Re: New Honda Super Cub.....

Josiah Radebaugh /

You know, I really don't like most new biked, so if I were to buy one brand new I'd give one a try. Or one of those vintage lookalike things.

if you need another ct200 there is one by me on CL for 150 bucks, rough shape.

i'd like to grab one too, they have the best combo of parts, manual clutch, big crank, all the good stuff. tough to sign up for something that rough though.

While I agree the grom is most definitely NOT the cub, the argument that it shows there is a likely market is very valid.

what I mean is, the grom filled a void that nobody realized was there and captured a big following in a group of people that was traditionally not into motorcycles or scooters. (really I'd give this credo to the ruckus but still, it's the same audience) It brought a new group of riders onto bikes, and in alotta ways it really was a "starter bike" for a lot of folks, and for some it was/is their only. The new cub fits almost exactly that same market except hits those people in it who were turned off by the grom's style or for being too much a motorcycle.

There are a lotta people, especially younger who aren't into the traditional cruiser or racer giants, and are turned off to scooters but would totally dig something unique and nostalgic. I have LOTs of friends who would totally be into mopeds except theyre unreliable, but don't like the commitment and price of modern full size motorcycles or the style of generic toilet scooters.

So yea, the cub is WAY different from the grom, it's also very much the same, because it targets an audience of probably mostly younger moto curious folks and gives them an easy approachable and attractive intro to bikes.

I see it going well for Honda and in a few years we might start seeing the other companies try to jump in the way Kawasaki and kymco have w/ the grom

my mom rides a vulcan- she's 5'2" and comfortable on it.

when i feel like a giant

Pushrod Fifty /
1547076404517-176631472.jpg

Its a 4 speed auto clutch. Best to start with something running or a decent rust free bike that sat that you get running easy enough. This bike had the engine out with top end off, a mouse had entered the cylinder by chewing through the rubber intake tube. The bore looks fine but the valves will need to be ground. I have a guy in RI that does small bike machine work, by mail and paypal.

send, back up !,, or cash ! that's ok too !

Josiah Radebaugh /

woah $150! How if I was closer I'd nab it!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account