Yet another TV Moped sighting this week

2nd one in less than seven days. This one is much more centered around mopeds than the earlier one this week which just happened to be in the background. This involves a mopeder as well. On episode 14, Season 1 of ABC’s Shark Tank, the sharks were pitched on an old fashioned ice cream man business but this one happened to be powered by a Tomos tri-ped. None of the sharks invested in him bc mopeds. Does anyone know this guy? His name is Tim Gavern and he goes by Captain Ice Cream.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Mopeds_on_television

971927D5-B9A2-4B80-B177-2059458B321F.jpeg
26A5A2B6-004D-4541-9BA6-3848FD4A57C6.jpeg
87073C26-7CA6-486E-9BF8-E6DEF484BE9E.jpeg

Re: Yet another TV Moped sighting this week

He's even a member here.

captain icecream

Edit: and here is the old topic i remember him from. (edited)

haha i need to see that episode

"hi i wear shorts and a captain america helmet and deliver ice cream on an unreliable moped trike that has a non refrigerated cooler capable of holding a limited amount of ice cream. I'm seeking 9 million from an investor."

Dude it’s hilarious you need to watch the episode, I’m not sure what justification he has to his figures but he told Kevin O’Leary the it costs 7k to keep the Thomas serviced so benefit of the doubt I’d hope he has some sort of refrigeration in there or something, otherwise homeboy’s tryin to capitalize on them treats sales

whaaatt?? 7k? He must be changing ATF and spark plug every single night. I wonder if he knows you can buy an entire ice cream truck for less than 7k... https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/d/food-soft-ice-cream-truck/6759498742.html

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> whaaatt?? 7k? He must be changing ATF and spark plug every single night.

> I wonder if he knows you can buy an entire ice cream truck for less than

> 7k...

Or, like everything on tv Sharktank is completely fake and scripted, and the guy writing the script didn't know anything about mopeds?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------

> Or, like everything on tv Sharktank is completely fake and scripted, and

> the guy writing the script didn't know anything about mopeds?

Y’see in a show like that I personally don’t think it’s as scripted as it’s EDITED in favor of wherever they want it to go. Like, I’ve heard each contestant has an hour to pitch their product or service and they condense their proposals to digestible entertaining ten minute segments. So idk if this jabroni actually appraised these peds at 7k but I wouldn’t doubt it, he probably formulated it to include some profit for himself.

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------

>

> > Or, like everything on tv Sharktank is completely fake and scripted,

> and

>

> > the guy writing the script didn't know anything about mopeds?

>

> Y’see in a show like that I personally don’t think it’s as scripted as

> it’s EDITED in favor of wherever they want it to go. Like, I’ve heard

> each contestant has an hour to pitch their product or service and they

> condense their proposals to digestible entertaining ten minute segments.

> So idk if this jabroni actually appraised these peds at 7k but I

> wouldn’t doubt it, he probably formulated it to include some profit for

> himself.

All tv shows are scripted to a certain degree. Kitchy American shows like this are almost 100% scripted.

It's just easier to write "good" tv than to sit and wait for it to happen.

Tri-ped is a specific brand of trike made in Farmingdale NY. This one is a Pryer, a company from Ohio. They sold various configurations of trike kits including retail refrigerated and freezer units as well as simple baskets or closed trunks. You could buy just the kit, or a complete machine. I have both a Tri-ped and a Pryer. Each has it own quirks. The Pryer has an actual differential with 2 wheel drive, so it makes a great snowped (which I have done many times)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account