Sacre Vespa Cases

Has anyone used these bad boyzzz? I’d love to see a build thread using one

vespa-sacre-cases-2T.jpg

https://www.treatland.tv/SACRE-cases-for-VESPA-piaggio-the-ultimate-tuner-s-p/vespa-sacre-cases.htm

Re: Sacre Vespa Cases

Whoa... i dont get the hack and weld the frame part. Why not have them bolt in?

Someone that speaks fluent Vespa, let me in. I only dable.

Dirty30 Dillon /

These cases use minarelli horizontal scooter cranks and kits, very awesome.

The reason you need to hack the frame is to accomodate the now right-side ignition. The accompanying kits for these cases come in flavors up to 24ish HP, which basically destroys any vespa-moped component left on your bike.

Running this basically requires that you mate a GY6 clutch to the rear and support the end play via a cage+bearing.

If you want to build a fast vespa moped, grab some malossi cases.

If you want to build a race-only bike that you plan on dumping every bit of $$$ into, these are the ones

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Whoa... i dont get the hack and weld the frame part. Why not have them

> bolt in?

>

> Someone that speaks fluent Vespa, let me in. I only dable.

Most likely to fit the 28mm intake and carb/larger cylinders. It's a tight fit with a 13mm carb, even more so with the 16mm/19mm aftermarket Polini cases.

I was just thinking about how I haven't seen much contemporary scooter tech on Vespa mopeds. I guess I spoke too soon.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I know its "high end" stuff and will make a crazy bike... but the casting / machining on these looks pretty crappy for $500.

Holy fuck these have never been available stateside before. And the Dutch dudes want 600 euros for a used set

Run of the mill Vespas are extremely limited by their three stud top ends. However, I always wanted to see the mods folks do on Vespinos -- a seemingly more modern four-stud design with neat variator system.

motor-vespino-xe-228246280_1.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I know where there is a Vespino in a scrap yard... stateside!

> Dave Steele Wrote:

> Run of the mill Vespas are extremely limited by their three stud top

> ends. However, I always wanted to see the mods folks do on Vespinos --

> a seemingly more modern four-stud design with neat variator system.

> >

Lol wut, in what sense are they limited? Like as in sealing surfaces?

I want a stock Vespino just because they got that 90s scooterped steez(edited)

In the kinds/types of non-Vespa moped top ends they can take.

> Korean Fried Chicken Wrote:

> > Dave Steele Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Run of the mill Vespas are extremely limited by their three stud top

>

> > ends. However, I always wanted to see the mods folks do on Vespinos

> --

>

> > a seemingly more modern four-stud design with neat variator system.

>

> > >

>

> Lol wut, in what sense are they limited? Like as in sealing surfaces?

>

> I want a stock Vespino just because they got that 90s scooterped steez

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

holy shit that's nuts. How have I not seen these yet?

Almost definitely requires a custom subframe since there's no way in hell the stock sub is not going to fold in half immediately let alone after removing all the material to fit the guts in. So tempting but i don't have that much free time or money lol.

I agree, the finish looks pretty poor for the price point. Definitely a good starting point for an absolutely insane engine build though.

Dirty30 Dillon /
IMG7950653896191957964.jpg

Yeah, vespinos are sick.

> Korean Fried Chicken Wrote:

> > Dave Steele Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Run of the mill Vespas are extremely limited by their three stud top

>

> > ends. However, I always wanted to see the mods folks do on Vespinos

> --

>

> > a seemingly more modern four-stud design with neat variator system.

>

> > >

>

> Lol wut, in what sense are they limited? Like as in sealing surfaces?

>

> I want a stock Vespino just because they got that 90s scooterped steez

Whoa! Sweet.

fucccckkkkkkkk er! that's hot. hot damage. I will never ever do that.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Stock Vespino F18 2.8hp cylinders are great.

IMG_20180210_231410_290.jpg

I’ve been following Sacre on a Facebook for a while. I don’t see myself buying a set of the cases, but it has had me staring at a Minarelli scooter case with a hacksaw in hand.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Those older Vespino's are cool, Rotary valve and much smaller two transfer cases/topends.

Dillon, does that stud spacing match any common non-Vespino tops ends? What's the stroke?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Dave:

I could take a measurement for you for the stud spacing, I can't say I measured the stroke while I was in there, but I can estimate for you

The vespino has a 43mm stroke. spanish wiki

Same stroke as Minarelli horizontal top ends? Incredible.

The mineralli has a 39.2 stroke but there are aftermarket cylinders that are set up for the 43mm stroke.

This Athena is set up to use a 43mm stroke.

7402D55D-97A5-4CC3-B54A-8CF6783032D3.png

Yeah, 50cc Mina horizontal Scooter is 39mm... 90cc is 44 or so.

I'm pretty sure I have two unused 50 cc water cooler kits that I would part with that were going to go onmodded Hobbit cases. One I paid $80 and the other 120. I have a third mallosi one from treats that apparently is more Hobbit friendly. Anyone wanting one for what I paid ease pm me.

Here was one that tomahawkmopeds built but I didn’t see much more of it after this.

CFFEB47C-C984-4153-92E9-BBD8E17B29C5.png

Dirty30 Dillon /

I have since snagged a set of these cases, The exterior casting is rough and slightly amorphous, but the machined surfaces (where is counts) are very well done.

The transfers are obviously super vague because who knows what kinda of contraption you'll strap on here?

Biggest reason these won't fit on a ciao frame or grande/bravo sub is the hole needed for the ignition side crank and assy.

Also as a note: Just for kicks I tried to line up my stock vespino topend on this, because as stated they have the same stroke as the "stroker" minarelli cranks. Besides for the stud pattern being significantly off, there is no way you are fitting a 50+ mm skirt inside the Vespino cases.

We don't have enough vespino's stateside to warrant boring and re-studding the cases, but it's cool to dream.

i mean, they are cool and all but whats the difference between this and just bolting a fuckin lawnmower engine on your bike or something?

i have a (personal) hard line which is vague and based on meaningless subjectivity, but these are on the 'not a moped' side of that line, whereas stuff like the malossi RV cases are on the 'moped' side of the line.

cool but like, what you're gonna build a custom subframe, scooter gearbox, scooter cylinder, scooter crank, scooter reeds, intake, carb.... and bolt it to a bravo frame and call it a moped? eh.

also, hey! you kids! get off my lawn!

Dirty30 Dillon /

With other scooter kit adaptations becoming more and more accessible, i.e. this I thought I would just bump this.

Been putting together my Sacre motor with the help of Dos Cycles boys and SIP Scootershop.

IMG_20190129_113600.jpg

This was from the other day. The variator is currently on the motor and I should be able to mount the cylinder to check squish later today.

As far as the "not a moped guideline," yes it requires a custom subframe, a scooter transmission hybrid, etc. It's still a moped just because there are custom/scooter parts on it.

Hell yeah! Cant wait to see this shit going. You may be the first one stateside to build one of these!

If you are on insta, check out @gpracingparts he builds a ton of these if you need inspiration/answers

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account