Need some help with this stubborn HPI....

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yeah yeah, i know what youre thinking...."another noob needs help with his HPI...UGH"

Im at an impass. I have read every thread i could find on the hpi, and i have read the manuals online as well. This is where the problem seems to start though.

I have an HPI2TEN i boughg for my puch with an E50 (bought from Mr. DUNCAN) according to the stator plate. There are 3 manuals on HPI's website, for what i assume are 3 different types of 210 series cdi. I can't determine which timing method to follow.

2 of the manuals call for using a mark on the cable clamp on the stator plate, and 1 calls for using a line to either side of the cable clamp.

I have had friends tell.me.to use the left line for a clockwise rotating flywheel (bring piston to TDC, back off 2mm BTDC, and install flywheel with notch aligned with line), but the only manual for 210 that tells you to use the lines, says that the right line needs to be used for clockwise flywheel, not the left.

Unfortunately, my timing light crapped out on me recently, i have a new one coming soon.

In the meantime, i was hoping the people experienced with HPI ignitions can educate me on the methods for timing properly, in the way a wiki entry would show? (Setting initial timing, adjusting the timing you have, general setup and procedure etc.) (Why is there no wiki entry on HPI's?)

I'd reaply appreciate any help and guidance you can give me.

Thanks in advance! (Pun intended) (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Topic by: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/11/18 06:08PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ 02/11/18 11:59PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Ryan N. Ryan N. 02/12/18 07:06AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/12/18 08:17AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: cheetahchrome . cheetahchrome . 02/12/18 08:00AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/12/18 08:18AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Ryan . Ryan . 02/12/18 08:53AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 02/12/18 11:12AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Dave Steele Dave Steele 02/12/18 12:49PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 02/12/18 06:24PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 02/12/18 07:33PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: ~ Classic Don Trumpter ~ Classic Don Trumpter 02/13/18 12:25AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 02/14/18 01:24AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Dmitry K. Dmitry K. 02/12/18 11:54PM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/13/18 06:37AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Ryan N. Ryan N. 02/13/18 10:16AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/13/18 10:27AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Dave Steele Dave Steele 02/13/18 11:22AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 02/13/18 11:31AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Ryan N. Ryan N. 02/13/18 10:32AM
  Re: Need some help with this stubborn HPI....Re: Chris Straub Chris Straub 02/13/18 03:24PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account