Nyc moped parking

Hi all new to this moped Game want to know how u guys park your moped specially In manhattan because I want to take it to work do u all just park on the sidewalk and chain it up on something or on Bike rack.(edited)

Re: Nyc moped parking

theres a summons for parking a moped on a sidewalk. so park it in the street or on a bike rack, or in a parking lot and try to park as close to a tree or telephone pole as possible so you can chain your bike to it.

If park on the street still have to pay for the meters as a car right best option is park on a buck rack I think .

Andrew Squiggman /
E37811C6-88FD-475C-A959-250DD5D6F60F.jpeg

Dirty30 Dillon /

Via the law, you can't park a moped on any sidewalk, whether it's in a bike rack or not.

That said, you can get away with chaining to racks or poles. But they might cut your chain and just take the bike, or ticket you

I just started using a parking garage and the $150 a month for a top notch neighborhood is very good. You have a lot less to worry about and the garage has insurance. I live in hood so I can't park it on the street. I make deliveries on my moped so I need 24 hour access, if you don't need that you can probably get a spot even cheaper. Feel free to inbox me if you want the address of a good garage

I think park on the street will be very risky Specially with small moped Like ours just get my 1990 tomos golden bullet very easy to get Take way Even I chain it up on the wheels I know some part on manhattan can park on street and don’t have to pay for it but don’t feel save leave it there all day and pick it up after work.(edited)

i lock up my moped to poles all the time.... i got a tomos sprint in Olive green which camouflages really well with the city. A top tank moped might draw more attention. There is no way i will park my moped like a motorcycle. Makes no sense its so small.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I lock up inside my gate at home, and street park with chain and cover when I commute to work. Last 3 times I tried chaining on the sidewalk in Hell's Kitchen I had to shoo away the police with grinders in their hands

I just park my moped yesterday on street like a motorcycle only chain it up on back of the wheels With no cover on the bike it was very sketchy but go thing the bike steel there when i done work at night I park very close to parking garage is a good spot always have car move in and out .(edited)

Houston Terrazas /

What garage do you use?

I went to visit my friend who lives in an apartment complex by the FDR in the east village. I parked in the motorcycle parking they had (there was one open spot left) but my chain was too short to reach the nearest pole. So what I did was lock it to the motorcycle next to me that had a cover on it. It was midnight and freezing out so figured the odds of them going for a midnight ride was very super. Just in case, I wrote a note with my cell and attached it to my chain.

If I find myself in manhattan again and not near a pole, I plan on locking my front forks with my stock key lock and also chaining on the rear tire to the frame so it doesn't rotate. When my ped is has a lot of gas in it, it feels pretty heavy to me and I think it would be pretty awkward to try and carry it away. That being said, where there's a will there's a way.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've seen videos of three dudes snap the steering lock on CBR600 with just a section of 2*4 and lift it info a van in like 3 minutes.

I would highly advise against street parking overnight without being locked to something solid and a cover cinched over it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account