70cc Update

InfectedBootSector /

Hey everyone!

Got the BiTurbo on. I had to lay the bike on its side and tighten the bolts with a pair of pliers.

The damned clutch cable snapped while it was sitting in my shed. Gotta get a new one.

The damned throttle cable is still too damned short. Has ANYONE used the kit and found a throttle cable that FITS? I've tried 3 different ones. I'm about ready to go to a cycle shop and get one for a smaller sized MC.

ANy suggestions or does anyone have a OEM Puch cable?

The 70cc kit is MEAN. I didn't resproket the bike and it still has loads of power. It does eat more gas, about 25% more than the original...maybe even more than that.

It's gonna be great for the mountains around here.

The brakes are gonna worry me a bit, as well as the skinny tires. The side stand is ok to hold up the bike, but it doesn't hold the rear wheel up so that you can start it like with the center stand. Have to pedal start it now, which would be cool except the damned crank arm on the left is bent and scrapes the biturbo. I'll have to fix this.

Other than that, its gonna be great!

Re: 70cc Update

InfectedBootSector /

One thing to add...

this kit puts out TONS of extra heat. Use a HIGH Quality oil. I was thinking about getting some redline for the tranny to, as it has some of the heat transfered to it from the jug and feels warmer than before.

This kit is not for the faint of heart. I have a feeling that its gonna be a monster to handle.

Next time, I'm gonna stick with rebuilding to a Hi Tourque or 2 hp 50cc with a better carb and exhuast.

Matt Wilson /

Got the BiTurbo on. I had to lay the bike on its side and tighten the bolts with a pair of pliers.

The damned throttle cable is still too damned short. Has ANYONE used the kit and found a throttle cable that FITS? I've tried 3 different ones. I'm about ready to go to a cycle shop and get one for a smaller sized MC.

Did you get a new carb also? You probably just need a shorter throttle noodle. When I put a new carb on my scooter I needed the shorter noodle. It was included with a dellorto carb.

Have to pedal start it now, which would be cool except the damned crank arm on the left is bent and scrapes the biturbo. I'll have to fix this.

Bend the mounting bracket. I doubt its the crank, I think the biturbos are just a little big. My pedals clip the edge of my biturbo on my puch.

Matt

InfectedBootSector /

I did bent the crank a little a few years back, but I'll try the bracket and see how that works.

The carb is an Amal... I'll get the ol dremel out and go to town on the noodle and see if that helps.

Thanks!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account