MB5 Masterclass fairing - iso contact/photos Richard Pellegrino, Albuquerque, NM

https://www.treatland.tv/fiberglass-body-fairing-MASTERCLASS-p/body-fairing-masterclass.htm

just trying to hunt down the guy who put this on his MB5 for pictures. curious to see how it looks.

looking for affordable, simple seat options and to ditch the tank, without reinventing the wheel and I've had this in mind. was going to make a custom plug and get some made but $120 is hard to beat!(edited)

Re: MB5 Masterclass fairing - iso contact/photos Richard Pellegrino, Albuquerque, NM

Anonymous User /
scootertrash

Like a sore wiener, hard to beat!

Re: MB5 Masterclass fairing - iso contact/photos Richard Pellegrino, Albuquerque, NM

Josiah Radebaugh /

What even^?

I have one. Planning on putting it on a freespirit frame. Will post more photos at some point. I only have one with it just sitting on the bare frame

Pater up in New York has the tightest mb5 in the states.

ScreenShot2018-11-15at8.19.24AM.png

/thread

Oh shit, life winner! That is awesome.

if i had that bike i would never have another bike

I still have a set of those MBX wheels if anyones interested.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> if i had that bike i would never have another bike

except that it's still an mb5

> Phoebe ~PB SUX CLUB~ Wrote:

> > Mike Boyd Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > if i had that bike i would never have another bike

>

> except that it's still an mb5

That's all i really need tho

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> That's all i really need tho

They all say that, and then they ride a GPR.

Jeez if i owned that I think id put a gun in my mouth

> BLK KWANZAA Wrote:

> Pater up in New York has the tightest mb5 in the states.

> >(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> P8R . Wrote:

> Jeez if i owned that I think id put a gun in my mouth

>

> > BLK KWANZAA Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Pater up in New York has the tightest mb5 in the states.

>

> > >

PULL THE TRIGGER, PIGLET

> Rob Rob Wrote:

> > Mike Boyd Wrote:

>

> > That's all i really need tho

>

> They all say that, and then they ride a GPR.

then they realize the GPR is only marginally better, but without the classic style and still not highway capable or well suited to distance, and that the MB5 is indeed all they really need for in-town ripping around.

or they like small sport bikes, and prefer a GPR. to each his own, but I'm on the MB5 side. or better yet, DT50 or TS that you can rip offroad too. even in town the suspension travel make stairsets more fun than it would be on an MB5 or a GPR.

masterclass.jpg

I looked at this thing for so long on Treats. Eventually my curiosity won out and i bought one.

Some things to consider:

-The knee dents go in very far so the stock coil position won't work anymore.

-The seat / tail area of this thing is huge.

-Some serious bracketry needs to be made to support it

-The fuel tank area is very small because it is made for a moped with the fuel tank in the frame, you have to come up with your own tank and the volume will have to be pretty small.

I will probably cut the tank part off and just use the seat and tail on a stock mb5 tank. I'm happy to post more pictures of it, let me know if you want anything specific.

That photo makes me want to buy it so I can be fairing king

Personally , I'd trim the tail section to about half and blow the knee dents out a lot .

The rest would be easily workable .

kevin Smellaflange /

if it's plastic, you could wrap up an old coil stuff it on & use a heat gun to help expand it over the coil wrapped for air space as u push down on the area.

if it's fiberglass then just live with it.

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> if it's plastic, you could wrap up an old coil stuff it on & use a heat

> gun to help expand it over the coil wrapped for air space as u push down

> on the area.

>

> if it's fiberglass then just live with it.

It's fiberglass, I have one too. The tail section is massive

i missed this thread getting bumped!

Here is what I ended up with so far:

IMG_6247.JPG
IMG_6246.JPG

7/8 gallon alloy fuel cell and seat support subframe.

IMG_1813.JPG

if i was to do it all over, i would /might get a tank glassed into the body .

Love that mb5, seen it on a few different moto blogs. Id like the fuel cell, looks like a good size too, I bet you get close to 100 miles on it. Should ditch those comstars and get a set of 17 inch spokes. So much lighter, I’m pretty sure we used a trial 90 rear wheel and a cr80 front and it lined up almost perfect. We also ditched the front caliper in favor of a dual piston. Tire options are much better for 17s as well, but it looks like you have bt45’s on there so nvm seems like you’re covered on the rubber.

> jumpsuit steve Wrote:

> i missed this thread getting bumped!

>

> Here is what I ended up with so far:

>

> 7/8 gallon alloy fuel cell and seat support subframe.

>

> if i was to do it all over, i would /might get a tank glassed into the

> body .

this looks great. way better than I imagined it would. pegs on the swing arm is mighty dumb though. sketchy and all your weight is unsprung.

I don't think this bike has gotten any press - pass it along if you've seen something, though!

Fuel cell is plenty for 30-45 minutes of warmup or a few races. I think we probably gas up each morning of racing and check it throughout the day to be sure, but it sips gas.

Last time it was on the scales it was 153 lbs wet.

Since this picture I put MBX rims on it, which are barely a pound lighter each (IIRC) - but primarily because they look cool. BT39ss.

IMG-4252.JPG

this bike has the right wheel setup that you are talking about - CT rear, stock forks I think with a disc hub front - both laced to 18"s though - with battlaxes.

Front brake has been sufficient and appropriate so far. racing at Canaan Motor Club and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Use it to scrub some speed going into hairpins and a few tight spots, but otherwise mostly all out trying to carry corner speed. never got fade. for mini tracks, I absolutely would go that direction, just not a priority right now.

I agree that pegs on the swingarm is not ideal - it was a compromise to meet a deadline. Just made aluminum pegs for the lower shock mounts. It is on the to-do list! that being said, it has not been a dealbreaker.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account