Re: Electric Mopeds

Braap Master Mope /

Re: Electric Mopeds

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Ken Roff Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> Ken , they're for when you're sick of working on mopeds and don't want

> to break down 10 miles from home . LOL

You just run out of electricity instead, biggest issue with e bikes is range, there are some really nice motors out there but you need pretty big battery packs to go with them.

A nice ebike brushless motor on the front of a classic ped would be a much better idea, that way you have the benefits of the electric motor like instant torque for fast pull aways (+ pedal assist), stealth when running on electric, 2wd for mobbing round off road and big hills, combined with the range and higher top speed of the petrol engine.

instead of shunting excess voltage to ground from the stator you could work a charging circuit to top off the batteries whilst on engine power.

Some places offer free tax for hybrids too.

You can make it look pretty stock too if you put the controllers, batteries etc in some saddle bags or in a top box.

I would be doing what the bmx e bikers do and having the battery pack in a rucksack so i can take it indoors to charge at work. (edited)

Re: Electric Mopeds

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I really like the charge as you go thing, and stealth when you need it.

Re: Electric Mopeds

I like these I just bought this one yesterday for $100 cause "it was working fine then stopped going" hmm could it be because the battery died and she lost the charger I charged it and it works great also bypassed the limiter so it goes about 25

No license no tag legal to ride on the sidewalk and in bike trails

20180915_171516.jpg

Re: Electric Mopeds

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Sweet score Jay. Up here in the North pole all ebikes do not require plates, licence, paperwork & insurance. That's why the electric assist bicycles & electric scooters are everywhere. While anything with gas powered does require all the paperwork, etc. Therefore the cause that mopeds & small scooters are almost nonexistent.

Re: Electric Mopeds

Everywhere here cause there's so many drunks with no licenses

And 90% of people have no clue how to fix something electrical when it won't work so they post it on Craigslist offerup or Facebook marketplace cheap

Every time I get one I want to keep someone always ends up offering me good amount of cash I can't refuse last one I bought for $50 put $80 worth of batteries in then sold it for $500 got another one that only needed a 10 cent fuse and sold that one for $400

Gutta check out another for $50 tomorrow it's a weird one and 36v 250w but it might be an easy fix and make a couple hundred

If I never work on another gas Chinese scooter again il be happy electrics are pleasant to work on and way easier to make money with

Re: Electric Mopeds

> Alex hernandez Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with Ken. fuck electric, they are not vintage mopeds.

I agree with both of you because most electric power plants are burning coal or polluting the environment with radioactive waste. (edited)

Re: Electric Mopeds

You morons will never get the point

> Pacer Racer Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Alex hernandez Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I agree with Ken. fuck electric, they are not vintage mopeds.

>

> I agree with both of you because most electric power plants are burning

> coal or polluting the environment with radioactive waste.

Re: Electric Mopeds

I don't get it either. A moped is motorised, with pedals. Normally they are 2 stroke, but 'normal' was most popular when moped were made. Then you got 4 stroke which although not 'normal', they are still motorised, with pedals. Now you have electric, which may be the future of vehicles, but it is still motorised, with pedals. If you are purely only interested in 2 stroke mopeds, set up a dedicated website. There is a new 'normal' coming to breathe new life in to the joys of mopeds.

Re: Electric Mopeds

^^Damn Millennials. "New normal" my ass!

Re: Electric Mopeds

Ha ha millenial! Made my day! 36 years old and don't know what a twitter is, a snapchat or what bae means. Hardly a millenial.

Re: Electric Mopeds

> Moped Jay Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I like these I just bought this one yesterday for $100 cause "it was

> working fine then stopped going" hmm could it be because the battery

> died and she lost the charger I charged it and it works great also

> bypassed the limiter so it goes about 25

>

> No license no tag legal to ride on the sidewalk and in bike trails

> >that's awesome, I never see things like that up here in the great white north!

Re: Electric Mopeds

Funny I'm almost 39 I know what that crap is but refuse to use it

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ha ha millenial! Made my day! 36 years old and don't know what a twitter

> is, a snapchat or what bae means. Hardly a millenial.

Re: Electric Mopeds

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I don't get it either. A moped is motorised, with pedals. Normally they

> are 2 stroke, but 'normal' was most popular when moped were made. Then

> you got 4 stroke which although not 'normal', they are still motorised,

> with pedals. Now you have electric, which may be the future of vehicles,

> but it is still motorised, with pedals. If you are purely only

> interested in 2 stroke mopeds, set up a dedicated website. There is a

> new 'normal' coming to breathe new life in to the joys of mopeds.

May have to revise the mission statement ehh... https://www.mopedarmy.com/main/mission/

Re: Electric Mopeds

We really don't care what's in the "mission statement"

Re: Electric Mopeds

Electric mopeds have their place iam sure, but not with me. what motorhead said. There is no such thing as clean vehicles. You know how much pollution and nature destruction goes into making those batteries, it’s orders of magnitude more than combustion engines. On top of the fact that they suck. see if your little electric scooter is still around in 40years let alone ridable. (edited)

Re: Electric Mopeds

dammit jay. lucky bastard, I keep my eyes on electric bicycles etc just for a chance at scoring a low cost battery or motor. shits aint cheap.

Re: Electric Mopeds

You need a motor I have some spares all 48v 500w but I have run them at 60v 900w continuous with no problem

20180919_153647.jpg
20180919_153659.jpg
20180919_153710.jpg

Re: Electric Mopeds

The one apart is being modified and I cut the rim off cause I'm gonna run it as a mid drive need more torque

Re: Electric Mopeds

Is an electric moped a bike that requires more battery then pedaling?

The super 73 is a pedal assist bike that has a full throttle mode.

I personally think that once the battery tech improves hopefully we can get some slightly more affordable well rounded e-bikes/peds.

Because Some of them can go just as fast as some old stock mopeds.

I think it'll either A catch on very well or B die due to automotive companies trying to kill them.

Re: Electric Mopeds

Pedal assist sucks good thing it's not required in USA

USA law is 750w and 20mph but ain't nobody gonna tell the difference between a 750w and a 10,000w motor by looking at it and and you don't go 80 past a cop on your motorcycle obviously you're not gonna do it on an ebike either

Re: Electric Mopeds

Probably Fred /

Electric mopeds/bikes China scooters are all usable to many people (but never me ever) but there should be another topic, another forum on moped army for these things !

not on off-topic ,off-topic should have nothing really to do with a two wheeled vehicle as far as I’m concerned but a complete other forum and there should be another forum for motorcycles too why not !

The more forms the more advertising the better it is !

and while you’re at it Simon (you rule) you should make it so you can be be able to click on a page and see 100 items/threads at once Like it used to be !

before instead of clicking page after page after page to find a thread that you were looking for because everybody including me have shorter attention span nowadays!

Me and no one I know when they go to a treats website/parts site they click on the maximum amount of items you can see on one page unless on mobile small little phone !

Same thing with rockauto or anything else you want to see the most amount of items you can on one page so could just scroll down no just need to change page after page

I Haven't listing one item on the new site and set up because many people look at one or two pages what’s for sale and they don’t continue! I know many people who have items for sale but won’t put it on here because most users won’t click page after page after page just to find a see if an item has been sold or not!

Thanks to this site change eBay moped parts went through the roof because you could click on to see two hundred items at one time

Re: Electric Mopeds

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> Thanks to this site change eBay moped parts went through the roof

> f because you could click on to see two hundred items at one time

I'd like to see some proof of that^ , Ken .

Not just coincidental , either .

Re: Electric Mopeds

Probably Fred /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Ken Roff Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > Thanks to this site change eBay moped parts went through the roof

>

> > f because you could click on to see two hundred items at one time

>

> I'd like to see some proof of that^ , Ken .

>

> Not just coincidental , either .

My proof is having mopeds since 1977 and two stroke motorcycles, carts and minibikes even before that!

I came on this site in 2009 just to sell my excess parts and help with repairs of mopeds I already had several reed kitted 55 mph mopeds,

(actually my son finally convinced me to go on the computer that he gave me couple years prior otherwise it was just swap meets, shops and word-of-mouth)

I did not come here to learn how to tune, not to learn how to do anything two-stroke wise really but some info that was posted by other people was helpful to me and I appreciate it !

My two hobbies were vintage mopeds/2t bikes, vintage guitars and equipment both of them are completely ruined by the Internet!

As far as swap meets and brick and mortar stores that stopped being or were just ridiculous because they went off of Internet prices when you want to ask about item they punched it right into the computer and pick the highest price that they were going for on eBay !

I’ve never sold anything on eBay ever,

I sold all my stuff here to friends all across the country and Canada or to treats and A few other now defunct moped places,

My problem is now that my friends that were a decade or so older than me are all gone:(

I would do a lot more moped wise if I can find someone in my area that had machine shop, spray booth blasting cabinet, oven for powder coat, welding area and a huge storage area but they were all in their 70s and were my mentors but are all gone:(

My one car garage is packed and I had to give up my storage space I shared with one of my deceased friends because I couldn’t afford it and now I can’t do what I want or even buy a whole truck full of bikes for $300 like I used to even if they came up for sale there would be nowhere to put them!

As late as even 11-12 years ago I had a few friends that had pole barns, Quonset huts and the like so we could buy a bunch of bikes fix them up and sell them for cheap or part about if they weren’t able to be fixed but not now,

I used to sell parts here on buy +sell relatively cheap to keep the vintage moped hobby going,

I mean if you looked at my posts I sold more magnum tanks, seats, all kinds of brands of engines and wheels pretty much more than anybody until they changed this site to only seeing a few items at a time on a page,

Not scooters, electric bikes, not mountain bikes with China motors but the vintage moped hobby (and 2t small motorcycles) as far as I’m concern that’s the only thing that matters,

Yes things change but everybody knows vintage cars, vintage bikes, vintage guitars equipment, vintage anything will always be the coolest and super high eBay prices prove this point.

When I’m long gone and all you people/Youngins are forced to drive self driving Electric cars, bikes and like in a complete Socialist run country/state I’ll be looking down at ya sad because you missed feeling the two stroke power band when it kicks in !

Re: Electric Mopeds

Who changed Kens pacemaker battery? Sesh!

Re: Electric Mopeds

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I'll agree with Ken. I always go to the pages with the most listings. Way easier.

Re: Electric Mopeds

Thanks for sharing your history , Ken . Interesting .

No offense , but , it doesn't prove anything about any possible correlation between this site and Ebay .

And , the pages on my computer load quicker than I can blink my eyes . I highly doubt the # of listings per page has anything to do with the success of this or any other site .

If you want/need something , you'll look until you find it , whether there's a single or a thousand listings per page .

Re: Electric Mopeds

Ken why do you rant about the same stupid crap on every thread

Gonna start calling you targaped

Re: Electric Mopeds

You're wrong, there's only (I think) 3 states that still use coal for a majority of their electric power generation. in spite of what the orange-painted shitgibbon has promised, coal is NOT coming back.

Re: Electric Mopeds

> Moped Jay Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You morons will never get the point

>

> > Pacer Racer Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Alex hernandez Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I agree with Ken. fuck electric, they are not vintage mopeds.

>

> >

>

> > I agree with both of you because most electric power plants are

> burning

>

> > coal or polluting the environment with radioactive waste.

I wouldn't go so far as to call any of these ebikes mopeds. Maybe eped at most.

The point??

You explained the point flipping for dollars.

Nothing about electricity excites me.....boring actually. Mundane. No challenge, character or personality compared to wrenching and riding combustion engines.

Ya, it may be the future but not my future. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account