Tomas

So I'm cleaning my lady friends'89 Tomos bullet. And found the exhaust end comes off, and the baffles pull out. Can't wait for the tank cleaning is done to hear what it sounds like! BTW....It states 49CC on registration, should this being peaking out at 40 mph?..

Re: Tomas

Registrations lie . ;)

Probably Fred /

Check 1,2, 3 and (a) (b) (c) then you can get a plate!

that’s all you need to worry about !

If you don’t then you will need a title which most mopeds don’t come with, then you will need a motorcycle license or endorsement and then motorcycle insurance and they may not give it to you because it’s not a motorcycle it’s a moped so it’s a catch 22

The A3SL is the 20mph model, A3GM is the 25mph model and A3SP is the 30mph model. Tomos speedometers are notoriously optimistic.

Maybe optimistic, but after riding my Vespa, working speedo ,top 25 mph downhill! The Tomos rips,BTW it has a working speedo.

thats it! just switch yr tomos speedo to your vespa if ya really wanna go faster.

Thinking about it Pat!

Ohio sucks

Why so?!

I'm against imprisonment for victimless crimes. Fuck Ohio. Fuck the police state. Fill out a form wrong and go to jail! How uniquely American. That's why Ohio and nearly every other state in this nation built on false notions of rights and freedoms sucks.

Edward Snowden for president 2020- (edited)

I thought everybody knew we all live under the illusion of " freedom"

Charles McCusker /

> Null and Void Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm against imprisonment for victimless crimes. Fuck Ohio. Fuck the

> police state. Fill out a form wrong and go to jail! How uniquely

> American. That's why Ohio and nearly every other state in this nation

> built on false notions of rights and freedoms sucks.

>

> Edward Snowden for president 2020-

What also bugs me, is that while there is no such thing as an approved moped list anymore in ohio (not that it stopped me from registering stuff that wasn't on it), mopeds that have been legal in ohio since the 70s are no longer legal as mopeds. dumb legislation change probably made by people who don't know mopeds. I'd really like to know why they made the change, and possibly if it was stop some loophole with scooters or something else. That or they are trying to get them off the roads...

Well Charles, I'm gonna register my'78 Vespa Thursday. I have no knowledge of any lists. My friend just got plates on her Tomos last week , no problem. I ' ll check back after my BMV visit. Could you tell me more of the list you mentioned ?

Charles McCusker /

like I said there is no such thing as an approved moped list ANYMORE. it used to be to register a moped in ohio, it was basically it needed pedals, less than a 2hp engine, less than 50cc and couldn't go over 30mph. they got rid of the approved list, but they made the requirements for lower hp and lower top speed, which is stupid.

Today I went for plates. The lady who was there asked for a title. No title,she phone clerk of courts, they stated it just has to be registered. She also called someone about the list you mentioned. The new bmv 1045 form eliminates the list.

P.S. a lot of the senior members here have mentioned, if it's registered, you can always modify it .just don't get caught speeding.

Yea, if you do need a title, and don't have one (I had this problem for my 50cc motorcycles, would be same for scooters) I've had success with the "VT trick". You can register in Vermont without a title, get a plate, and use the plate to transfer to Ohio and get an ohio title and tag issued. Like I have 2 ohio titles now for bikes which never had a title. that's cool.

also there are zero cops in the state (well maybe one who owns a moped...) who actually know the details of that new form. they'll ask you how bigs the engine, check that the plate is for a moped (maybe even check the color and make match) and then decide whether to be a dick or let you go. it's got very little to do with the laws because why would they bother to know those laws.

Re: Roams

Sir, I just got plates today in Ohio. No title needed. They just registered it.

I've got 3 bikes previously registered by me as owner. That's all I need. One for FL and one or two for Ohio.

Easy peasy Don.....

Charles McCusker /

Just wanted to shoot an update into this thread as it was recent.

I just updated my registration on my magnum today at ohio bmv. they didn't have me fill out and sign the form, just a renewal. so no where on it did they have me state that it went 20mph, 1hp etc etc...

your right, u dont need title in ohio just pay for registration.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account