Show me your e50 (or other) with the stock A35/A55 op end!

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I've always pondered putting a tomos top end on an e50, but i've always put myself off to it by the thought of having to chop an exhaust to angle. Not that i can't weld, i just dont have pipes to spare that would make it worthwhile.

Show me yours! Videos would be neat too.

For that matter, ANY top end swaps would be cool! It'd be interesting to see a moby/minarelli/honda/vespa/tomos/puch/derbi etc. top end swapped to another bottom end, and whatever spacing or cutting was required. Just cuz. (edited)

Re: Show me your e50 (or other) with the stock A35/A55 op end!

Probably Fred /

Just put a treat reed kit on which is basically a Tomos kit with a flat port

It has small port stock that basically almost match up two small ports in the E 50 so you really don’t have to match it but I hog out both case and kit a lot

I built one of these e50 engine with treat kit on a cheep budget with a 21 mm carburetor, just kickstart springs in a stock clutch and modded estroil pipe for Nick D who raced it, he came in third in the finals of a moped race and completed all his heat races,

He rode the bike around for months before he sold it !

It was a freak, the bike did near 60 mph pretty much all day long with no overheating, running points (but detailed perfect so there was no bounce of points) and timing set at 17°

Best bang for the buck even though you have to dick around with finding or making a correct intake for a 4pedal reed cage (I recommend the Polini with the rubberized 4 petal true reed, it’s just that little bit better than malosi 4 petal though more costly

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just put a treat reed kit on which is basically a Tomos kit with a flat

> port

>

> It has small port stock that basically almost match up two small ports

> s in the E 50 so you really don’t have to match it but I hog out both

> case and kit a lot

>

>

>

> I built one of these e50 engine with treat kit on a cheep budget with a

> 21 mm carburetor, just kickstart springs in a stock clutch and modded

> estroil pipe for Nick D who raced it, he came in third in the finals of

> a moped race and completed all his heat races,

>

> He rode the bike around for months before he sold it !

>

> It was a freak, the bike did near 60 mph pretty much all day long with

> no overheating, running points (but detailed perfect so there was no

> bounce of points) and timing set at 17°

>

> Best bang for the buck even though you have to dick around with finding

> g or making a correct intake for a 4pedal reed cage (I recommend the

> Polini with the rubberized 4 petal true reed, it’s just that little bit

> better than malosi 4 petal though more costly

Thats awesome!

But the purpose of the thread was to see some cool and totally unnecessary top end swaps. for no real reason other than i was bored. I just like seeing whacky moped stuff. A moby top end on a derbi bottom end, having taken care of their differences in stroke, stud spacing, and connecting rod diameter, would be a cool thing to see, despite it being absolutely ridiculous.

Like, what if you were trapped on an island with 2 broken engines, one with a working top and one with a working bottom?

THATS what i wanna see. Or pretty much anything out of the ordinary.

Probably Fred /

Yeah I understand but since I’ve owned mopeds since 1977 I always have parts

And before the Internet/well before I made a profile on moped army to sell parts I had bins of engines, frames and all kinds of parts, you name it so

rarely do I have to ever have to miss matched anything but occasionally I leave something Janked just for the heck of it to see how long it lasts.

Do it dude, I put an A55 cylinder on one of my v1's and I love it

Linky to my Garage of the buid

I also used a 50cc tomo Airsal for my 50/50 project on an e50, that got me 54mph!

Another linky to the Garage page for my Maxi build

no pics but i had a pinto with an a35, 14 bing, and a tecno boss. Ran to 41 with ok torque. Only bad thing is that it vibrated like a mother fucker. Didn't really bug me when riding but i had to tighten intake/head bolts after pretty much every ride... no amount of loctite or washers could help.

> Toledo Riot Wrote:

> Do it dude, I put an A55 cylinder on one of my v1's and I love it

>

> Linky to my Garage of the buid

>

> I also used a 50cc tomo Airsal for my 50/50 project on an e50, that got

> me 54mph!

>

> Another linky to the Garage page for my Maxi build

Damn So whatcha Holdin now ?

> Jim Jones Wrote:

> > Toledo Riot Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Do it dude, I put an A55 cylinder on one of my v1's and I love it

>

> >

>

> > Linky to my Garage of the buid

>

> >

>

> > I also used a 50cc tomo Airsal for my 50/50 project on an e50, that

> got

>

> > me 54mph!

>

> >

>

> > Another linky to the Garage page for my Maxi build

>

> Damn So whatcha Holdin now ?

That was 17x45, and had decent take off, after I hit my 50mph goal I re-geared to 15x45 and it does low 40’s with great torque, it mostly gets ridden in our downtown area, so take off is more important then top end around here (edited)

Its confusing

20180916_184525.jpg
20180916_184638.jpg

todd amundson /

A55 on a ZA50

58CD4556-02C6-4331-96F8-AA07026C7C80.jpeg

> todd amundson Wrote:

> A55 on a ZA50

> >

Neat! Looks really good. Hows it run?

Yea the treats reed kit with a 4 petal is the shit. Absolutely the easiest kit to just go rip up the road.

I think you can machine the stock Tomos cylinder exhaust port flat & you use the stock Puch exhaust mounting holes. ( mlm make an adapter spacer for maxi a Magnum exhaust)

> todd amundson Wrote:

> A55 on a ZA50

> >

How does it run compared to a Stock a55 ?

Thanks

NEADS MOAR PIXS DUBAHL POASTYNG NAOW

27880943_422490821513040_4328713588484079616_n.jpg
27579571_484745441919948_7102809424254730240_n.jpg
28033630_10155817588984597_2046374709_o.jpg

2017 A55 cylinder and head. Ported for reeds by a rabbity dude. MLM reed block that I won at a rally with single petal reed that came with a Polini kit. Tomos a35 straight shot 15mm intake with the stock a55 carb (phva 14.12). Estoril sidebleed. On a kick e50. Geared at like 15/35 if I recall. Rips little dicks but it climbs hills ok so I am happy with it. Barely hits 300 degrees even in Cali summer.

> Jonathan R Wrote:

> NEADS MOAR PIXS DUBAHL POASTYNG NAOW

>

> 2017 A55 cylinder and head. Ported for reeds by a rabbity dude. MLM reed

> block that I won at a rally with single petal reed that came with a

> Polini kit. Tomos a35 straight shot 15mm intake with the stock a55 carb

> (phva 14.12). Estoril sidebleed. On a kick e50. Geared at like 15/35 if

> I recall. Rips little dicks but it climbs hills ok so I am happy with

> it. Barely hits 300 degrees even in Cali summer.

NICE! Thats really neat.

I had an e50 with 45mm alukit, 4 petal reed block, treats cdi, phbg 20, heated and bent puch fuego pipe, stock clutch with kickstart springs. Did low 50s with crazy torque

B804BBC3-5335-4847-97B9-C57BE54F30B7.jpeg

20180921_082627.jpg
20180921_082717.jpg

This one fucking RIPPPED

probably best ported bike I've built. It was great.

This is the first kitted bike I ever put together and tuned, many years ago, though at the time it wasn't mine. Used to belong to Clint "Monstro" swoop, it had an athena that lasted a good 3 years before catching a ring and becoming totaled. I revived it about a year later as a last minute ride for Hot n' Peddy FUCKING RALLY with a cheapo kstar, and in that state it got passed on to Kevin Swoop. It got scavenged hard for parts after dying and kevin's reluctance to fix it up. I finally got time to rebuild an old engine and port up an a55 for it. $0 invested it ran fucking great. rebuilt cheapo CDI w/ Universal "race" box a55 topend ported to 175 deg exhaust, widened & ovalled about 2mm each side. 25 blowdown 150 intake. piston matched & modded, transfers cleaned matched and opened, intake opening to 17mm, header intake with 17 Amal, Casematched to e50 bottom end, 16deg BTDC timing, 17/45 gearing. I drilled out the clutch bell, starter plate, and arms myself on a cheap drill press. About 42g off the bell, 36 off the starter. Tuned the clutch (2 shoe, KS spring) took 10g off each arm and ~2 turns out from tight. Blaster pipe pulled hard above 6-7000 rpm, absolutely the best topend pipe. it was all rpm but clutch felt awesome. it was great.

That was some cases that were already matched to a big fin airsal 72 kit, so pretty close to the a55 already. I pretty much slapped it on. stockish pipe and 12 bing carb so it never ran super quick but it worked. around 30mph. My favorite part though I swapped the retaining pin for the bing slide to the other side, which lets you reverse the slide direction to run the bing backwards... no real advantage but you can hose clamp it and you can avoid all the annoying issues of bings airleaking at the base of the clamps.

traded it to Charlie for actually one of our old raffle bikes that he'd won. I think he polini'd it up. (edited)

That bing fix is friggin clever!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account