Re: Moped of 2018?

Fuck vespa ciao's damn granny mopeds.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Dirty30 Dillon /

It will never be the year of the maxi, just get over it.

Piaggio, or you-can-go

Re: Moped of 2018?

I totally woulda put it at derbi again, people were paying out the butts to get on that derbi train.

One that caught me way offguard was building a garelli ssxl e-moped, and then seeing THREE OTHER E-Moped conversions ALL ON GARELLI SSXL's!! waaaaat

maybe that's a thing for 2019 - electrics. but I think theyre still priced out. and hell I just put a gas motor back on that garelli soo.....

Re: Moped of 2018?

2019: YEAR OF THE CIAO MIX

Re: Moped of 2018?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 2019: YEAR OF THE CIAO MIX

If I was inclined, I would buy the Ciao Mix we have in the shop right now. Such a great lil bike.

Re: Moped of 2018?

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 2019: YEAR OF THE CIAO MIX

Dude.....Theron’s friend Phill bought the Ciao Mix that was on the DOS website. He is in the process of building up the motor now! Thing looks super nice.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 2019: YEAR OF THE CIAO MIX

>

> If I was inclined, I would buy the Ciao Mix we have in the shop right

> now. Such a great lil bike.

Still have the Ciao mix? I thought you sold it already

Re: Moped of 2018?

I would fucking love a mix.

Not hot on their engines, but man that frame looks good. I love those fork tube plastics, such a good look

Re: Moped of 2018?

Ciao

1996D1DA-5A68-4DFB-AA11-075867F7AAE4.jpeg

Re: Moped of 2018?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Fuck vespa ciao's damn granny mopeds.

> Fuck Puch Maxi's damn coward moped

FTFY

Re: Moped of 2018?

we all know that every year since 1976 has been the year of the maxi, everyone else is just battling for 2nd.

the only reason ciao cult protesteth so much is cause ya skurt that you might find out you like not having a sore ass.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It will never be the year of the maxi, just get over it.

>

> Piaggio, or you-can-go

Re: Moped of 2018?

I like ciaos a lot, theyre tiny and easy to huck around and throw on a trailer.

I did expect more mini bikes, there were for sure more than other years but it's not caught on as fast as I'd like. More micro bikes. little little

Re: Moped of 2018?

Alright I quick-crunched the numbers in a moment of boredom:

Searched performance (since that's where the real "year of" action is - if people aren't building em, does it count?) for keywords for the past year.

I also double checked some other possibles, like e50 and za50 in addition to puch (but only counted exclusive terms, whichever was higher, "puch" or "e50" + "za50", to avoid double counting). Only really made a difference for motobecane (everyone says "moby") and minarelli, (more people just said "v1")

here's the numbers. Fa50 is drastically overrated because brent sax, but people were clearly talking about it so I let em count.

Unsurprisingly it's the year of the puch. again. close follow with tomos and hobbits.

It's also the year we talked a lot about bullshit exaggerated FA50 pipe dreams, and a surprising amount of expresses (all variety, including urbans and SR's) but I would say that's probably more vespa talk than usual. not enough to beat the big boys tho.

puch 987

fa50 797

tomos 761

hobbit 755

express 510

vespa 462

derbi 203

sachs 181

peugeot 165

v1 154

moby 102

garelli 95

jawa 87

batavus 52

morini 33

kreidler 14

flandria 5

solex 4

trac 3

(and for comparison "scootertrash" 852)

posts2018.JPG

Re: Moped of 2018?

MOPITT no nips Al /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Alright I quick-crunched the numbers in a moment of boredom:

>

> Searched performance (since that's where the real "year of" action is -

> if people aren't building em, does it count?) for keywords for the past

> year.

>

> I also double checked some other possibles, like e50 and za50 in

> addition to puch (but only counted exclusive terms, whichever was

> higher, "puch" or "e50" + "za50", to avoid double counting). Only really

> made a difference for motobecane (everyone says "moby") and minarelli,

> (more people just said "v1")

>

> here's the numbers. Fa50 is drastically overrated because brent sax, but

> people were clearly talking about it so I let em count.

>

> Unsurprisingly it's the year of the puch. again. close follow with tomos

> and hobbits.

>

> It's also the year we talked a lot about bullshit exaggerated FA50 pipe

> dreams, and a surprising amount of expresses (all variety, including

> urbans and SR's) but I would say that's probably more vespa talk than

> usual. not enough to beat the big boys tho.

>

> puch 987

>

> fa50 797

>

> tomos 761

>

> hobbit 755

>

> express 510

>

> vespa 462

>

> derbi 203

>

> sachs 181

>

> peugeot 165

>

> v1 154

>

> moby 102

>

> garelli 95

>

> jawa 87

>

> batavus 52

>

> morini 33

>

> kreidler 14

>

> flandria 5

>

> solex 4

>

> trac 3

>

> (and for comparison "scootertrash" 852)

This was fuckin amazing thank you

Re: Moped of 2018?

Haha scootertrash hell ya

I may get my first Puch this year

Re: Moped of 2018?

I would love that pie chart segmented in to different pizza toppings. The MA18 thin crust.

Re: Moped of 2018?

vespa is trending higher than all the other italian mopeds COMBINED

ill chalk that up as a pretty big win

Re: Moped of 2018?

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> vespa is trending higher than all the other italian mopeds COMBINED

>

> ill chalk that up as a pretty big win

C656FCBC-8045-4DAC-AC7B-5DE2B5041515.jpeg

That part right there.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Jawa 87. I'll count that as a, um, uh, honorable mention?

Re: Moped of 2018?

False premise...………..`performance forum' means nothing. TRUE mopeds are slow and GREAT on mpgs.

Just because a brand has a lot of people trying to make them faster means nothing.

Italian mopeds never will take a backseat to ONE BRAND or MODEL of Puch.

Get over yourselves...………...for dependability I'll take the Minarelli or M1 Morini over any Puch engine. They are engines that just keep going and going.

Re: Moped of 2018?

MOPITT no nips Al /

And yet no one here is willing to discuss that Suzuki life

Re: Moped of 2018?

Suzuki,,, gesundheit.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Jack Rutherford /

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > vespa is trending higher than all the other italian mopeds COMBINED

>

> >

>

> > ill chalk that up as a pretty big win

>

> That part right there.

Express yourself!

Re: Moped of 2018?

Jonathan Eaton /

Damnnn. Garelli boys lettin me down. Barely ahead of Jawa?!?! 2019 needs to be the year we ditch the rubber. Talk of treats Garelli jammer clutches has been going on for years now, will 2019 bring salvation to us??? Probably not, but hey, a boy can dream

Re: Moped of 2018?

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And yet no one here is willing to discuss that Suzuki life

Discuss ? Maybe because after they are set up correctly , they are trouble free ?

That doesn't leave much to 'discuss' .

I'll take the quiet corner of dependability , anytime . ;)

Re: Moped of 2018?

MOPITT no nips Al /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> I'll take the quiet corner of dependability , anytime . ;)

BE CAREFUL WE MIGHT TRIP OVER THAT MIC YOU DROPPED *hip hop horn*

Re: Moped of 2018?

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > I'll take the quiet corner of dependability , anytime . ;)

>

> BE CAREFUL WE MIGHT TRIP OVER THAT MIC YOU DROPPED *hip hop horn*

Thanks for the grin . ;)

Re: Moped of 2018?

I'm doin garelli for '19, at least 1st build of '19. and inevitably i'm sure there will be sachs.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Frank Bailey (MOPITT) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Suzuki,,, gesundheit.

Danke.

Re: Moped of 2018?

Minarelli 'till infinity

V1h rebuild next, v1ks build, some c2 tinkering and a p4 playday plan on the side while hunting some carabelas I'll never find

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account