surge and bogging

.........i've got an 82 eagle1 ........and at 22 it flatens out........i know it should be doing about 30.......at least thats what bj told me at handy.........the plug chop does'nt look to bad........it might be a touch lean.........but i dont think enough to cause this.............im running a 50 :1 mix and a bosch super RO 842 plug.........it sometimes will surge like it wants to go 30.....but then backs right off....and holds right about 22-23............and the sound changes from what it should sound like to kinda a ........bllllllllllaaaaaaaaa..............it seems to me it needs more fuel.......but i dont know ........it kinda acts like it has a govener on it..................does anybody know...also......and in conclusion..... what is the right plug?......................

Re: surge and bogging

Ron Brown /

Vapor,

Try a short test run without the air box and filter.

Ron

....i will give that a try .........thanks.........

STOP WITH the .............. ............. ...............

.........thats how i fucking write.....if you dont like it ......dont read my posts............btw.........thats pretty fucking stupid to let that bother you .................

Vapor, chill with the prophanity on our site! There are other ways to get your point across without offending people. Thanks.

I know what you mean about the secondary bllllaaaaa as you are getting near top speed. That's what mine does. I always thought it was the clutch fully engaging. I usually pick up a little speed after it makes this noise, but not much.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=31844&t=31844

This is a thread that I made that tells which plugs I tried for my sachs. The champion turned out the best.

Also check that your exhaust is still clean and clear.

Which head and pipe do you have? The square one is better than the tapered one.

......i have the square head and a 24/40km pipe.........i ran it without the air box and it helped alittle........up from 22-23 to 25-26............im still not happy tho.........i think i should be doing a solid 30 mph.........im gonna drill a few holes in the air box........and do a plug chop.........i assume i'll have to richen it up..........i'll grab a champ 811c later today............what does your sachs run...........mph wise?........

Your pipe may be the problem. the 24/40km pipe is shorter than the others, and has less area for the exhaust to escape. You may want to drill it out.

There is a 10mm bolt in the center of the pipe, on the back. After you remove the bolt, and the exhaust tip, there is a plate there with a few holes in it. You can either drill a few new holes in it, or enlarge the ones you have there. I'd only do a little at a time, and see if that improves the performance. You don't want to go nuts, because you'll loose back pressure.

You also may have the small head pipe, which is under 1" across. The bigger ones are just over 1".

Did you go up to handy bikes, or call... he may have the 30mph pipe.

I use a sachs pipe that was made for mini bikes that were 50cc's It looks kinda weird, it's all chrome, and has a little pipe sticking out the side instead of a normal looking tip.

Mine was going just over 30 but not quite 35 but, the speedo cable broke. I need to replace it because I think I'm going faster now. I need to find someone to drive next to me to tell me for sure, because I've been passing people in a 30mph zone........but this is Lubbock and people drive sssslllooowwww here.

........i drilled it ......the baffel in the pipe......but it didnt help.......ive got the big head pipe..........but i've got a proma circuit im gonna put on it this weekend.........i hope it will help...........it did my pa50II..........so we'll see soon...........are there any other tweeks i can do.......i drilled the air box and took it out and now it seems to be back at 22-23 again.........................

Did you do anything to the carb interenaly??. try de-carbonizing the carb with carb cleaner. Do all the jets and make sure they are all flowing properly.

Frank

My...name.....is....vapor.....I'm a f*cking homo...no one likes me.....Im too stupid to fix my own moped....Im a loser who writes like a......fag....

........................grow up and fuck off........nicky.....................

......i cleaned the carb pretty well with carb cleaner..........then took it down to handy bikes and had it tuned and timed ....ect.....but it still wont kick in.........the pipe is new......but im gonna put a proma pipe on it this weekend and see what that does.........i still would like to get it running 30 like it should tho.........before i put the proma on it................

..........I suck.......................and no....one....likes me

.......go blow nicky....thats a neat trick...........since you e mailed me .......check your's.........................

Nicky Boyho /

i do say.......nicky................if you are going to imatate me.........you need to put more...............'s in the last two runs......................

Nicky Boyho /

...btw.......moron...(a.k.a.........nicky....)...im columbus.rr.com .......not 200.193.46.--- .....................do.....you ..........see..................

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account