead of the ZA? Just curio

Jerrod Mindykowski /

I was getting what I believe to be the “death rattle”. I know I can get the e-50 rebuilt, and running by spring with the time I have. So the za50 will be on the back burner for awhile. I’ll find another frame I can put it on, and make a nice stock bike. Thinking about using that for moped gp this year, in the stock class.

Jerrod Mindykowski /

Of course trans plug broke. I snapped the clutch cable anyways, and I’m rebuilding so no biggie. I’ll just make a nice plug from left over stock at work. Maybe I’ll tap it, and make a nice threaded plug for it.

BF0FF632-DCC2-4F9E-AD5F-EC22EA0B83FD.jpeg
5DB7A448-9BA1-41BF-8607-10E805AE058E.jpeg
image.jpg

I made a plug for mine from a non-cork wine cork. Works sweet. It's here:

https://mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,4223408

Jerrod Mindykowski /

I run a lathe at work, so I can just whip out a nice one. She’s just sitting on the shelf for now anyways. On another note shout out to Sunday morning motors! Ordered my E-50 on New Years, and he shipped it same day on a holiday. Received it just in time! Even got a 15% off next purchase!

43824F48-E8E2-43F9-98CF-2C8EDAC48346.jpeg

That's a good looking bike!

Jerrod Mindykowski /

Thanks! I’ve definitely made it mine. Few more minor things I want to do aesthetically, but not much.

Jerrod Mindykowski /

Swapping the 35 rear for 45. Cleaning the hubs, and replacing brakes. Sorry I keep bumping this. Will be nice to look back on what I’m doing. I didn’t do much documenting for myself this summer when I started on this bike.

0C322F96-86B6-4D48-A854-98054A09B186.jpeg
F9C925E4-7004-40F3-B7D5-948FBFAC79F6.jpeg

Thanks for continuing to bump this by posting and documenting your Rogers's. It helps others learn too.

Jerrod Mindykowski /

So this summer after I installed my ebrs I noticed they ended up coming loose As I rode. They had forward, and backward slop. I noticed I have this gap on the bottom cup. Doesn’t matter how tight the nut that sets the preload (can’t remember the proper name) is it doesn’t close the gap anymore. I have all the correct hardware being used. Any ideas? (edited)

A7DB62B0-57B8-4877-9F18-BC01936DF850.jpeg

Keep posting your progress and trials .

As for the stem , maybe a drop or two of loctite ?

Those brake shoes look OK to me . Just shoot them with brake cleaner and ruff the contact surfaces . run 'em .

If you don't already have it , here's a parts catalog :

https://vintagemopeds.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/1979-puch-maxi-and-newport-parts-catalog1.pdf

Great tool for seeing what parts are suppose to be where and , of course , numbers and names .

FYI : I grew up in Hudsonville . Way back , we spent a lot of nights 'gathered' at the Rainbow Grill in my teen years . ;)

Jerrod Mindykowski /

That’s kind of the plan. Just wanted to document this. I ended up forgetting the shim on the bottom come, but I put it on, and I still have that gap that is driving me nuts. I’m hoping it won’t come loose this time, but that’s the next step is throwing some blue Loctite on it. I’ve got some other stuff I can peck away at while I wait for my treats. Also, yeah I lived in Grand Rapids, and Comstock Park most my life. We moved to Grandville a few years ago when my wife, an I bought a house. My parents live over in Jenison, so just a rock throw away. Hudsonville is going downhill though. Suburbs popping up everywhere, and taxes are insane over there.

Suburbs popping up everywhere, and taxes are insane

Seems Hudsonville isn't the only place with that claim to fame .

GR metro , actually all of west Michigan , was my 'stomping ground' until my early 20s . College , jobs and girls ... not necessarily in that order . ;)

We lived on Northlawn in NE GR for 17 years before we went full time RVing . That was about 8 years ago . Sold the house 3 years ago as we didn't want to live there anymore .

Jerrod Mindykowski /

You’re not lying! all of metro GR is poppin. In Grandville we’re in a good spot. All the crazy kind happens around us. It’s pretty mellow in our neighborhood thankfully, and taxes aren’t that bad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account