IMG_20180716_201255.jpg

Re: Interstate Annihilator: 140cc Dual e50's

Dirty30 Dillon /

But is it worth it

Nice work Snordly!

Woah. Case inducted.

Can't quite see how the top motor is connected to the bottom. Got any better pics?

I like the little grease guard on the top motor.

Totally normal JBOT /

Snords!

dire need of more details.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

> A2 Andrew Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can't quite see how the top motor is connected to the bottom. Got any

> better pics?

image.jpg

This is fucking whack. I swear i was just eyeballing my mk2 magnum this weekend with this same idea, only with a ZA on the bottom and somehow timing the cranks together with a chain. Good job my man.

I'd imagine this thing can give of some strange harmonic vibrations depending on where both motors are in their stroke until and after both clutches go in to full lockup.

> A2 Andrew Wrote:

> Woah. Case inducted.

>

> Can't quite see how the top motor is connected to the bottom. Got any

> better pics?

>

> I like the little grease guard on the top motor.

It probably does catch some fling , but maybe it's actually suppose to be a chain guard .

Being the gear ratio is 16/40 it should be real quick but limit top end.....I A .... is the right name for it...Now you gotta up-gear the XXX out of it with all that torque....

cropped-IAFavicon.png

Very cool!

I mean sure you could think of all sort of things that could theretically be wrong but the very clear point is that it does work and probably works pretty damned well. those are the details I want! It's definitely gotta benefit from taller gearing

Pretty neat just running a single chain for the whole thing, simple elegant solution!

also interested in the specifics, case induction details, this is neat. It's like one of those things that nags in everyones mind like what if... but it's right here, and we can get answers to the what ifs! and not just one, like a buncha different whatifs.

does it really have twice the power?

any glaring pitfalls or issues to resolve, lessons learned?

how's the case induction feel? any good learns there to share?

No pedal chain, no pull start(s), do you bump start it?

> A2 Andrew Wrote:

> No pedal chain, no pull start(s), do you bump start it?

The clutch cable is connected so bump/push starting it should do the trick. Just wondering if both clutches are engaged by the push start lever (at least thats what we call it over here) and if so how is the cable split?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Left and right starter levers, one for now, one for later. Are there two throttles also? Hmmm.

I was thinking...You could probably bump start one engine first and then once you start rolling pull the second clutch handle and start the second motor with power from the first...Fuckin nuts....

Probably Fred /

Very cool !

Puchs rule !

Probably Fred /

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> Being the gear ratio is 16/40 it should be real quick but limit top

> end.....I A .... is the right name for it...Now you gotta up-gear the

> XXX out of it with all that torque....

Ya that’s a 17x36 or 18x40 gearing bike if not taller

He was talking of down gearing for a little more thrilling of a ride. One of his engines seized on the ride last night. They were about 90 degrees off cht. Hard to say why, but I'm guessing the top engine had a leak somewhere and it was getting dragged along by the one that was running okay. He's gonna tune one engine at a time then link them together once they run close enough to the same.

I wonder how the different lengths of pipes effects performance .

And he's got a leak . There seems to be fresh 'liquid' on the pipes .

Anyway , it's definitely outside the box . I like it . ;)

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Fuckin' Aye!!! AWESOME.

Here I am. I should have spent some more time tuning but it was Moped Monday and a hot night so why not take a spin. Its possible the fuel head pressure was low to that top carb. The routing of the intakes wasn't what I usually like because of space limitations. I may ditch the Malossi reeds and fit some AV10s on there to get a better intake arrangement. Case inducting a Puch is easy if you stick to the Malossi or smaller reed arrangements and i have proved to myself that small reeds are fine for case induction since the intake timing is so long. So I just have to get that engine back on line and tune em up. I did get about 3,5 miles in and enough time to experience the power. Its as you would imagine---real fun. I will have to still hold back some because I only have a 12mm axle on it and I have broken those with just one engine identicle to these. To get a narrow enough rear hub to get the chain line right i'll buy a block of billet and turn it on my lathe, also use heavier gauge spokes. Its got Pirelli city demons from our pals at Treats. Seems to handle like a champ. Pinto frame with K-10s up front that I preloaded the springs with 1 inch spacers. It makes a lot of electricity too so I have some fun plans to put all those watts to use.

Oh and don't worry about those pipes, they are both store bought 6Ps. One just looks longer because the top engine is sitting further aft.

> Flagrant - Wrote:

> Oh and don't worry about those pipes, they are both store bought 6Ps.

> One just looks longer because the top engine is sitting further aft.

I see the motors are not 'symmetrically' mounted . Likely because of frame allowances .

On closer inspection , I see that you had to angle the upper a bit .

I think it may be a bit of optical illusion as to the length .

So , with all that extra wattage , are you gonna run some landing lights ? ;)

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Way Cool !!!

> P D Wrote:

> I wonder how the different lengths of pipes effects performance .

>

> And he's got a leak . There seems to be fresh 'liquid' on the pipes .

>

> Anyway , it's definitely outside the box . I like it . ;)

I noticed that too but I hate when someone does rad shit and then people nitpick minor details. Appreciate the rad!

Not tryna call you out, woulda just been a shitty thing to lead with earlier in the story

I like the reeds idea a lot, seems simple enough and dang ole slick. And the way they're tied together single chain is so easy and obvious- good call. Something is tryn over complicate.

But the rear wheel trying to chuck up and lathe a whole hub and relace to the original rims, that does seem over complicated maybe. Cool, but much less approachable...

there's no dirt bike or more solid 415/420 wheels that could work? Like passport c70 maybe or something

This is cool! Real good job. I am itching for more pics of the setup!

The concept was to make a durable twin for everyday day use in the most simple way possible. I had a lot of Puch stuff lying around. Simple as it is, all the structure needs to be beefed up for the twist the added power causes. I don't know the make of the swingarm but I made it more rigid welding angle iron along the sides. Forward of the engine mounts I could maintain a more typical moped structure. I have yet to find a hefty rear hub featuring the 15mm axle I plan to use that is narrow enough to accomodate the moped chain line. For most hubs I would have had to hang the engines 3 and one half inches to port of center. Making a hub and lacing a wheel feels minor to what I went through getting all the shit lined up and contained in the existing confines and still maintain a a frame of moped origin. Just trying to keep it as moped as possible.

The engines themselves are nothing new. I have been doing the case reed routine for some time. I recommend using the PZ19 ( actually a 16mm venturi) $13.00 shipped ebay China Mikuni for the carb.

And the wet spots on the pipe were caused by me shutting down the upper engine by putting my had over the mouth of the carb and causing gas to spew out onto the pipe.

I can put about 8 hours into repair and tuning today.

Oh and my thoughts on gearing up. The engine design I use will hit 60mph plus easily with one engine with 17x45 gearing. Do I really want to go a maybe 90 mph on this thing sustained? Nope. 70 mph is a sustained max speed I could feel comfortable on a nice long trip. Thus the 'lower gearing'. Also even though you have two engines here, the torque at low engine speed is still low and gearing up doesn't help. I am not a big fan of slipping clutches at the cost of short clutch life either. I fish scale my clutch arms to 12lbs. So this is how I came about the current gearing. Maybe if I have a long trip scheduled where I want to tiddle along at 8000 rpm I will gear up.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

snords, how the heck did I miss this one? so rad!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account