Re: moped "bike life" thread

Angry Hipster /

Epic!!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I wonder if you couldn't hack and weld a pitbike headstem on there- I bet even just swapping the forks/forktubes could help as the better suspension would put less stress on the bearings.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'll agree with Phoebe, properly dampening the impact from dropping back down is going to increase the longevity of your headset incredibly.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Braap Master Mope /

check out mopedwheelie on instagram, theyve got the wheelie game figured out

this dude almost eats shit while getting fresh with the one handed wheelie

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I follow them! Super cool dudes. They actually reposted one of my videos on their IG page if you look. Chatted with them online before and talked bikes and stuff

> Braap Master Mope Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> check out mopedwheelie on instagram, theyve got the wheelie game figured

> out

>

> this dude almost eats shit while getting fresh with the one handed

> wheelie

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I assumed bike life was a British Term used to refer to people who committed crimes and steal other motorbikes while riding them.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Never heard that one before. I always just thought that was called robbery.

> Colin C Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I assumed bike life was a British Term used to refer to people who

> committed crimes and steal other motorbikes while riding them.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Bike life video concerning the uk.

It seems mainly to be scooters. Either way this is where I was informed about it.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Colin C Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I assumed bike life was a British Term used to refer to people who

> committed crimes and steal other motorbikes while riding them.

Less Vice, More Nice

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Yeahh it's different in America. It has nothin to do with stealing and doesn't matter what you ride. It's just about the passion for stuntin and ridin with your friends, no drama, just fun. Whether it's a scooter, dirt bike, moped, streetbike, quad, any bike. Riding a wheelie is one of the most free feelings ive experienced, it's like the world stops and it's just you and the bike. It's addicting.

Obv there is a lot of criticsm from the law bc dirtbikes and quads aren't street legal and it's dangerous to wheelie in traffic. The thing is, bikelife in big US cities is a hobby that is keeping kids away from worse shit like drugs and REAL gangs.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Got my Maxi kicking and damn I got some work to do to keep my front wheel up. Hahaha

Re: moped "bike life" thread

the whole bike life thing in the u.k. is more a mass gathering of stunt/ agro riders on (mostly) unregistered machines being anti social knob heads, speeding, stunting and generally disregarding every other person on the road for rep points.

It's a street man ting innit blud, mans not a dick ed watch man wheelie blud.

It's slowing down a bit now and starting to get a bit more organised since the media picked up on them, the more well known "stunters" are cashing in starting "stunt classes" for younger riders at £25 an hour and trying to make "bike life" a brand selling clothing and hats and stuff, so they don't want the bad press as much.

The younger ones do the same on their push bikes mobbing around acting like cnuts. (edited)

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> prawny 1 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the whole bike life thing in the u.k. is more a mass gathering of stunt/

> agro riders on (mostly) unregistered machines being anti social knob

> heads, speeding, stunting and generally disregarding every other person

> on the road for rep points.

>

> It's a street man ting innit blud, mans not a dick ed watch man wheelie

> blud.

>

> It's slowing down a bit now and starting to get a bit more organised

> since the media picked up on them, the more well known "stunters" are

> cashing in starting "stunt classes" for younger riders at £25 an hour

> and trying to make "bike life" a brand selling clothing and hats and

> stuff, so they don't want the bad press as much.

>

> The younger ones do the same on their push bikes mobbing around acting

> like cnuts.

growing up in England sounds weird AF

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> England sounds weird AF

Re: moped "bike life" thread

This might get posted in Moped Problems vlog thread but whatever, it's relevant to this thread too. (Sorry Pete, I had to share!)

The homies at Tomos America / Second Stroke asked me to come try and wheelie a 2018 bone stock Sprint. So I did, and it was super fun! Not going to lie, I really like these new bikes. Can't thank the guys enough for letting me do this and trusting me with the bike!!!

I'm doin all these wheelies in 2nd gear. I could wheelie in 1st going slow, but it is very hard to keep balance when it goes to shift. It's possible but you would need a lot of time on the bike to be able to perfectly predict it. Same goes for downshifts in a wheelie.

Anyways, hope you enjoy. Still waiting for some of you guys to learn this so we can start doin stunt shows at rallies haha. PM me if ya want some pointers!!!! (edited)

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Pete Daddeo *YouTube: Moped Problems* /

Post away Max! Be proud! I can’t wheelie yet but I’ll keep practicing.

Thanks again for helping with the vid. We should do another one in the spring, maybe get a few more people in there.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Hellz yeah dude keep practicing!!!!!!!!

Tell Tomos to offer a rear disc brake option too haha

> Pete Daddeo *TOMOS AMERICA* Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Post away Max! Be proud! I can’t wheelie yet but I’ll keep practicing.

>

> Thanks again for helping with the vid. We should do another one in the

> spring, maybe get a few more people in there.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Nice vid's i always like the "moped problem" videos.

I also noticed this fun graffiti which reads "hoer", which is the dutch word for "whore"

IMG_20181004_125354.jpg

Re: moped "bike life" thread

do a kickflip

Re: moped "bike life" thread

no wheelies here yet, but ive been jumping the hell out of some street dips, we have a street that its basically 4 blocks of doubles, it will fuck your car up but it feels awesome on the ped. just waiting for my headset and fork to break off and go OTB.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Anti Moped Moped Club!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

That's bad ass! I'll hop off curbs and stuff but i'm scared to do bigger stuff. Plus suspension sucks on a ped.

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> no wheelies here yet, but ive been jumping the hell out of some street

> dips, we have a street that its basically 4 blocks of doubles, it will

> fuck your car up but it feels awesome on the ped. just waiting for my

> headset and fork to break off and go OTB.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That's bad ass! I'll hop off curbs and stuff but i'm scared to do bigger

> stuff. Plus suspension sucks on a ped.

I have to get some footy of the dumb shit i jump off of. Does that count as "bike life"?

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Short edit from yesterday. I am on the Maxi and my buddy was on his Zuma 125 4 stroke.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

So good! I have been trying to wheelie my ZA Maxi but god do I suck. I may down gear the front from 20x36 to 18x36. Nothing like a half ass 5 to 10 foot one. This shit is inspirational.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Thanks man!!

You should try to seat bounce/yank it up, give it gas and lean back! It'll come up. Watch my buddy on the Zuma. That bike is slower than my maxi and twice as heavy, but he just sits back really far and bounces it up. When you bounce on your seat, it compresses the rear suspension and takes all the weight off the front wheel for a split second. If you pull back and give it gas at this moment, it should come up. Eventually this becomes a fluid motion and you can seemingly make it pop up at anytime. Just be ready with the back brake or you'll flip.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

Max, please don't wheelie. It's dangerous and illegal, and immoral.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Max, please don't wheelie. It's dangerous and illegal, and immoral.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks man!!

>

> You should try to seat bounce/yank it up, give it gas and lean back!

> It'll come up. Watch my buddy on the Zuma. That bike is slower than my

> maxi and twice as heavy, but he just sits back really far and bounces it

> up. When you bounce on your seat, it compresses the rear suspension and

> takes all the weight off the front wheel for a split second. If you pull

> back and give it gas at this moment, it should come up. Eventually this

> becomes a fluid motion and you can seemingly make it pop up at anytime.

> Just be ready with the back brake or you'll flip.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a shot.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Angry Hipster /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Max, please don't wheelie. It's dangerous and illegal, and immoral.

Haha, immoral!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account