How Do I Convert My 1980 Sachs Prima G3 Pedal Moped into a Kickstart.

Would really love to convert it and also add in something that is above 50cc. I'm a first time moped owner.

Re: How Do I Convert My 1980 Sachs Prima G3 Pedal Moped into a Kickstart.

Sell the moped because apparently you want a scooter or motorcycle.

Why do it at all ? stock last longer and a 1-d can go up to 43 mph ...

Yeah ... I’d keep the G3 the way it is and build or buy up a kickstart ped - that way you still get to ride AND you get a second, kickstart moped! :)

Building a bike is super fun, and you get a lot out of it.... Just my opinion though ;)

Probably Fred /

> Don Sumpter (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why do it at all ? stock last longer and a 1-d can go up to 43 mph ...

My ass,

I’ve owned several, they’re slower than dirt especially at take off they go 30ish stock on the flat if it’s a d engine and that’s about it,

I don't like having to get it started every time I stop. I don't know too much about mopeds maybe just my moped is difficult, or maybe everyone else is just better at getting theirs started, but I can't imagine actually going for a ride with stoplights involved.

That's exactly how I feel. I actually just replied almost the same message on another thread! Thanks for not making me feel crazy!

My D hit 33mph totally stock-crusty-barn-fresh. After a carb and pipe and bigger front sprocket, it would do 38.

Charles McCusker /

it should stay running at a stop, you've got bigger problems. I've riden a properly tuned/maintained 1-d all day at a rally and it was an easy to start stop and go joy. never felt the need for a kick start.

Thats good to know. Yeah, when I tried it out at the seller's house it was very easy, but after laying it on its side and transporting it home, it has been far less easy to work with. I just don't know what to do. And I have knee problems, so continuously trying to get it started is hard on me

@Ken ~Crazy Wayne tuned my semi stock SACHS and many times it has hit 43 mph on flat roads ... so kindly keep your worthless opinions 2 yourself , thank-you and have a nice day ..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account