Re: How to get your wife on board with you buying your first Moped?

My wife bought me my first moped as in since being with her and buys me all the parts I want. She loves gardening well killing flowers so I get what I want she gets what she wants. My bike is kitted and has a lot of my work and time in it I just don't work on it much with her home so my hobby doesn't take time away from her. She thinks my moped is bad ass and rides it around the block often I got lucky her dad is a moped guy and she grew up around them. Let her ride it once she will get moped faced smiling from ear to ear.

Bringback2Ts Plz /

This has worked for me...

download.jpeg

^never lie to your so/wife/gf, they will find out and it will go badly for you, being in a relationship means trusting each other. Tell her what you want to do, and why. Never put her second, if buying a bike takes away from your bills, don't do it. I love my bikes, but I would love a wife more. One day you will be too old to ride, but you will never be too old to be in love.

And I do both.

Charles McCusker /

It wasn't hard. After I went to the MCR rally in 2016 as my first ride, and rode a nice d motor sachs g3 (thanks Miranda) and I was hooked. My wife thought it was cool how much I enjoyed it, so when a cheap magnum popped up for sale that needed rebuilt, and she told me I needed to buy it. Then she shortly after bought a really nice pacer for herself. Now she makes me go out to the garage to work on em. I got lucky.

I have other friends who's spouse legit gets MAD about mopeds, so that sucks.

> Charles McCusker Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It wasn't hard. After I went to the MCR rally in 2016 as my first ride,

> and rode a nice d motor sachs g3 (thanks Miranda) and I was hooked. My

> wife thought it was cool how much I enjoyed it, so when a cheap magnum

> popped up for sale that needed rebuilt, and she told me I needed to buy

> it. Then she shortly after bought a really nice pacer for herself. Now

> she makes me go out to the garage to work on em. I got lucky.

>

> I have other friends who's spouse legit gets MAD about mopeds, so that

> sucks.

Sounds like your friends wife needs to have a chat with your wife . So , your wife can tell her about the glories of having time to herself and still knowing exactly where you are . ;)

> I have other friends who's spouse legit gets MAD about mopeds, so that

> sucks.

Their (the wifes or girldriends) are not actually getting mad, its "tude". Its the worst thing in the world to deal with, its bullshit! Why do they give a fuck if u want a moped?

It was easy..

I wanted to get another motorcycle (she knew my history with motorcycles).. she said she wasn't about me getting hurt again.

So I got a moped instead.. then made the moped go really fast.

Welp. LOL.

> Derek Cox Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > I have other friends who's spouse legit gets MAD about mopeds, so that

>

> > sucks.

>

> Their (the wifes or girldriends) are not actually getting mad, its

> "tude". Its the worst thing in the world to deal with, its bullshit!

> Why do they give a fuck if u want a moped?

Sometimes it's about nothing other than control .

Divorce

First find out the problem with getting a moped,safety or lost time spent with her,control issue,money issue? I would probably make the first one a reliable running one that you can make grocery beer runs on safely,as in don't get on the main roads right away. My hobby at least pays for itself and I try not to work on them when she is home. You can get a moped for just as much as a expensive handbag(or 2).

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account