Troubles

Well it's been a couples weeks since I replaced starter clutch pads. So today while it was up on the stand idling the pedals started slowly rotating , it wasn't , from vibrating, checked out WIKI, and it wasn't difficult changing it. But I'm puzzled . Any thoughts before I tear it apart again? Les, aka ,Monkey with a wrench.

IMG_20180707_1536014_rewind.jpg

Re: Troubles

Probably just the 30 year old grease in the freewheel

I'll double check it again but it looked clean when I had covers off, thanks Joe.

If it were a physical shift transmission , it was in neutral and the pedals /wheel started moving , I'd be a bit concerned .

It's not .

Maybe I oughta spray penetrating oil and double check the chain tension ? Can't hurt.

How fast is your idle speed?

It's low..

You're worrying TOO much . Ride that bike for all it's worth . Then take a break and admire what you have .

Your right PD, I'll take your advice, I'll wait for a rainy day, and look it over, take my time. Fire up the blue Bullet!

Your freewheel is likely stuck

It's on my to check list.. Thanks..

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You're worrying TOO much . Ride that bike for all it's worth . Then take

> a break and admire what you have .

You're right, PD. It's Mopeds! They're easy to worry about though, and I tend to overthink things as well.

Ride it, Les! Take time to enjoy the ride. Then sit back, light a fat one, and pick the bugs out of your teeth from grinning all day!

You do know there's a repair section on the forum, right? Post up in there, some peeps only stick to certain sections, so might get more responses.

Will do.. also checked out WIKI... and my shop manual. Like Joe suggested I'm gonna check the free wheel.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Most people will say fuck it, as the grease in the freewheel can get goopy and drag like that.

I have had a freewheel lock, spin the pedals at 45 and throw me, so I don't fuck around. If it's janky I just replace it.

Well Dirty, I’m pretty sure you called. I took the chain off turned it clockwise, it took. Started counterclockwise, I could feel it grinding and catching. The bearings are bad. Fire up slow throttle and idle pedals rotate constantly and I put a lotta pressure to release. Oh well no biggie, I hope.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account