Tomos A3. Love em? Hate em?

Me personally I love em. Though yes I only have one bike, but I feel like the gearing on the A3 is choice in my semi hilly town. I’m running 28-22 sprockets and when I need to it can hit 50. But This thing actually keeps up with traffic up the hills here in Columbia. Now I’m not trying to compare it with any of the variated bikes because that’d be idiotic. But as far as tomos engines the A3 is my favorite.

EC6C844F-785B-4FD2-AA46-27852CFED17C.jpeg

Re: Tomos A3. Love em? Hate em?

I love all Tomos engines. Treat them right and they'll go a long way.

As far as the other mods it’s a 19mm PHBG, weakends 19mm intake, airsal 44mm kit, high comp head and estoril sidebleed pipe.

IMG_20180817_1513297_rewind.jpg

Having fun with mine!

IMG_20180817_1513297_rewind.jpg

Justin, do your know of any bear trap kind of hinge you can buy for the back rack?

No but I was thinking of starting to look for something like that.

> Les Briones Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Justin, do your know of any bear trap kind of hinge you can buy for the

> back rack?

Mid 80's garelli's came with the hinge you speak of.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUGGAGE-rack-Garelli-moped-rally-sl-1985-/163236797013 (edited)

I've seen a few bicycle racks that have the trap . They look like they might be adaptable , as the width seems very similar . And , they are usually pretty cheap .

Maybe you could adapt a clamp and spring to your rack ?

I have one off a Batavus. It's listed in the thread on Buy/Sell

A3 has a bullet proof transmission in my opinion, as long as you keep the fluid correct. The clutch material lasts forever, far longer than A35/A55.

TDC = Tomos Don't Count

BTDC = Before Tomos Don't Count (= A3)

Probably Fred /

Many moons ago I had a silver bullet and a golden bullet that were pretty much stock They went 28-30mph on the flat (and around 14-15mph on hills) when they were running good or when they were running bad the speed was still the same ha ha!

Very reliable bikes of course I was running leaded gasoline which definitely prolongs the life of any two-stroke engine

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account