Can't find a VIN on my bike

Hi guys,

New to moped army and new to mopeds as well.

I'd love to get my bike registered here in NJ but DMV says 4 numbers is not a VIN number. So where do I find it in this bike? Any help please?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Re: Can't find a VIN on my bike

The standard 17 digit VIN number only became mandatory in 1981.

That's the VIN. Take a picture of the VIN tag or do a pencil rub of the number and show it to the DMV clerk. If he/she won't accept it, ask to speak with her Supervisor. I have several mopeds registered in NJ with a comparable number of digits on the VIN tag.

Rudy Stumpf /

Thanks I'll try with pictures

Rudy Stumpf /

Thanks, I'll try again at DMV with the new info.

It could also be stamped on the frame, probably either just above the motor on either side or under the seat on the seat tube.

Or you can try the serial number on the engine.

Just add 13 zeros to make 17 number VIN

Cool !

What works is put zero's in (front) of what you have to make 17 digits.................... vin # 00000000000005255..........BINGO....

for my insurance on bike that have incomplete vins I just ifll in with 0's or 1's. As long as the numbers on your registration are on there you can explain that to any cop or whatever.

like, only a dickhead cop is gonna say hey, these 4 numbers on your bike which match the numbers on your registration don't have a string of zeroes... and if they are a dickhead theyre gonna be a dick about it anyway and you're fucked - not like the zeros would've made a difference.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account