it just died!! PLEASE HELP

i am so pissed, this morning i was riding my 77 batavus hs50 and it was running great and i was 2 towns away from home and just running some errands, on the way home i was climbing some relativly small hills that usually my ped doesnt hav any problems with then after some more hills the ped just descided to die ahhhhhhhhhh i had to walk 6 miles home and push the ped. well where do you think i should start troubleshooting my ped, i am still a newb to this stuff, please help

Re: it just died!! PLEASE HELP

(Sling Blade Voice) Does it got gas in it?

half a freaking tank, checked that

Mope Head /

Fred's Guide... Learn it, Know it, Live it.

what the hell is freds guide????

InfectedBootSector /

Under the Resources Section of the site...

ya probably have a dirty plug or clogged carb.

ItsLookingUp /

my friend had the same thing happen to him. his moped hasn't started since.

my friends batavus did the same thing. it was a clogged cab inlet. to check, unscrew the nut where the fuel line goes into the carb. there is a little mesh screen in there to keep the shit out of the carb. clean this whole thing, and then see if it works. maybe clean your jet while your at it.

My batavus did the same thing...it turned out the jet was clogged...i took it out sprayed some carb cleaner thru it and it ran fine

When a ped that is running well "just dies" its either a fuel starvation issue or a sudden ignition problem. Have you checked to make sure you have a good spark? If so, then Toehead and Nick's recomendations should solve your problems.

why didnt you pedal it home?

The pedals hit his exhaust.

ITS ALIVE

well i pedaled as much as i could but alot of it was uphill, anyways i fixed it by cleaning the jet/carb and then for shits ang giggles put in a new inline fuel filter

Re: ITS ALIVE

It's the carb 95% of the time dude.

> well i pedaled as much as i could but alot of it was uphill,

> anyways i fixed it by cleaning the jet/carb and then for

> shits ang giggles put in a new inline fuel filter

it's so hard to look cool while you're pedalling yourself home, isn't it. i've done it many times myself. what's even worse is when i have to call my wife and have her come rescue me. my moped looks so pathetic being hauled back home in the trunk of a nissan sentra.

congrats on getting your beast up and running again. atleast for another couple days =)

im confident i fixed the problem with the fuel filter there was so much shit in the tank when i bought it and its still coming out, yea peddling wasnt fun and i was told i looked pretty goofy but i guess it was one of freds reactions. ped fit in back of a sentra huh?? didnt think it would, sentra is a nice ride though SE-R with the sr20 motor in it kicks some ass i know that

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account