Sachs again.....

I cleaned carb out, everything looks good, went to check for spark and nothing, then I couldn't get the cover off to get to the points, etc.. any tips? seems easy to damage this cover.

Re: Sachs again.....

Matt Wilson /

I comes off but its a tight fit. Use a screwdriver and pry it off.

Use the biggest bluntest screwdriver you have, and try to keep it at an angle that puts pressure on the lip of the cover. Tap gently with a hammer, and work the top and bottom evenly. Sometimes if you have a big enough screwdriver, you can just twist it in that little recess, on the top and bottom, and that will be enough to pop it off.

Yea I tried a screwdriver in that recess and it didn't budge. I oiled it down last night and I'll give it another shot tonight. Thanks. Anything common once I get in their?

Just a flywheel and points under it, with enough room to get to them if you need it.

I usually end up pounding on the screwdriver with a hammer on the bottom recess, under the engine. There is kind of a lip all the way around you can pry on once it starts to move.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account