MATT

matt you still selling your carb?

what about that variator adjustment.. you ever do that?

I think i might just order a carb from warehouse for 65 bucks and use my old houseing. Still gonna need cables though

Re: MATT

Matt Wilson /

Duck,

Yeah I've still got the carb... but I don't have the new one yet...its still on back order. I will have one for sure by the end of next week.

If you want I'll sell it $25 shipping included. But for $90 you can get a 16mm dellorto with new air filter, and 16mm manifold from 50cc.nl with shipping included!

Thats what I'm doing.... actually I'm getting a doppler carb which is a little nicer...but thats why its taking so long.

If you still want it let me know, but I won't sell it before I get the new one

Also mt bike brake cables work for the choke cable, and I think you can get a bike cable to work for the decompression. I haven't taken apart the throttle so I don't know about that cable.

Bicycle brake housing works well as a universal housing

Those cables at a bike shop should run you $4 and the housing is usually $1 a foot.

wilsom@rpi.edu

Matt

Matt Wilson /

Also if you get a new carb you can get dellorto jets practically anywhere as opposed to the gurtner ones which are a big pain to find

Theres nothing the matter with my carb and I don't mind selling it, but if you're gonna throw down some $ you might as well get some extra mph out of it

Matt

im not 100% sure wha tI should do.. I attempted to get it fixed one last time before replacing tonight.. I sat down clamly and said if i dont get it in 10 minutes.. ill just re park it and not mess witht he moped till i have brand new moped cables and a carberator. well wouldn't you know i was able to put hte whole carb back together with a home made rubber gasket and trim a new bicycle cable and I used the back brake pinch bolt to hold it in place. I think i'll go to a bike shop and buy a few more of them tommorrow. I am serisouly thinking about getting a lil bigger carb like you but Where am I going to find a bigger exhuast for a 102?

Wha tI hear is that the 102 and 103 motor are EXACTLy the same other then the carb inlet.. the 103 has a reed valve and the 102 is hollow and the 102 has a diffren't ehuast pipe.

I am wondering why.. if they both go about the same speed.. the only diffrence would be maybe responsiveness or mpg. ?? My 102 seemed to get awesome gas milage and was pretty peppy when it ran good.. it would do about 32 miles an hour. What would the advantanges if i put say the carb and reedvalve form a 103? anything? Also what about exhuast.. if i up the jet size.. you think i could just bolt up a 103 exhaust? I saw a pretty cool loevincci for a 103. I wonder if moving to a 103 carb would be bigger and just adding a 103 exhuast.. sinc emy bike is smaller and weighs less I wonder if this would be an easy upgrade?

Or will it make any diffrence? I'm sur eyou don't know all the answers to this question matt... but I think your one of the few people i have talked to that has both a 102 and a 103.

Matt Wilson /

I am serisouly thinking about getting a lil bigger carb like you but Where am I going to find a bigger exhuast for a 102?

Send 50cc.nl an email...maybe Marcel knows something that will fit

"What I hear is that the 102 and 103 motor are EXACTLy the same other then the carb inlet.. the 103 has a reed valve and the 102 is hollow and the 102 has a diffren't ehuast pipe."

I posted pictures of my 103 engine...they looked the same as yours right?

So the engine is the same.

The carburators are the same.

I don't know about the manifold though....but I am pretty sure that the 103 doesn't have reeds...not positive but I can check later

"I am wondering why.. if they both go about the same speed.. the only diffrence would be maybe responsiveness or mpg. ??"

Maybe the 102 one was a cheaper or discontinued model.

"What would the advantanges if i put say the carb and reedvalve form a 103? anything? Also what about exhuast.. if i up the jet size.. you think i could just bolt up a 103 exhaust? I saw a pretty cool loevincci for a 103. I wonder if moving to a 103 carb would be bigger and just adding a 103 exhuast.. sinc emy bike is smaller and weighs less I wonder if this would be an easy upgrade?"

I'd ask marcel at 50cc.nl these questions...he'd know.

"Or will it make any diffrence? I'm sur eyou don't know all the answers to this question matt... but I think your one of the few people i have talked to that has both a 102 and a 103."

I actually only have the 103. But I'll let you konw how it goes after the upgrades.

Good luck and if you want the carb send me an email.

wilsom@rpi.edu

Matt

opps. I thought you had an old 102 as well.

I think the motors are the same... the carbs are the same the exhuast was only diffren't due to the diffrences in the frame design.. a 102 wont fit on a 103.. but I hear that a 103 exhuast will work on a 102.

The engines look the same but they are quite different. In fact I think the carburator and the exhaust (small one) are the only parts that are common to both type.

The 103 does have reed valve while the 102 doesn't which means the cylinders and engine bases are different: Since the manifold of the 102 connects directly to the cylinder,there is an intake port at the back of the cylinder. The cylinder of the 103 does not have this port, the reed valve is mounted to the engine base.

If i'm not mistaken, Peugeot never produced a 102 with a variator (I never saw one...) there is only one clutch available for this model which is the basic peugeot centrifugical clutch. This means the engine mount on the frame are quite different: the 103 is mounted on the frame by a large bolt on top which acts as the pivot point for the swing arm that goes all the way from the back to the front. There is also a spring that hold the tension on the belt as the engine pivot by the action of the variator clutch.

although the magneto and flywheel are different on 103 and 102, you can use switch them from one model to the other as long as you change the whole thing (Back plate /w coils and everything + the flywheel).

Last, the exhaust. Since the 103 engine has the variator clutch, most 103 perf. exhausts have some kind of mechanism to allow the engine to pivot freely while the exhaust remains still. Usually it's some kind of joint near where the exhaust connects to the cylinder. although you don't actually need it on an engine without variator it shouldn't be a problem to fit on on your 102.

That's it ;) sorry for the long message but I wanted to set the record straight. they are not the same engine.

I don't know if you saw my posting on an other thread but I do have 102 (or 103) carburator in stock or all the parts you need to rebuilt yours. Send me an e-mail at solex@sympatico.ca.

Jean-Sebastien Laurin

------------------------------------------------

Montr

Matt Wilson /

Of course! The 102 doesn't have the variator! Thats why it has a standard exhaust not a beer can style...because it doesn't need to pivot

"If i'm not mistaken, Peugeot never produced a 102 with a variator (I never saw one...)"

Thanks for clearing this up jean.

Hey duck maybe you could get a biturbo on your 102

probly so i might sell the damn thing on e bay for 200 bucks and use that money to buy a new yumbo if i can find some damn information about the yumbos. i relaly want one for some reason... all my puegeot needs is new stock

cables.. i can't get the throtal cable to stay inside the hand grip.. I HATE BICYCLE CABLES...

I am just damn tierd of fooling with it.. man it has the fattest spark i've seen on it since ig ot the damn thing.. the carb is now right and squeeky clean.. the paint damn shines....

I just want a mope di can trust and use as a daily driver back and forth to work.. im tierd of lugging around in my huge chevy truck.. on such nice days. I'm out of pateients with the peugeot.. I've taken it everywher ei can think here bike hops motorcycle shops no one will help me.. infact most are damn right rude to me.. I can't work on it here to much.. I don't have a garage and my elderly granmother lives with me now. I wish I could find osmone that would buy it for a fair price so I don't totaly loose my ass on it and can just use the money to help purchase a new one tha tI can use without alot of fuss. I've spent a ton on the puegeot.. mostly for just parts here and there.. no real big parts.. all It lacks is good cables.. I jsut don't have any damn confidence with them.. I want a moped so bad.. I mean sooo bad... I have that peugeot and it just sits and tuants me.. i can't fix it i tried.. I MEAN I put up a hell of a damn fight.. but i have no help and its just to much for me.

im probly going to stop chatting on the biard too... you guys are damn great people.. but i cant get this one running.. i cna't find any help even moped junkyard and warehouse told me getting the right cables would be hard and cost over a hundred bucks... I just am giving up.. i love this bpoard and moped it is in my soul.. but i havn'et had mine running long enought o even tkae a 2 mile trip and ive been trying for over a year now.. I love it... I love it but im wigging out going to have a nervous breakdown.. i just want somehthing i can get on and ejoy like i hear everyone doing...

my moped has gotten me as far as around the lake once and here and there.. maybe actualy running right for a mile or two on about 5 diffren't occasions. I LOVE it.... blah.. im stuck lost helpless i give up. i hate to sink 800 dollars in an ew one.. but i think im just oignt to have too.. i don't hav emuch money or anything .. im tyring to get married.. im helping support my old grandma in my own house going to college and working 50 hours a week and all i want is a moped to drive to work to be happy on.... fuck sorry

Matt Wilson /

Duck,

Stop working on the bike for a week.

I was about to sell my peugeot.....I actually did sell it on ebay but the guy never bought it. I'm glad he didn't... I can't wait to get the parts and fix it up

After a little while I was able to slowly start working on it again without the frustration I had before.

And I don't know about those Yumbos. The fact that they sell for $800, and you can't find any information on them would make me a little leery. Just think about how hard it will be to find parts for them!

Matt

matt... I just noticed on a blow up of the yumbo picture that it says hero on the neck of it. You think hero puch or hero magestic makes them and sell them under a yumbo name? or something?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account