Looking for International Moped Shipping

Does anyone have any recommendations for international shipping? I really want to bring this Moto BImm 4 speed Minarelli P4/A out to California from the UK.

All the quotes I received so far have been pretty steep, 1.2K+

Moped.png

Re: Looking for International Moped Shipping

Dirty30 Dillon /

Gotta pay to play. Taxes, etc. are a lot as are all the dealings with customs.

If 1.2k guarantees it arrives in California at your shipping terminal, that's a reasonable price.

Emil Kniemel /

take it apart and ship it in pieceS?

That's only about 22 cents per mile . I don't think you could ride it that far for the same amount .

Bad Cadillac™ /

You get what you pay for!

Charles McCusker /

i just had to freight a double length pallet with less than 100lbs on it from ohio to florida and it still cost $400. I'd say that $1200 is pretty damn decent from UK to CA

Taking it apart should probably drop prices a little. Also, a box with 20 kilos shipped to the US costs around 70/80 euro, so partitioning the moped might also be cheaper.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

You’re thinking about it all wrong. And is that even a moped?

If it has pedals you can remove the engine and maybe tank and bring it on the plane as a bicycle. And then you can ship the engine or try and stuff it in your bags.

But that looks like a motorcycle. Rich people ship race cars and motorcycles back and forth to the UK all the time because they’re rich.

If you do go the Pallet way

Or better yet get a Small Quad-Con

Think about Hookin with someone &

Puttin multiple bikes in there for transport.

(Pic for affect)

db392edc-a58f-11e5-9ff6-79f932d3d7d0.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

There has been so many awesome bikes ive seen overseas but it always come back to the fact that its just not worth the shipping in most cases. We missed out on so many good models here in the states.

So new set of hurdles, will you even be able to register it once it comes back. That model may have never been forsale in the US and therefore is not recognized by your states licensing agency or the EPA. No EPA endorsement = no plate.

there have been some interesting imports. but almost without question it's gonna be a better idea to sell it there and buy something here.

or hell, just light it on fire, save 1200 bucks, and buy something rad for 1200...

like - can it be done cheaper? yah. but cheap cheap? no way... can it be made worthwhile? doubt it.

unless you've got 1200 in sentiment tied up in it, ditch and replace.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

When I retire on Roatan someday I might just have to be content with a used Zuma from the local rental spot because getting even parts shipped to some areas of the world is a risky affair. Corrupt borders mean anything that looks valuable is often stolen.

They don’t even have mail in Honduras. Someone who wants to send a package puts in the belly of a bus and texts their friend on the other end to go the station and get it when it arrives.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account