New Person

Steven Evans /

Hello All,

Not sure if Im in the right place but here goes anyway!

I have recently bought a 2016 Peugeot Vogue from France (Im in England), and had it delivered just before Christmas. For some reason this model was never made available in the UK, only in mainland Europe so I had to sort it out using my schoolboy French via email and phone. That was fun!

Anyway, its here now and Ive been on a few test runs and all seems to be fine. Just waiting for the paperwork to be sorted for the UK registration.

Re: New Person

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

You came to the right place.

Those bikes are neat! Its always neat to see mopeds who's models have stuck around and are still in production. (while not exactly the same, i liken it to a Puegot 103, my favorite looking french bike)

Welcome!

Welcome Steven!

Holy wow. i had no idea that these were still in production, let alone without changing the model name!

You are certainly in the right place. we/i would love to see pictures of he bike in detail. i had a vogue years ago and would love to see yours...

I didn't know they still made them, wasn't production moved to India?

They are fun and reliable mopeds.

Dirty30 Dillon /

As far as I know, new Vogue's don't meet EURO2/3 testing. But it would be cool if you could register it.

Steven Evans /

Thank you Brandon.

Thats it. Its only done 100 miles and is just like new. I keep taking it for a run to try and empty the fuel tank as I think it's been stood for a while and Id like to get some 'fresh' fuel into it.

The top box is a huge Peugeot one as you can see! The man I bought it off only used it now and then to go to the market 5km away. He could have fed the 5000 if he filled that with food!

Bike.jpg

Steven Evans /

Oh, thanks for the replies!

I believe they stopped making them in 2017. I checked with Peugeot witht eh VIN number and this one was one of the last ones made in France apparently.

woweee......thats a pretty bike. Those wheels are sweet too.

woah yeah neato!

welcome to the site, most of us are in the US obviously so we love seeing cool euro stuff that we didn't get over here!

that is a neat tidbit of info to know that those were made so late. 2016 should have been euro 2 for motorcycles, which i think is pretty close to the standard that Tomos were having to comply with from 2008-16 or whenever they shut down Hidria and went silent for awhile. It would mean a Cat in the pipe but you can still just barely squeak by with a well tuned carburetor. I wonder if that bike has an SHA or PHVA? Electric choke?

I wonder if they were 'made' in france for tariff reasons, its common practice in the industry to send a bike in disassembled fashion and have final assembly done in another country to avoid tariffs.

Steven Evans /

Couple more pics.

Bike4.jpg
Bike5.jpg

ohh boy. get rid of that scooter storage box doodle....

pretty bike!

Steven Evans /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ohh boy. get rid of that scooter storage box doodle....

>

> pretty bike!

Dont worry! I took it off as soon as it arrived. Those pics were taken in France before it was delivered.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I would ditch that EGR asap too.

Steven Evans /

Just after arrival.

20181223_122509[1].jpg
20181223_122536[1].jpg

Steven Evans /

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> I would ditch that EGR asap too.

What on earth is that please??

> Steven Evans Wrote:

> > Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I would ditch that EGR asap too.

>

> What on earth is that please??

"Exhaust-gas-recirculation"

For emmisions.

Steven Evans /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> > Steven Evans Wrote:

>

>

> > > Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I would ditch that EGR asap too.

>

> >

>

> > What on earth is that please??

>

> "Exhaust-gas-recirculation"

>

> For emmisions.

Oh, thanks.

Why get rid of it? What difference will it make? What does it do? Where is it and what does it look like?

> Steven Evans Wrote:

> > Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

>

> > > Steven Evans Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > I would ditch that EGR asap too.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > What on earth is that please??

>

> >

>

> > "Exhaust-gas-recirculation"

>

> >

>

> > For emmisions.

>

> Oh, thanks.

>

> Why get rid of it? What difference will it make? What does it do? Where

> is it and what does it look like?

Theoretically getting rid of an EGR could help you performance wise if you make the necessary adjustments to the carburetor etc.

Theyre used to help reduce NOx emissions. They send some exhaust gasses back into the cylinder.

Steven Evans /

Oh right. Thanks vey much for the explanation Brandon. Told you I wasn't mechanically minded! :) I think I'll leave it well alone. I'll probably break something.

I had 31mph out of it this morning! What more could a man want?! :)

> Steven Evans Wrote:

> Oh right. Thanks vey much for the explanation Brandon. Told you I

> wasn't mechanically minded! :) I think I'll leave it well alone. I'll

> probably break something.

>

> I had 31mph out of it this morning! What more could a man want?! :)

You have a very nice bike .

I think it wise to leave it as is . It'll likely last a good many years with regular maintenance .

> Steven Evans Wrote:

> Oh right. Thanks vey much for the explanation Brandon. Told you I

> wasn't mechanically minded! :) I think I'll leave it well alone. I'll

> probably break something.

>

> I had 31mph out of it this morning! What more could a man want?! :)

Yeah, 31mph aint bad. If youre happy with that, leave it.

Steven Evans /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> > Steven Evans Wrote:

>

>

> > Oh right. Thanks vey much for the explanation Brandon. Told you I

>

> > wasn't mechanically minded! :) I think I'll leave it well alone. I'll

>

> > probably break something.

>

> >

>

> > I had 31mph out of it this morning! What more could a man want?! :)

>

> Yeah, 31mph aint bad. If youre happy with that, leave it.

Thanks Brandon. I will leave it. That was the idea of buying a newish one, so that I wouldnt have to do anything to it and hopefully have many years out of it. When I was looking to at buying, I saw some of them with 30,000 and 35,000 on the clocks so hopefully it will see me out! I bought it to travel to work on, it's only 2 miles each way so it should see me out anyway.

the big concern with EGR is that a lot of the lower end EGR components from china (hoses, valves, etc.) are sub-par materials which don't hold up to the heat and chemicals involved. pretty common when you're dealing with china scoots and little motos for them to have crazy EGR air leakin action.

i'd leave it alone unless it causes you problems, plus you gotta MOT and all that stuff over there.

Probably Fred /

> Steven Evans Wrote:

> >

> > > I had 31mph out of it this morning! What more could a man want?

> > Yeah, 31mph aint bad. If youre happy with that, leave it.

>

> Thanks Brandon. I will leave it. That was the idea of buying a newish

> one, so that I wouldnt have to do anything to it and hopefully have many

> years out of it. When I was looking to at buying, I saw some of them

> with 30,000 and 35,000 on the clocks so hopefully it will see me out! I

> bought it to travel to work on, it's only 2 miles each way so it should

> see me out anyway.

31 mph is great for a stock bike but as for for engine life if you want to get 30,000 miles out of your engine or most little two stroke bikes you’re going to have to check and maintain the top end by decarbonizing, checking ring gap/replacing rings every 3 to 5,000 miles if out of spec, then a new piston with rings on it around 10,000 miles then just rings @ 15,000mi instead of completely wearing out your top end taking it until it doesn’t run anymore having severe loss of compression and performance!

Doing so will get you a near 20,000 miles with no loss and performance but then a new complete cylinder/ topend probably will need to be done,

If I were you I would buy a complete top end (cylinder, piston and gaskets) now while still available to have as a spare as well as rings with spare piston for first change,

Of course other spares like maybe clutch/Variator parts and belts should be purchased before not available also,

Very nice machine, we didn't get them here, closest they came was Canada. Thanks to the above posters for identifying the egr, I had never seen one on a moped before! Ken makes a good point re: buying spares before they become unavail, grab some light bulbs, and a set or two of brake shoes, a few plugs, maybe a carb kit? That way you never have to wait for parts should you have a break down, close your petcock if not going to ride for a few hrs, if not for a few days or longer, close it and let it idle out of gas, this helps prevent the carb from gumming up, check that egr mess for tightness of all tubes and hoses to prevent air leaks. Have fun, congrats on your new bike!

Steven Evans /

Thanks for all the advice!

Ive seen some of these mopeds on Youtube and they look really easy to start. Press the compressor button, half a turn of the pedals and away they go. This one is seeming to take a few turns before it fires up. Like I said, I think its been stood so hopefully it will get easier. I've changed the plug but that hasn't made any difference.

Are you using the choke? (turning over a few times is not necessarily a bad thing) but my fire up faster with the choke set. In the video's they may have been starting a hot engine. (edited)

Choke or maybe just a fresh spark plug would help!

What kind of carb does this have? If multi-circuit then your starter jet might be gummed up from the old gas.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account