Worth $75?

Mandar Mandar /

"1977 TYM Industries Speed Bird. It needs new tires and the engine is locked up, the rest of the bike is in pretty good shape."

Screenshot_20180831-195355.png

Re: Worth $75?

Mandar Mandar /

I'm leaving tomorro, gotta pull the trigger on this one....or maybe let this fish go?

NO

offer him $50.00 tops

be prepared to walk away

that bike has good controls

throttle, front brake, rear brake, decomp

the carb is a 10mm Mikuni

the ignition is a CEV, i think

same as Puch

wheels look good

good for parts

don*t think it will ever run

if you free up the engine and need engine parts i

have them

also have a complete engine for sale

also known as an Angel Commander moped

Mandar Mandar /

How much would the new engine run me?

I would snap this up as well. Now that Leo's in the ring with a basket of parts you cant go wrong, Bottom end may be fine. Could be that someone ran straight gas an killed the piston. Even a used piston and matching cylnder would make that run forever.

Do it.

lol its set up like an exercise bike. I paid more for my moped and it was in worst shape. Most people look forward to upgrading the cylinder and pistin anyway.

It’s up to you. If you enjoy tearing into things to see how they work, then it might be worth it for you.

It’s just that I can’t remember one single enjoyable moment in trying to get an Angel running, although that was decades ago and learning 2 stroke engines at the time.

Oh sweet!

Picture buying a shitty Chinese scooter today for 500 bucks from a shady classified ad. Now picture that same bike 40 years from now, being beat up and abandoned that whole time. Is it worth 75 bucks? Hell yeah! It's a piece of history, and history has presented you the opportunity to invest a whole lot of your time and money to restoring something, which even though it was never anything special, could become something very special to you. Or at least a long running and memorable regret!

Dang will that's the most positive way I've ever seen someone talk about shit clones.

I mean I fuckin disagree but

skip the bs and get a bike that runs, lifes too short. if free yeah, if u need specific parts bike yeah dont get allured by the cheep price. its headed for scrap. $.09

OK

looked at my Angel engine

the top end looks good

if you want the top end its yours for cheap

cylinder, piston, rings, etc

CHEAP I SAY

i actually want you to get this bike running

Mandar Mandar /

Alright guys I think I'm gonna get it. I have a everyday moped. Im looking for a projwasn't sure if th

hey man these are like a mix between a hobbit and a single speed Pug, get it, they do like 30-35 stock! Haters gonna hate, and they should, but its a goofy fun bike

Mandar Mandar /

I want project bikes. Combo for $200. Indian+tym locked bike. Stick with the tym for 75$ or get them both?

Screenshot_20180901-093820.png

Mandar Mandar /
Screenshot_20180901-093718.png

I'd stick with the TYM, no point in buying two shitty mopeds.

yr nuts, wouldnt even consider it.

If you have the room for it offer 50. Then tinker with it when you feel like it.

I would refuse the Indian for sure. The best parts, the wheels are gone.

If the guy hangs to the silly position of both or none just pass on all.

Mandar Mandar /

Thanks for the tips guys I will offer 50 and pass on the indian.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account