Re: Another Ciao

Here is a bravo from the piaggo mofa freakz Facebook page, I remember seeing a bunch of bikes running springs on the fork tubes like this but I don’t remember where.(edited)

F279ACC2-D4D9-402B-8091-0C703270EEB3.jpeg

Another with a set of springs

8935A05D-ADA9-4FA1-85C8-4EDC6EF3E8EF.jpeg

Hopefully they do some good and not just for looks .

They would stiffen em up but also tear up the boots over time

There are so many Vespa posts all of a sudden. It's amazing. I went on my bravo fork here sort of confusing ciao with bravo posts but again I like the external spring idea in addition to whatever the pathetic vespa internals happen to be. But what specific spring is optimal.for either ciao or bravo.

I had the bike out for the community ride yesterday. The fork springs really helped the feel of the front end, they weren’t too stiff like I was expecting. I was jumping some speed humps and found out I’m a bit too heavy for the stock pedal shaft. It bent pretty good, I’ll have to find something a little stronger to use. The bike is topping out at 42 on flats according my bicycle speedo, but the gps said a top speed of 47 that was probably on one of the long downhill blasts.

92849A0D-E094-4A18-A7EA-20AFF4A5F638.jpeg

That is awesome Joe! Idk how much I trust the pedal assembly either.

I went to start my bike for the first time last night and had a pedal issue too. Snapped the cotter pin and smashed my foot into the ground hard as fuck! Definatly think something in my foot broke.

Sucks to hear about your foot hopefully it heals quick, foot injuries are the worst. Profile Bmx cranks use 4130 for the spindle I may look for a rod made from that and mill the flats for the crank arms. Although I doubt the crank arms are much stronger than the shaft.

Joe: did u find those springs at an Ace hardware ? What section were they in ??

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Joe: did u find those springs at an Ace hardware ? What section were

> they in ??

I got them from Lowe’s they were in the hardware section. I’ll check to see if I still have the package when I get home.

Here’s the package from the springs I used.

B71BF4B5-BE08-4100-B263-202F5A1AFEBF.jpeg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account