U-Ship

Has anyone used U-ship or a 3rd party to ship peds and can tell me about the experience thanks

Re: U-Ship

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I havent personally however i did Greyhound a Tomos dirtbike and extra parts to Cali once. Way more hassle than its worse and not cheap. Wouldnt recommend greyhound.

I’ve done uship it was easy peezy... I got a wooden pallet, strapped the ped to it. Wrapped it completely in giant plastic wrap stuff. Truck showed up with a lift gate and pallet jack... they took it away... it was delivered a few days later to respective buyer. Hardest part is paying for it. Lol

I've used it once to deliver a ped from central PA to southwest MI.

It was like 225 bucks.

You have to wait until the perfect bid comes up. The first few are going to be like triple what you want to pay. Have to be flexible about the dates/times also.

The seller didn't palletize it but they did wrap tank in bubble wrap/secure loose parts etc. Was delivered in the back of a pickup.

Overall it was a great experience, but i'm sure it different based on the carrier.

I'd do it again, but only if the shipping doesn't outweigh the cost of the bike itself.

Oh shit yea forgot to mention price.... accepted a bid 2 days after submitting request. it was just over $300 for palletized streetmate shipped from the mountains of Colorado to the peach orchards of Georgia. I put about $25 worth of packing material in to the mix as well, between the moving blanket laid over the entire unit, the ratchet straps, and the plastic wrap... it arrived exactly as shipped and the buyer made some upcycled thing from the pallet wood. Boom.

Straight up though, buyer paid as much for the uship as they did for the streetmate...

if you can keep it under 150lbs I think you can ship UPS ground. I recently looked into getting a new motor for my car shipped and it's cheapest to do UPS ground (Suzuki samurai motor only weighs 120lbs lolol)

Mikey Antonakakis /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> if you can keep it under 150lbs I think you can ship UPS ground. I

> recently looked into getting a new motor for my car shipped and it's

> cheapest to do UPS ground (Suzuki samurai motor only weighs 120lbs

> lolol)

need pics of samurai

Used once, no complaints. May be cheaper ways?

4B32802D-00BA-408B-9E11-71995A92B244.jpeg

i've had multiple bikes shipped with uShip and i've never paid more than $300.

U-Ship is awesome, just be patient before committing to a bid and setup your pickup window within the week or 2 and give them like 3 to 4 weeks to deliver so you can get your bike on a high volume shipment for less than average, request closed transport and choose someone with good feedback. Sometimes shippers offer free insurance but they ask a lot more sometimes then too, you can pay like 50 bucks extra for extensive coverage though otherwise.

55CB863B-6283-4449-95DC-06AB3715931D.jpeg
DC5AEFF1-BA36-4EB9-9986-129FFF9A152B.png

Jeremy cole /

Thanks everyone great advice

I had a good experience. It was $267 to ship a Honda Express I won off of Ebay from Ohio to Atlanta.

I only had the one experience with it. The Ebay seller arranged the shipment. I had a notice it should be arriving on Friday. On Thursday night around 11:30pm, a scruffy looking guy was knocking on my door and asked if I was the guy expecting the Honda Express. He guessed that he was at the right place, since my 1978 Honda Express was parked outside. He was unable to drive through the security gate, but was able to walk up to my apartment. I walked back to his van with a trailer and he opened the van door and there was the Honda Express, just tied down inside the van, along with a matress on the floor and a bunch of other stuff, that I assume were other deliveries. I assume his trailer also had other deliveries. I talked with him about U-Ship. It was how he makes his living. He just wanders around picking up shipments and dropping them off. We pulled the Honda Express out of the van and I started pushing it back to the apartment. He told me, "It should start". I pulled the key out of the packet of papers, title and such, put it in the ignition, turned the gas on, kicked it a few times and it started and I rode back to my apartment.

I was happy with the whole transaction. I really expected that an unseen bike off of Ebay was going to be something to rebuild, inspite of the notes in the auction listing, but it has been reliable.

So I am pretty happy with U-ship, its kind of the Uber for shipping, but I have to imagine like on Ebay, there is going to be a mix of good and bad.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account