moped "bike life" thread

Just curious to see who else likes to goof around on their moped and do some "stunts"?? I am just learning how to wheelie my Puch and it's so much fun!! Ever since I got into mopeds I wanted to learn, but this winter I actually put the time in to practice.

For now it's just riding on the back wheel, I still have a LONGGG way to go. Once I re angle my pipe I can lean it back farther and hopefully start playing with some combos (one handed wheelie, ride circles, stand on seat, etc). Hell, maybe I'll try to jump the city pool.

Most videos I find of moped wheelies are from Europe. Those Swiss kids can ride! Lots of scooter wheelie vids out there, but i'm talking MOPED wheelies. Where my US riders at??!! Let's see what you got!!! What is your technique? What is your bike set up??

video from last night's ride

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I quit after crashing into too much stuff and almost knocking a friend into traffic. I definitely got no control. i'd love to beef up my wheelie game but the in between part where you crash all the time just seems to risky anymore.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I quit after crashing into too much stuff and almost knocking a friend

> into traffic. I definitely got no control. i'd love to beef up my

> wheelie game but the in between part where you crash all the time just

> seems to risky anymore.

Heard that! It's always best to practice in the grass or on dirt roads, softens the inevitable fall a bit and don't have to dodge cars. It's like they tell Pug in the 12 oclock boys documentary "hit the field, you'll get nice!" I had a very close call with traffic on my ke100 riding wheelies in Philly a few weeks back. It was my own dumb fault. Went back to riding parking lots till I felt more in control.

Back brake is crucial!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

my old variant would wheelie p good. I've never taken the time to learn to wheelie the right way. my xr100 race bike would be perfect to learn.

(edited)

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Niiice! You just made me want to put my flatreed back on my variant frame!! Also what you did there with your feet down is how I learned. Started with my feet as training wheels and learned how to balance it with throttle and brake control. Got a feel for the bikes balance point, where it feels weightless and u think your about to fall off but you dont. Then tried with one foot down and one on the peg/pedal. Then both feet up.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I had a trash bike that would wheelie real easy. I quit trying after almost slamming it into some parked cars.

I need to go find a field.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Alberto Einsteiner /

Yeah I got here do you willies in your stance then somebody will send a video to the cops and then the cops will come down on everybody and anybody on a moped next thing you know we have legislation to ban mopeds.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Alberto Einsteiner Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I got here do you willies in your stance then somebody will send a

> video to the cops and then the cops will come down on everybody and

> anybody on a moped next thing you know we have legislation to ban

> mopeds.

Someone's gonna read this, report it to the police, and I hope they enact legislation to ban your triflin' ass.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

If 20 years of moped rallies, blocking traffic, and kitted bikes blasting double the speed limit through neighborhoods / cities didn't get mopeds banned already, a wheelie wont.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Alberto Einsteiner /

Try it in San Francisco and report back with the impound paperwork in hand.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Alberto Einsteiner Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Try it in San Francisco and report back with the impound paperwork in

> hand.

There have been many rallies in SF, so this point is ridiculous.

And if you think the cops in SF are worse or more stringent than the police in NYC, you're deficient.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

anyway, back to mopad willies

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I found this video, looks to be from America. He's got the technique!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Josiah Radebaugh /

I don't really do things like that right now because.... In the area I live it's like a stunt not hitting pot holes. On Friday I bottomed out my front shock because of a pothole. But if I were to get something like a Puch I'd be a wheelieing

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Wheelie ???

You must be young and dumb . I know , I was there and did that .

Unless maybe you joined the circus and actually get paid to risk your face and well being . Then even ,NOPE .

You all should know that what you do today WILL affect what tomorrow brings .

I can assure you that little jar you got from landing on your ass at 15 MPH will haunt you and provide you with something to complain about . And , that's being real nice about it .

But , it is your life . It's up to you how you build it .

Re: moped "bike life" thread

dude potholes..... we have literal craters here in buffalo. roads in my nieghborhood are scary even in a car. i put shocks i found on a old enduro on my old maxi. huge difference. wana find some more. they were off a suzuki 175. rasied the back up about an inch or two but they made the road soooo smoooth

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I love to ride dangerously lol! I ride a lot with no hands or laying down with my back on the seat and legs and feet over handle bars, standing up with no hands, wheelies you name is haha been doing it since I was a teen my buddy says he cant stand to ride behind me as it scares him to death when I'm riding no hands on the bumpiest roads I usually rig my throttle with a rubber band to hold it. Wheelies are a bit tougher with my new bike due to lack of power and the wheel base is stretched out more along with the seating position its a Nu50 Urban Express but if you sit just right on the seat and bounce the front wheel up it can do a wheelie just not from power alone.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I quit after crashing into too much stuff and almost knocking a friend

> into traffic. I definitely got no control. i'd love to beef up my

> wheelie game but the in between part where you crash all the time just

> seems to risky anymore.

That part....hahah

After seeing you messing around at RVA you made me want to get my ZA50 going again and gear it back down to 18x36 instead of 20x36. I use to half as wheelie like a 1/4 of a block. Thought I was cool...... I think I figured out what I am going to fix next in my shop.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Crazy kids....................you've got the Steve Erwin syndrome and you know what happened to him finally.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Crazy kids....................you've got the Steve Erwin syndrome and

> you know what happened to him finally.

wait, were all going to get stabbed in the heart by a sting ray?

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Null and Void Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Crazy kids....................you've got the Steve Erwin syndrome and

>

> > you know what happened to him finally.

>

> wait, were all going to get stabbed in the heart by a sting ray?

Live by the gun , die by the gun . ;)

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Went to nyc over the weekend to hang with some moped homies and holy moly that was fun. Had about 15 people out ridin and beautiful weather. I think i can officially say I "got blocks" on a Puch lmao. Getting more and more comfy on the back tire. My friend took some videos of wheelies and the group blastin, I'll post it up if I get it.

Next weekend I'll be at Swoops rally and word is the dirt bike wheelie kids show up for the ride. It would be funny to ride wheelies with them on my moped.

I kinda feel like the kid with a scooter at the skatepark, but whatever it's fun.

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Ive never been able to wheelie my Solex

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Pedal harder!

> Boot 2Thehead Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ive never been able to wheelie my Solex

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Went to nyc over the weekend to hang with some moped homies and holy

> moly that was fun. Had about 15 people out ridin and beautiful weather.

> I think i can officially say I "got blocks" on a Puch lmao. Getting more

> and more comfy on the back tire. My friend took some videos of wheelies

> and the group blastin, I'll post it up if I get it.

>

> Next weekend I'll be at Swoops rally and word is the dirt bike wheelie

> kids show up for the ride. It would be funny to ride wheelies with them

> on my moped.

>

> I kinda feel like the kid with a scooter at the skatepark, but whatever

> it's fun.

yeah, the homie Clift and a few dudes usually come for the friday night ride

https://www.instagram.com/sameoleclift/

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Went to nyc over the weekend to hang with some moped homies and holy

> moly that was fun. Had about 15 people out ridin and beautiful weather.

> I think i can officially say I "got blocks" on a Puch lmao. Getting more

> and more comfy on the back tire. My friend took some videos of wheelies

> and the group blastin, I'll post it up if I get it.

>

> Next weekend I'll be at Swoops rally and word is the dirt bike wheelie

> kids show up for the ride. It would be funny to ride wheelies with them

> on my moped.

>

> I kinda feel like the kid with a scooter at the skatepark, but whatever

> it's fun.

The dude on the yellow quad kept his front wheels off the ground almost the entire ride!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

Looked like that quad kinda got in people's way a few times. Still awesome though.

Can't wait until this weekend!!

Re: moped "bike life" thread

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looked like that quad kinda got in people's way a few times. Still

> awesome though.

yeah riding with them is kind of a nightmare tbh

Re: moped "bike life" thread

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Can’t wait for the Nightmare to happen.

Max you coining down with a group?

Re: moped "bike life" thread

I'm the only LGN member that can make it but I'll be carpooling with nyc and richmond homies! We are heading out tomorrow evening. I'm so ready for this weekend!!!!!

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can’t wait for the Nightmare to happen.

>

> Max you coining down with a group?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account