Trac wheels on Puch

Any clue of the ease of this? I'm picking up a 79 Maxi later today, and for some god awful reason, the guy has a BMX fork on the front and smaller fat tires on it. Would I be able to use a wheel set from a Trac Hawk on it possibly?

possibly a stupid question. So, sorry in advance

Re: Trac wheels on Puch

Not without some real fenagling.

That's what I was assuming. Guess I'll see what I'm getting myself into once I pick the ped up tonight

Thanks

yea the tricky bit is puchs got the brake and sprocket on the same side, tracs don't. you basically lose the pedal side stuff entirely, and gotta finagle a brake stop tab onto the right hand side. I've used a bolt through the swingarm or hose clamps before but bolt's sketchy to the swingarm structurally unless you weld it in, and hose clamp is sketchy in general cuz when it breaks your drum'd spin, pull the cable and lock up hard.

sprocket size is also different enough gearing can be tricky. I think theyre the same width almost and same axle diameter, same chain size, so you could slip it in and it'd work, just no back brake no pedal action and bad gearing. front one's easier, especially if the brake tab lines up.

Doesn't sound too fun haha. Cool, thanks for all the info!

bmx forks sound amazing why do you wanna change it?

post up some pics!

I ended up actually getting the Puch wheelset from the guy thankfully.

The BMX fork doesn't actually fully fit. Tons of play and movement. Interesting look, but with the weight of the street tires, it would definitely struggle to move

Also.....that swing arm.....

I finished rebuilding the engine mostly last night, but I need to put in an order to treats before I could even begin to fully assemble this baby

unnamed.jpg

Oh my god that swingarm. You will be ded

Stretched. Lol

Already ordered a new one haha. I’d like to live longer than the first ride

those are kid's fat tire bicycle wheels, where's the drive sprocket supposed to go? maybe they were trying to fucker it into an electric? those kinda wheelsets seem pretty popular in the custom built e-bikes.

I really don’t think the guy knew what he was doing. But the frame is pristine besides that god awful swing arm, so I’m stoked. Just finished rebuilding the ZA50 that it came with with all in pieces

Yo I had a trac

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account