Emil Kniemel /

> Emil Kniemel Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The way he pronounces Puch reminds me of this:

>

Edit: I guess maybe he's Dutch?

Re: BrapCast Featuring Moped Magazine!

Dirty30 Dillon /

For someone who claims to be an artist, nearly all of the artistic/creative content on the website is just re-purposed logos and stolen images from an infamous NYC schwindler.

According to the Urban Dictionary a “moper” is someone who exposes themselves to blind people.

^^

> Everything you ever wanted to know about the upcoming

> print magazine just about mopeds and "Mopers"!

Heard the centerfold is slated to be a classy shot of Jalal evading the police on a TaoTao while blasting au naturel through the Braille Institute. :D

The comment I made tagging Timo in the pic of him got deleted. I tried again. Seems rude to post a picture of someone and not even allow them to be identified.

> alex ganz Wrote:

> ^^

>

> > Everything you ever wanted to know about the upcoming

>

> > print magazine just about mopeds and "Mopers"!

>

> Heard the centerfold is slated to be a classy shot of Jalal evading the

> police on a TaoTao while blasting au naturel through the Braille

> Institute. :D

He wouldn’t ride a Tao Tao. It’s him pushing a seized Lambretta au naturel, well, wearing a gas mask, through the Braille Institute while evading the police.

Honestly. While the concept seems cool. I don't feel we need Identity politics in mopeds.

Everyones welcome but I feel there's a political push by these people to "control" what mopeds look like and are. I'm pretty sure If the community banded together to make one big blog? or even a magazine it would work.

I don't hate this person. But I feel their intentions may no be pure hearted.

I like the idea of a moped Magazine. I really do. But somethings rubbing me the wrong way.

I'd love to see articles written by some of the major community members and group leaders though. Funny Stories or even how to fix something.

I would buy it.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The realistic percentage that this will ever see digital publication, let alone physical print, is hovering around 15%.

I hope that no one has pre-ordered any of this, as I foresee it going poorly.

> Justin Vorhis Wrote:

> According to the Urban Dictionary a “moper” is someone who exposes

> themselves to blind people.

Yeah, the idea is cool, but I listened to the BrapCast and a few soundbites resonated; First, there was mention of the print-issues as potential "collectibles," then numerous comments pertaining to the product's origins. Regarding the latter, factors included, among other things, speculation of the existence of a large potential market that's afraid/insecure/rejected by existing sources, and technical difficulties with existing sources.

Assume market is current and potential mopers. Unless this is the magazine that shifts the curve, the market is mature (discounting the current black-swan swell in interest from "hipsters") - and saturated; I just cannot see a sizable population avoiding this hobby solely due to intimidation or inaccessibility (and if accessibility is an issue, factor in that the magazine will likely be more accessible than an actual moped).

But even if this weren't true, isn't there saturation? What is the product? Tutorials?

Print needs to offer something truly magical these days to compete with the internet; hell, even Life couldn't pull that off. If the purpose is to create a hard-copy clone of 77Garage, wouldn't it lose it's critical base once 77 fixed the technical glitch plaguing it (moreover, if 77Garage is being consciously neglected, isn't that a worse sign)?

Good periodicals are born from a missing voice - a need to share novel or desired information that's not being made available. And this is the critical element, because as reasonably priced as subscriptions are (and I do feel they are, btw), competing with the $0.00 price point of this forum, 77Garage, Reddit, 49ccScoot, ScootDawg, even sites like Pipeburn to a small extent (love that site), is going to be an uphill battle.

With that said, and as long as its intentions are in the right place, I honestly do wish this magazine the best of luck.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> alex ganz Wrote:

> Good periodicals are born from a missing voice - a need to share novel

> or desired information that's not being made available.

THIS, PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS

I'd pay money to subscribe to a newsletter that only featured content from Scootertrash and Jbot

> alex ganz Wrote:

> Good periodicals are born from a missing voice - a need to share novel

> or desired information that's not being made available. And this is the

> critical element, because as reasonably priced as subscriptions are (and

> I do feel they are, btw), competing with the $0.00 price point of this

> forum, 77Garage, Reddit, 49ccScoot, ScootDawg, even sites like Pipeburn

> to a small extent (love that site), is going to be an uphill battle.

>

I would like to throw my blog into the mix with these Moped Rich: Moped build blog

I also like pipeburn so I created a blog inspired by it but for only mopeds.

^^ Wow dude. That sites going to have a marked impact on my productivity at work. Really though, it's terrific, and I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't already know about it.

Full apologies for not mentioning you above sir. (edited)

> alex ganz Wrote:

> ^^ Wow dude. That sites going to have a marked impact on my

> productivity at work. Really though, it's terrific, and I'm a bit

> embarrassed I didn't already know about it.

>

> Full apologies for not mentioning you above sir.

No worries, i'm not doing enough to get it out there and letting more people know of it.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> DJLou Magnetos ($M$) Wrote:

>

> No worries, i'm not doing enough to get it out there and letting more

> people know of it.

I enjoy checking it out now and then when I have a free moment. :D

> Benjamin The Wandering Pacer Wrote:

>

> I enjoy checking it out now and then when I have a free moment. :D

This is probably best, allows for time to create more articles on builds. I'm working on creating 3 new articles a week.

Yooooo. This.....

> Emil Kniemel Wrote:

>

> Edit: I guess maybe he's Dutch?

Just because he is the only American who takes the time to learn how to properly pronounce Puch doesn't make him Dutch. (He still can't pronounce the "g" properly, but at least he tries.)

All the other things he says about the Netherlands and Dutch moped culture are false btw.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> All the other things he says about the Netherlands and Dutch moped

> culture are false btw.

THANK YOU.

You can't produce a publication on a niche culture, while only existing outside the bubble.

Emil Kniemel /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > Emil Kniemel Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > Edit: I guess maybe he's Dutch?

>

> Just because he is the only American who takes the time to learn how to

> properly pronounce Puch doesn't make him Dutch. (He still can't

> pronounce the "g" properly, but at least he tries.)

>

> All the other things he says about the Netherlands and Dutch moped

> culture are false btw.

Yeah i was making an assumption based on living in the Netherlands and all that other name dropping he does. So conversely, i find it more pretentious about how he's saying Puch but its cool that you appreciate it.

He's from Savannah, GA but does all he can to deny it.

business model for the mag doesn't seem to make the most sense—and running ads in it is very much preaching to the choir

Probably be better off starting a GoFund Me Page... See if he can get $-$$$ to cover 1st run. Then you could gauge interest • Honest™

Ugh. Since it got bumped again. There's also the fact that two years ago dude turned his nose up at anything that wasn't a vintage Vespa or Lambretta scooter then after getting run out of the local Vespa shop for talking shit on a bike they had up for sale he suddenly found mopeds and started kissing up to the Atlanta boys since Savannah was over his nonsense.

It is interesting to consider his background - dude's father was a really notable artist and character:

http://www.savannahnow.com/accent/2016-09-19/savannah-artists-work-featured-smithsonians-new-african-american-museum

The parts about not wanting dweebs in our culture rubs me wrong. And the part of mopeders being to rough around the edges for a significant group of people. This whole attitude seems to judge people by appearance and not character. Like define a dweeb? With talk like this I think they are the dweebs.

"We lean more toward girls" paraphrasing... Um, as a journalistic endevor looking into our culture, you don't get to "lean". I mean you can, this is America. But you won't get support from me.

This is a place for anyone and everyone. And indeed there are people here and at rallies that represent all walks of life, genders, and races. This outlook seems smallminded, jaded, and limited.

No thanks.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account